Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 106

Thread: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

  1. #76
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Basically it comes down to this:

    Tommie Harris got cut so that we could keep 5 tight ends.

    Nice move there front office....
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  2. #77

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the Colts wouldn't have had a better chance to win more?

    You're trying to have it both ways. You're admitting that injuries negatively influence the team while trying to limit it's influence.

    Take away the most important defender from each team and see how they do. We can talk about the Steelers and how they struggled last year when Troy P went down.

    This is an absolute joke of a conversation, that you can't even admit that injuries have routinely depleted the Colts.

    You try and say that Freeney isn't injury prone, and then talk about how his production was limited for two seasons because of injuries!!

    A relatively healthy Colts team in the postseason would perform better than an injury depleted Colts team.

    Just admit it.

    A healthy roster wins more than an injured one.

    Considering the accomplishments the Colts have acheived while injured, one can only assume more postseason wins, and atleast more SB appearances.


    I love how you're trying to blame Polian now for not knowing that Bob would be injured. And he missed 3 games over 3 seasons at Iowa, and they were the first three games of his Jr. year.

    Not surprised one bit.
    So having one serious injury makes you injury prone. Got it and thanks for clearing that one up for me. So Manning is injury prone now I guess that settles it. Might as well move on.

    Second of all get your facts straight. Bob missed games in 01 (Miami of OH), 02 (utah state), and 3 games in 03 his senior year. He also missed the senior bowl I beleive with a foot injury.

    http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/...ers_bob00.html

    What other team relies on stopping the run with a safety 15 yards off the line of scrimmage?

    Freeney's injury defaintly impacted our pressure packages but like I said before there are more ways to create pressure than with just 2 DE's. Plenty of teams have overcome injuries to DE's by blitz packages.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.

  3. #78

    Default

    [QUOTE=Gamble1;

    What other team relies on stopping the run with a safety 15 yards off the line of scrimmage?

    [/QUOTE]
    Ravens steelers and jets are rely heavily on safeties making game changing plays in the run game...so all of the best defensive teams lol

  4. #79

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically it comes down to this:

    Tommie Harris got cut so that we could keep 5 tight ends.

    Nice move there front office....
    Tommie Harris got cut because he has terrible knees and a big ego. IT was a used band aid of a move to cover a gaping wound.

    Polain has the black knight approach to run defense.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ravens steelers and jets are rely heavily on safeties making game changing plays in the run game...so all of the best defensive teams lol
    In a base cover 2 4-3 defense I don't think so. Point is those teams are good at stopping the run not because they have a safety making all the plays. They have all pro defensive fronts and the safeties are the added bonus. They certainly wouldn't have one mediocre Nose Tackle on the team and the safties making all the run stops.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-07-2011 at 05:30 PM.

  6. #81
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When have I ever even hinted at the Colts being the only team with injuries? This is starting to get comical.

    Nothing comical about it. You stated in post 56: "please find another high impact player that is also as injury prone as Dwight Freeney"

    Am I wrong to infer that as basically meaning that no other high impact player in the entire NFL is as injury prone as Freeney? Because I think that's pretty much exactly what you're saying there.

    Go back and re-read my two Freeney post. Never did I say that you said the Colts were the only team in the NFL with injuries. The only thing I addressed in the Freeney posts were your comments about Freeney.

    And regarding my Sanders post earlier, I was responding to post 44 you made where you stated: "don't think it was mere coincidence that the playoff year Bob was healthy was the year they happened to win."

    When you say "the playoff year Bob was healthy", that implies (to me at least) that 2006 was the only playoff year he was healthy. All I did was point out that he was completely healthy in 2005 and 2007, both years where we went one and done at home.

    I'm not putting words in your mouth. I'm responding to your direct quotes.

  7. #82
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So having one serious injury makes you injury prone. Got it and thanks for clearing that one up for me. So Manning is injury prone now I guess that settles it. Might as well move on.

    Second of all get your facts straight. Bob missed games in 01 (Miami of OH), 02 (utah state), and 3 games in 03 his senior year. He also missed the senior bowl I beleive with a foot injury.

    http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/...ers_bob00.html

    What other team relies on stopping the run with a safety 15 yards off the line of scrimmage?

