Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Colts@Texans Game/Post-Game

Default Re: Colts@Texans Game/Post-Game

On the bright side, the unbearable pressure of being undefeated has been lifted early!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Indy fans get upset about being called bandwagon fans, but yet they act like this at the very first opportunity.

Raise your hand if you expected a good showing yesterday.

Oh, no hands? Then why in the hell is everyone acting like it's the end of the world?

I didn't expect it to be THAT ugly, because I didn't expect Collins to put the ball on the ground inside the Colts own 30 within the first 5minutes of gameplay twice, but it's like you guys expected them to go into Houston and compete.

Obviously you guys forgot what Houston did to the Colts last year, WITH Manning.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indy fans get upset about being called bandwagon fans, but yet they act like this at the very first opportunity.

Oh, no hands? Then why in the hell is everyone acting like it's the end of the world?

I didn't expect it to be THAT ugly, because I didn't expect Collins to put the ball on the ground inside the Colts own 30 within the first 5minutes of gameplay twice, but it's like you guys expected them to go into Houston and compete.

Obviously you guys forgot what Houston did to the Colts last year, WITH Manning.
    Ya I mean with Manning I think the Colts still lose by at least 10. The Colts DL and OL got man handled I think there is no way the Colts win that game with or without Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Ya I mean with Manning I think the Colts still lose by at least 10. The Colts DL and OL got man handled I think there is no way the Colts win that game with or without Manning.
    I'll tell you this. Manning completely changes that game. That's about on par with how the Texans have been playing the Colts the last few years, but with Manning he always puts pressure on the other team to not make mistakes. Those turnovers would of killed the Texans yesterday if Manning was playing.

For the record, I'm glad he's not. Give him this year to rest, draft/pay for some high quality defensive players and let Manning take a run at a super bowl the next two years. I think the offense with Manning is more than fine. The two OT that were drafted will get their feet wet this year and be ready to really do well next year. Addai and Carter will be good with some decent run blocking and Wayne plays more based off technique than speed so he won't lose much over time.

I'm really worried about the defense, but with (what I hope) is basically two first round picks next year they could really solidify the defense with some good drafting/free agents.

My only question is this injury career threatening? My uncle has had the same surgery and knows of others that have and he said no way Manning ever plays again. But all I've heard from doctors is that it's not. Strange.

I think a lot of you may underestimate the mental boost you get from having a guy like Peyton under the center.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

I don't get how our response are being fair weathered here. No most of us didn't expect them to win but that doesn't mean we expected them to be shut out 34-0 at the half either.

If the Texans had not let up in the second half I doubt we'd even score that lowly touchdown.

And no we didn't forget what Houston did to the Colts last year difference is the Colts scored 24 points and had a chance to possibly come back and win that game.

The Colts were DOA at kickoff

All it does is show what a lot of us have thought this team is very very flawed sans Manning and it can't be hidden anymore.

Bad defense/Special Teams/Shoddy O-Line.

Oh yeah and a bad coach too.

The only difference is there's no Manning to make this look semi decent.

Personally, I wasn't expecting the colts to win. I was going into it looking for a double-digit loss...just not that big in terms of double digits.

I was looking for some evidence of all these reasons we'd heard coming out of coaches and players why this team will be a tougher out without Manning that they were getting credit for. In my mind, that means they would compete.

They were not mentally ready to compete. in the first half they were flat out awful. They did not back up their call for deserving respect on iota.

The only other thing that truly irks me about this situation sans PM is how awful the defense is. It's essentially been this helpless since post - 2006. That year it wasn't good consistently, just in a timely way.

TPTB flat out do lip service and cosmetic changes every off season to no avail. They've had years to find a way to address the DT and CB issues, but can't find a creative way to do it. I understand we made it back to a SB. PM is that good; I agree. But the old addage defense wins championships still holds...particularly over a period of seasons.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

WE'RE LOSIN RECIPES! That line is STELLAR.