Thread: Serious question is Bama's defense better than the Colts or Pats D?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Serious question is Bama's defense better than the Colts or Pats D?

I'm being dead serious if Bama's defense played in place of the Colts or Pats or any other bad defense would they play better? I honestly think this is the best defense I have ever seen in college ball and think they could equal the Colts defense if not be better. The 3 LBs they have would all start on the Colts IMO so would most of there front 4 and secondary. I bet every starter on the Bama defense plays in the NFL. They are all college stars IMO their LBs and safety's are really really good.

so whats your answer do you think Bamas defense is equall or better than the Colts defense? I think they could be a top 20 defense in the NFL JMO.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Serious question is Bama's defense better than the Colts or Pats D?

I think LSU's defense is better. But no, no college defense is better than any pro defense.

Edit: Neither team's quarterback is very good, either. I'd like to see Andrew Luck go against one of these teams in the NC game. The SEC team would win, but I'd like to see how Luck handles it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think LSU's defense is better. But no, no college defense is better than any pro defense.
    I would normally agree with that but Bama is absolutely stacked they have great players as backups all there starters will be decent to great NFL player especially there LB core. Some of their backups will probably even make the NFL.

I bet if you combined LSU's defense and Bama's they would be much better than the Pats pass defense and the Colts run defense.

Bama only gives up 7ppg and LSU gives up 11 (But they have played much better teams)

LSU's D cannot really stop a good running back. Unfortunately Alabama thinks they can throw the football.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    LSU's D cannot really stop a good running back. Unfortunately Alabama thinks they can throw the football.
    Trent Richardson=best running back in college football. His stats tonight: 23 carries, 89 yards, with 24 of them coming on one run. average is 3.9 per carry. So I don't really know where you are getting that from.

He was up at 5 ypc for most of the game. Also Marcus Lattimore was the best running back in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Trent Richardson=best running back in college football. His stats tonight: 23 carries, 89 yards, with 24 of them coming on one run. average is 3.9 per carry. So I don't really know where you are getting that from.
    Meh, his last two carries where he lost 10 yards kinda changed the numbers. And those losses weren't on him, they were on the line.

I think Bama's defense is better than LSU's too. Bama just made more mistakes tonight (LIKE MISSING 4 FIELD GOALS).

But no, neither Bama's or LSU's defense would be able to hold up against a pro team better than the Colts or Pat's defenses. PSU put up 11 points on Bama and our QBs are horrible.

Offensive lines in the NFL would love to play against a college defense. Yeah the Colts allowed 62 to the Saints, but can you imagine Drew Brees going up against some 19 and 20 year olds? It wouldn't be pretty. The decision making of pro QB's alone would really show the difference in skill between pro and college. Add in the better offensive lines, well it wouldn't really be a contest.

Heck, Arkansas scored a couple TDs against the Bama D and is the most points anyone has scored against them.

LSU gave up 27 to Oregon and 21 to West Virginia.

These two teams are good. Their defenses are very good, but the hype surrounding them is completely ridiculous. Both teams are not disciplined offensively and have huge issues at the QB position. Bama at least has Richardson. Who's the go to guy for LSU if they need a score? They don't have one.

I would love to see Stanford get a shot at them, but more specifically I'd like to see Boise State get a chance as I feel they are the more complete team between BSU and Stan.

Their Ds are good and they will both have a lot of NFL picks, but no, they are not better than a NFL defense.

The big issues for these two teams is they don't have a whole lot to fall on if their D's ever show up to a game flat IMO, at least not against a good football team. You're not beating Stanford, OK St, or Boise with less than 14 points, I don't care how good your D is.

Oregon and Auburn were so great last year because they played both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Heck, Arkansas scored a couple TDs against the Bama D and is the most points anyone has scored against them.

LSU gave up 27 to Oregon and 21 to West Virginia.

These two teams are good. Their defenses are very good, but the hype surrounding them is completely ridiculous. Both teams are not disciplined offensively and have huge issues at the QB position. Bama at least has Richardson. Who's the go to guy for LSU if they need a score? They don't have one.

I would love to see Stanford get a shot at them, but more specifically I'd like to see Boise State get a chance as I feel they are the more complete team between BSU and Stan.

Their Ds are good and they will both have a lot of NFL picks, but no, they are not better than a NFL defense.

The big issues for these two teams is they don't have a whole lot to fall on if their D's ever show up to a game flat IMO, at least not against a good football team. You're not beating Stanford, OK St, or Boise with less than 14 points, I don't care how good your D is.

Oregon and Auburn were so great last year because they played both sides of the ball.
    I really hope Boise gets a shot this year. I think they might too. I don't see OK State beating Oklahoma. I think Oklahoma might actually be the best team in the country. They have probably the most balanced team in the country. But losing to Texas Tech... that was just bad. And I can see Stanford losing to Oregon. If that happens, Boise should be in the national title game.

And I think Boise can do very well against whoever they go against. Kellen Moore doesn't get enough credit for what he has done in his career. Boise is a team that prepares incredibly well and each year they have proven they can play with the big conferences.

Oklahoma lost their best RB to the ankle injury and now lost their best WR to a torn ACL. Hasn't been a good season for them when it comes to lucky breaks.

Gosh I hate Boise State. I am so irritated with them. I can't watch a second of their games on that ****ing smurf turf. It's ridiculous. For the record, I think they would get smashed by either LSU or Alabama.

I don't want to see a rematch of field goal-apalooza in the NC game, but I think those two are clearly the best teams in college football. The SEC is just in a class by itself, or at least their elite teams. Top to bottom, it's not quite as strong this year, and the SEC East is mostly garbage, but their elite teams are the class of the country each year.

Lattimore may have been the best running back in college football TJ, but that's hardly the point. LSU has a very good run defense.

My hope for the NC game is LSU vs. Stanford, if only to see just how good LSU's defense is against an elite QB, and to see if Luck can handle himself around the nation's best secondary.