    Freeney's injury defaintly impacted our pressure packages but like I said before there are more ways to create pressure than with just 2 DE's. Plenty of teams have overcome injuries to DE's by blitz packages.

    When have I ever said 1 injury makes you injury prone? Way to put words in my mouth.

  8. #83
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing comical about it. You stated in post 56: "please find another high impact player that is also as injury prone as Dwight Freeney"

    Am I wrong to infer that as basically meaning that no other high impact player in the entire NFL is as injury prone as Freeney? Because I think that's pretty much exactly what you're saying there.
    No, I said go find one, which you haven't done. My comment is pretty straight forward. You're taking a direct comment and trying to apply it to other players, which I haven't done. If you can prove me wrong, then do it.


    I've admitted several times on here that other teams have injury problems. Have I not?

  9. #84
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a base cover 2 4-3 defense I don't think so. Point is those teams are good at stopping the run not because they have a safety making all the plays. They have all pro defensive fronts and the safeties are the added bonus. They certainly wouldn't have one mediocre Nose Tackle on the team and the safties making all the run stops.
    Maybe you should have watched some of the Steeler games when Troy P was out, something I've already mentioned.

    But make no mistake about it, without Troy on the field, don't look for the Steelers to go far in the playoffs.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-any-questions

    Hmmm, how interesting. You mean to tell me a DPOY is a vital piece to a team's defense? NO WAY!!!
    Last edited by Since86; 09-08-2011 at 09:14 AM.

  10. #85

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you should have watched some of the Steeler games when Troy P was out, something I've already mentioned.


    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-any-questions

    Hmmm, how interesting. You mean to tell me a DPOY is a vital piece to a team's defense? NO WAY!!!
    You just pulled an article from Bleacherreport? I think that says enough right there. Troy is much more valueable in the passing game becasue the steelers have average DB's.

    Again I have never heard anyone call Freeney injury prone. As far as I know he has had one serious injury which is common to have atleast one bad injury after 9 years of NFL. The nick nack crap injuries are common and everyone has to play through them in the NFL. It really doesn't matter because the Colts are still only good in 2 phases of the game and that won't change unless personnel change. There is only two guys who can change the personnel and both of their names end with Polain.

    As far as Bob is concerned its pretty foolish to rely on a injury prone safety to get you far in the playoffs. Thats poor planning and there is no ways around that. Basically the guy has had injury concerns throughout his amateur and pro career and you want him to stop the run in base cover 2 defense? Really?

    We suck in the run because our front seven are small and are built to stop the pass. Again reling on a safety to consistently stop the run is silly but go on and blame injuries as the reason why we the Colts haven't gone far in the playoffs.

    We had Bob in 2005 and 2007 and the Colts still lost. We had the DPOY and still lost. IN 2007 he had big whooping 3 tackles in the plyaoff loss to the Chargers.

  11. #86
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    You just claimed Freeney isn't injury prone, because he had one major injury (when in fact he's had multiple) but then you go on to call Bob Sanders injury prone in college, because he missed THREE GAMES BECAUSE OF ONE INJURY!

    1) You're misrepresenting facts
    2) You're changing your tune whenever you see fit

    I mean my goodness, you admitted yesterday that Freeney was limited during the 2006 2007 seasons from injury, you know when I showed stats that he only had 9 sacks combined for those two years, and now suddenly he's only been injured once?



    And even a broken clock is right twice a day. You're going to have to atleast show why bleacherreport is wrong, instead of just throwing out the whole "that's your evidence." Except you can't refute the evidence becasue everyone saw Pitt struggle last year when Troy went down.

    Their defense isn't as good and it's obvious. Please try to tell us that the Steelers defense is just as good with Troy on the sidelines.

    I'll hold my laughter.

    And that's the bottom line.

    Are the Colts better, worse, or equal when Bob was playing?


    Obviously better. There's no denying it. What does a better decade look for the Colts?(A better decade than the one they just had)
    Last edited by Since86; 09-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.

  12. #87
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its well known that Freeney suffered a Lisfranc fracture which is hard difficult injury to come back from. His sac totals drop in that year for that obvious reason.
    Here is you admitting that his sack totals took a hit because of his injury.

