Thread: Belichick to star in a two-part documentary on his life

Default Belichick to star in a two-part documentary on his life

http://www.csnne.com/08/29/11/Belich...24&feedID=3352

Belichick to star in two-part documentary on life
    Recommend Comment(1) Email Print Facebook RSS

By Jimmy Toscano
    CSNNE.com

Patriots fans: If you have plans on Thursday, Sept. 15 at 9:00 PM ET, and Thursday, Sept. 22, at 10:00 PM ET, cancel them. We repeat -- cancel them.

Why?

You're about to have your mind blown, that's why.

The NFL and NFL Network, along with NFL Films, have announced that New England Patriots Head Coach, Bill Belichick, will star in a two-part documentary that takes an extensive look into his life.

Back in 2009, Bill Belichick agreed to mic himself up for the entire 2009 football season, and the product of those mic'd up days are to appear in the coming weeks.

'Bill Belichick: A Football Life', goes in-depth with Belichick on and off the field during that season, and it will undoubtedly show a side of Belichick that many fans have not been able to see.

Watch the trailer here.

The documentary -- a first in a series -- provides unprecedented access to each featured individual to tell the story of how their legacy is forever intertwined in the fabric of NFL history.

“Bill Belichick doesn’t only make history – he studies it; he understands his place in it; and he appreciates our desire to capture it,” said NFL Films President Steve Sabol. “Like Vince Lombardi’s Packers in 1967, Belichick and the Patriots gave us access to his football life and what we created is a portrait of the coach, the father, the taskmaster – and most importantly – the man.”

The 2009 season marked the 35th consecutive year in the NFL for Belichick, and also the Patriots' 50th Anniversary season. Surprising as it is, Belichick is the only coach to ever be wired for sound for an entire NFL season.

“This documentary would not have been possible without the support of Robert and Jonathan Kraft and the entire Patriots organization,” said Howard Katz, Senior Vice President NFL Media and COO of NFL Films. “Mr. Kraft is always searching for new ways to bring the fans closer to the game and this project was a perfect collaboration between the Patriots and NFL Films.”

"It is beyond measure what NFL Films has done to promote football, preserve its history and entertain generations of us who love the game,” said Belichick. “When the legendary coach of the NFL Films team, Steve Sabol, approached us about capturing our 50th anniversary season in 2009, it was an honor to participate."

The documentary kicks off with Belichick spending his last offseason day in Nantucked before reporting to training camp. It then will follow Belichick and the Patriots through the entire 2009 season, including Belichick's trip to Giants Stadium, time spent with Tom Brady, and the lighters moments with members of his team and family.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Belichick to star in a two-part documentary on his life

Cant wait to watch

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Interesting.

Will he be loaning his own cameras for the shooting?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I can't watch this because it will probably make me not hate him.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:

Heads up- part 1 is tonight.

Whether you hate him or not, it ought to be pretty interesting to see how team meetings, practices, coaches meetings, meetings with the owner unfold, and just flat-out how a head coach is able to multi-task such a busy professional and even family life with some degree of success.

I'm definitely going to watch. The man is an incredible coach.

Mood

I loved it shows incredible insight. I love that part he tells Derrick Mason shut the F up and look at the score board. Apart from that he is very mild and he seemed to be working on things in the Tennessee game. My favorite part was when he was in the Giants locker room telling storys. That may have been the best coaching staff of this era.

I will have to catch the re-run.

That Tennessee game was the best example i have ever seen of a team (TENN) totally giving up, very early in the game, and flat-out rolling over. It would have been even better to have Jeff Fisher miked up on that game. How can you lose 59-0 to a 10-6 team, other than it's snowing, you're cold, and you simply don't care?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That Tennessee game was the best example i have ever seen of a team (TENN) totally giving up, very early in the game, and flat-out rolling over. It would have been even better to have Jeff Fisher miked up on that game. How can you lose 59-0 to a 10-6 team, other than it's snowing, you're cold, and you simply don't care?
    The worst part was that the Pats started the season badly. The week before that they lost to Denver lol. Bill was telling them the whole week they were the only team in the NFL who hadn't had a throw over 40 yards or a run over 20. In that game they had like 6. Brady had 5 td's is one quarter. So they were trying to prove Bill that they can make the big play in that game. Next week they are showing the 2nd part which includes the 2nd half of the season and the Indy game where he made the questionable call of going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I love that part he tells Derrick Mason shut the F up and look at the score board.
    http://www.twitvid.com/RZWOU

Mason: All day. Gonna have this smile on my face all day!
    BB: F you Mason.... Could you just look at the scoreboard!

(It was 24-14 Patriots, and ended up 27-21 Patriots)

I've watched the first part. Don't know if the second has come out yet, but it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post

Yeah he made people forget all about that game when he donned a Manning jersey days later to introduce Tony Dungy at a charity event.