    Was he also injured during the SB against the Saints? I forget......


    But yeah, keep acting like he's only been injured once.

  13. #88

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just claimed Freeney isn't injury prone, because he had one major injury (when in fact he's had multiple) but then you go on to call Bob Sanders injury prone in college, because he missed THREE GAMES BECAUSE OF ONE INJURY!

    I mean my goodness, you admitted yesterday that Freeney was limited during the 2006 2007 seasons from injury, you know when I showed stats that he only had 9 sacks combined for those two years, and now suddenly he's only been injured once?

    Their defense isn't as good and it's obvious. Please try to tell us that the Steelers defense is just as good with Troy on the sidelines.

    I'll hold my laughter.

    And that's the bottom line.

    Are the Colts better, worse, or equal when Bob was playing?


    Obviously better. There's no denying it. What does a better decade look for the Colts?(A better decade than the one they just had)
    I never said he has been injuried once. The hypocrisy is laughable. He has had one serious injury thats different than saying he has had only one injury.

    Bob missed multiple games in college due to multiple injuries. Read the freakin link before you respond and misrepresent information out of convenience.

    In any case you're getting no where just like the Colts defense. You want to rely on empty arguments then go ahead. We lost those two games in 05 and 07 due to not having Bob Sanders,, oh wait we did.. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.

  14. #89
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../injuries.html

    Quite a list.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-for-colts/


    http://thestartingfive.wordpress.com...gets-big-shot/


    The Colts play injuries very close to the vest, and Freeney isn't anything different. He always seems to have injury concerns around him.

    I'm not trying to pick on DFree, I love him as a player and I hope he ends his time in a Colts uniform. And I have the utmost respect for him playing through injuries. It really gives an indication on his personal character.

    But the fact still remains, he's hurt. A lot.

    I get that he was injured in 07 and 09. I've already acknowledged that. My point is that looking at the ENTIRE CONTEXT of his career, he has not been an injury prone player. He has had FAR MORE seasons where he is healthy than seasons where he is not. If you play DE the way he has for a decade then yes, you are going to get hurt here and there. But calling him an "injury prone" player is a tremendous stretch. Freeney himself would probably balk at that notion. By and large, he has been healthy for the bulk of his tenure here. Yeah, I'm sure there are lots of weeks he's played where he is beat up. The same can be said for most NFL players who have played for 10 years.

    You can't post a link about the 2007 injury to make the point that he is injury prone. He had someone step on his foot as he was making a spin move. That's not an injury caused by being "injury prone". It's a freak accident that would have taken anyone out. It's like the Harrison injury in 07. Marvin Harrison was never injury prone, but he just happened to be caught in a freak situation that took him out.

    The 2007 injury was a freak accident that has nothing to do with being "injury prone". The 09 injury was magnified because it took place at the worst possible time. Aside from those two injuries (one of which clearly had nothing to do with being injury prone), where is your evidence that he is injury prone?

    I don't remember him being injured in 2006. Just because he had a low amount of sacks doesn't mean he was hurt. He had more tackles in 06 than he did last year, 08, and 09, but obviously had more sacks that year than in 06. Just like a WR can have a year with low TD's, a DE can have a year with few sicks.

    2002: has great rookie season. Career high in tackles
    2003: Misses just one game, has a ton of sacks and tackles. No injuries in the way
    2004: Has a career high in sacks and a ton of tackles. Maybe his best season. No injuries
    2005: Another fantastic season, playing in every game and getting a ton of sacks/tackles
    2006: Low sacks but still plenty of tackles. Plays every game.
    2007: Season cut short by freak injury
    2008: Another fantastic season. Gets the last game of the year off to rest. Has another year of a ton of sacks/tackles. Clearly injuries weren't bothering him.
    2009: Injury causes him to miss some games during the season and he suffers one in the AFC title game that comes at the worst possible time. Clearly a year that is hobbled by injury
    2010: Plays/starts in every game. Second highest season sack total of career.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...F/FreeDw00.htm

    He has had TWO OUT OF NINE SEASONS substantially affected by injury. Clearly, by any objective measure, he is not injury prone. You are using a freak 2007 injury and a poorly timed 2009 injury to paint him as being injury prone. The fact is, he isn't. He has generally been healthy for his entire career here.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-08-2011 at 11:31 AM.

  15. #90
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said he has been injuried once. The hypocrisy is laughable. He has had one serious injury thats different than saying he has had only one injury.
    So a torn ligament in your ankle isn't a serious injury then?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bob missed multiple games in college due to multiple injuries. Read the freakin link before you respond and misrepresent information out of convenience.
    I did read the link, and I also read his bio from the hawkeyes athletic website. He wasn't injured his freshman year. He left ONE game early with a concussion his soph. year, and didn't miss any other time. He missed three games due to surgery his jr. year. That's it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In any case you're getting no where just like the Colts defense. You want to rely on empty arguments then go ahead. We lost those two games in 05 and 07 due to not having Bob Sanders,, oh wait we did.. Nevermind.
    Notice you don't answer a direct question? Why? Because we all know the answer.

    The Colts defense is better with Bob Sanders on the field. Everyone knows it. You can't deny it. So instead of answering the question, you pretend like it's not there.

    I'll ask again.

    Is the Colts defense better, worse, or equal when Bob Sanders is on the field compared to when he's not on the field?

  16. #91
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has had TWO OUT OF NINE SEASONS substantially affected by injury. Clearly, by any objective measure, he is not injury prone. You are using a freak 2007 injury and a poorly timed 2009 injury to paint him as being injury prone. The fact is, he isn't. He has generally been healthy for his entire career here.
    Did you not read the Dallas quote? You know, the one where he say's that DFree plays through injuries when the doctors recommend that he probably shouldn't.......

    Whether your injured by an accident or because your body gave way doesn't matter. You're still injured.


    He's had more than two major injuries. His ankle, his quad, and his shoulder. All of those have been major injuries during his tenure.

    So right there is 3 major injuries in 9 seasons, or 33% of the time. How often do you need to have major injuries in order to fit the description?

    40%? 50%? 60%?

    I would like to know how many injuries need to occur, before one can be given the label. Is there a standard?

  17. #92
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you not read the Dallas quote? You know, the one where he say's that DFree plays through injuries when the doctors recommend that he probably shouldn't.......

    Whether your injured by an accident or because your body gave way doesn't matter. You're still injured.


    He's had more than two major injuries. His ankle, his quad, and his shoulder. All of those have been major injuries during his tenure.

    So right there is 3 major injuries in 9 seasons, or 33% of the time. How often do you need to have major injuries in order to fit the description?

    40%? 50%? 60%?

    I would like to know how many injuries need to occur, before one can be given the label. Is there a standard?

    So 3 injuries in 9 years means that he's injured 33% of the time? That's faulty logic if I've ever seen it. Manning had a neck surgery before last season and played on a bum knee for the beginning of 08 (it affected him in 07 too) So does that mean Manning has been injured for like 21% of the time he's played here? Hardly.

    No one ever said that being injured in an accident isn't an injury. Clearly it is. The point is that you stated he was injury prone and then used links talking about the 07 injury to apparently (at least I took it that way) back your point up. The 2007 injury cannot be used to make the inference that he is injury prone. Clearly it was a bad injury, but it's not an injury caused by being injury prone. Freeney has been doing that spin move for 9 years and only once has someone stepped on his foot and jacked his foot up. Clearly it was a freak accident.

    Again, he has basically been completely healthy in 7 of his 9 seasons here. That is a good record. If that's an "injury prone" DE then I'll take it. What's a non injury-prone DE then? A guy who plays as aggressive as Freeney yet somehow goes a decade without ever getting hurt? Can you show me that player, because I don't think he exists.

    Show me where Freeney was substantially hurt in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010.

    You can call it whatever you want. Call it injury-prone if that's what floats your boat. Regardless of what you call it, the fact is he has been healthy in 7 of 9 seasons here.

  18. #93
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    I picked the wrong wording. I didn't mean he was injured 33% of the time. I'm struggling with the wording but basically he fights serious injuries once out of every 3 seasons, while still dealing with the normal wear and tear of the NFL.


    And he's not been completely healthy in 7 seasons. He was injured throughout 2006 and 2007, which is why his sack totals were so low. 9 sacks combined for those two years are lower than any other ONE season of sack totals.

    He's always fighting injuries. I mean I've already mentioned three major ones, in his ankle, shoulder, and quad.

    Those are ones that were serious, and not just the ticky-tacky everyone has pain injuries.

    And that was the point behind Dallas' quote. If Freeney would be like a "normal" player and miss time when a "normal" player would, he would have missed more time than he did. But he's not "normal" in that he plays through those injuries. Just because he actually played, doesn't suddenly make him healthy. It means he played injured. Which means he was injured.


    And once again, it doesn't matter if it was a freak accident. Shaun Livingston's knee injury was also a freak accident. The results are the same.

    I'm not calling him weak, or attacking the way he takes care of his body. Like I've already said, I have the utmost amount of respect for him being able to play through the injuries he does.

    But at the same time, we also discussed if an injured Freeney is better than a healthy backup for the SB game.

    If you don't personally want to call him injury prone, then fine. But the overall point still remains.

    A defense with it's two best players being healthy is a lot better than a defense with its two best players injured, whether they play through those injuries or not.

    True or false?
    Last edited by Since86; 09-08-2011 at 12:08 PM.

  19. #94
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Here's an article from 2005 talking about how he'll miss time from offseason surgery. Surgery he needed to fix his shoulder problem that he played through during the 2004 season.

    So we can tack on 2004, to go along with 2006, 2007, and the postseason of 2009.

    Indianapolis Colts All-Pro defensive end Dwight Freeney was unable to pass the team's physical while attempting to recover from off-season surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder. The NFL's sack leader in 2004, Freeney was one of six Colts placed on the team's physically unable to perform list. It was especially impressive that he was able to lead the league in sacks, considering the fact that his shoulder was injured for much of last season.
    http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/colts/861

    And I'm not even digging all that hard.

  20. #95
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I picked the wrong wording. I didn't mean he was injured 33% of the time. I'm struggling with the wording but basically he fights serious injuries once out of every 3 seasons, while still dealing with the normal wear and tear of the NFL.


    And he's not been completely healthy in 7 seasons. He was injured throughout 2006 and 2007, which is why his sack totals were so low. 9 sacks combined for those two years are lower than any other ONE season of sack totals.

    He's always fighting injuries. I mean I've already mentioned three major ones, in his ankle, shoulder, and quad.

    Those are ones that were serious, and not just the ticky-tacky everyone has pain injuries.



    And once again, it doesn't matter if it was a freak accident. Shaun Livingston's knee injury was also a freak accident. The results are the same.

    I'm not calling him weak, or attacking the way he takes care of his body. Like I've already said, I have the utmost amount of respect for him being able to play through the injuries he does.

    But at the same time, we also discussed if an injured Freeney is better than a healthy backup for the SB game.

    If you don't personally want to call him injury prone, then fine. But the overall point still remains.

    A defense with it's two best players being healthy is a lot better than a defense with its two best players injured, whether they play through those injuries or not.

    True or false?



    Oh I would never argue that the injuries didn't have a substantial effect. The only thing that sent me in my rant was when you said to find a high impact player that is more injury prone than Freeney. I probably focused too much on your wording and we are probaly just splitting hairs at this point.

    Believe me, I constantly think about how Freeney was injured in the SB and how things could have worked out differently had he been healthy. Would have loved to see a healthy Freeney chasing after Brees. It's a shame. But at the same time, we still could have won the game.

    I've said it before and it's especially true in light of recent news: That Saints loss just stings more and more as time goes on. Honestly, I think it's the worst loss of the Manning era. The Steelers one was brutal but we at least came back and won it all the next year.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #96

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the Colts defense better, worse, or equal when Bob Sanders is on the field compared to when he's not on the field?
    That depends on Bob. Early in his career I would say yes later in his career I would say no. Being named DPOY means nothing if you don't show up in the playoffs and there are times when he showed up big time and others when he wasn't even noticed see Chargers in 07. Bethea out played in that game him and now I think our 2 safeties are better than what we had in 05. Bob was a better run stopper but like I said if you need to rely on safety to stop the run consistently then your screwed.

    Injuries take a toll on any roster but that doesn't mean thats an excuse for falling flat in the playoffs on more than one occasion and more importantly that doesn't change the fact that Polain has had enough time to make this team better in the run and run defense despite those injuries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I did read the link, and I also read his bio from the hawkeyes athletic website. He wasn't injured his freshman year. He left ONE game early with a concussion his soph. year, and didn't miss any other time. He missed three games due to surgery his jr. year. That's it.
    Here is the link to the IOWA EDU site. http://www.uiowa.edu/homepage/sports/index.html

    The first link is the Iowa official sports which is where the link I posted comes from...
    ITs his official Bio..... Not saying but I think its obvious to me now.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-08-2011 at 01:30 PM.

  23. #97
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Do you know which way is even up? You've got to be dizzy as hell after all that spinning.

    If you can't even admit that the Colts are better off with a healthy Bob, than an injured Bob, then this discussion is pointless.

  24. #98

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know which way is even up? You've got to be dizzy as hell after all that spinning.

    If you can't even admit that the Colts are better off with a healthy Bob, than an injured Bob, then this discussion is pointless.
    When was Bob trully healthy? Your just mad because I caught you in a lie. Unless you can magically come up with a EDU site showing that he missed 3 games his junior year then I'll retract my statement.

    Polain drafted an injury prone safety then he made that injury prone safety the highest paid safety in the league. Ya.. I am done here.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.

  25. #99
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Everyone gets that the Colts were better with Sanders. But Sanders was never going to be healthy for the long term. There is no sense on dwelling on something that was never going to happen. We're in our 4th year since Sanders was last healthy. We got to a Super Bowl without him. He was important, but he wasn't make or break. Like I said, we went one and done in 2 out of the 3 playoff years Sanders was healthy. I'm not saying that as an indictment against Sanders or anything. I'm just stating a fact. Sanders helped, but let's not like we were unbeatable when he played. The Steelers and Chargers debacles at home took place with a healthy Sanders out there.

    Sanders was a tiny injury-prone dude who played like a one man wrecking crew. He simply was never going to have a long productive career. On one hand, we are fortunate that we got as much out of him as we did. It's not like he was destined to have some healthy 10 year career. It just wasn't going to happen. And it's not like he was healthy and then suffered some tragic injury that ruined his career, leaving us to say "what-if" for eternity. No, he was an injury prone player who laid his body on the line all the time and simply was never going to have a long and healthy career. It's who he was.

    I'll argue that we've had an easier time replacing Sanders than we have replacing Tarik Glenn.

    If he wanted to be healthy then he couldn't play like Bob Sanders. Damned if you, damned if you don't.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-08-2011 at 07:24 PM.

  26. #100
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When was Bob trully healthy? Your just mad because I caught you in a lie. Unless you can magically come up with a EDU site showing that he missed 3 games his junior year then I'll retract my statement.

    Polain drafted an injury prone safety then he made that injury prone safety the highest paid safety in the league. Ya.. I am done here.
    Caught me in a lie? Are we having the same conversation?

    I asked you for your opinion to start off with.

    Secondly, I'm not the one who's tried saying Freeney has only had one major injury. You've been saying that. Even after you admitted he had a major injury in 2006/2007 when his sack totals were down. And then I've provided mutliple sources talking about how Freeney has played through injuries in 2004, which required surgery and made him miss the beginning of the 2005 season.

    And then there is his SB injury. And his shoulder injury.

    So who is "lying" about Freeney's injury history?

    You've also tried claiming that Bob was hurt multiple times throughout his career at Iowa. He missed the end of one game his soph. season from a concussion, and he missed 3 games his jr. year due to injury. That's it.

    So you've also lied about Bob's injury history.



    So if you want to start keeping score, we can start keeping score.

    EDIT: I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. It won't be the first time, and it won't be the last. But to claim that I'm lying is absurd.
    Last edited by Since86; 09-08-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts sign Tommie Harris
    By Sandman21 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. Tbird 2011 NBA draft analysis #9: Tobias Harris
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM
  3. Tommie Harris likely to Colts after lockout ends
    By Psyren in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  4. Why the Colts can reach the Super Bowl
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
  5. Could someone with an Insider subscription get.....
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •