Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Tommie Harris cut by Colts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tommie-harris/

I though he looked good for you guys in the preseason but his best days are clearly behind him due to his knee. He is done like I said in the thread when you guys brought him in sad his career had to end like this he was a hell of a player back in the day.

rumor is he was cut for not practicing which was the same reason the Bears didnt play him much last season. His knee was so bad for us he hardly ever practiced last year but still excepted to start that is why we cut him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 09-03-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

damn....i was 100% sure he would make it. He played well against Green Bay getting a sack and tipping a pass. oh well whatever
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Ahhhhh, it's always fun to watch our front office prove their incompetency year after year.

Good times, good times...

Now we've cut Matthews, Harris, and Ogbu leaving us with just Nevis, Mookie, and (Gag) Fili Moala.

However, with our front office apparently being geniuses, there must be some fantastic DT depth on our team that I just don't see...

EDIT: From Paul Kuharsky

Surprise moves: Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive linemen and the team didn’t like the attitude. Defensive end John Chick had solid games, but couldn’t get past Jerry Hughes. Undrafted rookie tight end Mike McNeill made it as did four others who were not April selections: running backs Darren Evans and Chad Spann, linebackerAdrian Moten and safety Joe Lefeged.

What’s next: They’ve got only four defensive tackles in Fili Moala, Antonio Johnson, Eric Foster and Drake Nevis. It could be a spot where they look to add or updrade on Foster. Offensive linemen Mike Pollak and Jamey Richard will have to prove they deserved to stick ahead of Kyle DeVan.

Sounds like the reason he got cut
    Last edited by Psyren; 09-03-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Yeah, the front office that's been in the playoffs 9 straight years is incompetent as all hell.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

And only won 1 SB to show for it. One would think they'd have accomplished more with 9 straight playoff trips.

I also thought Tommie Harris would stick and disappointed to hear this but I shouldn't be surprised this team seems rather cursed at the DT position.

I think Colts fans get spoiled with 9 straight trips. I'm happy we even got one.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the front office that's been in the playoffs 9 straight years is incompetent as all hell.
    The front office that's had Peyton Manning and has had the fortune of never having seen him miss a game.

Yea, go ahead and tell me how awesome our defense has been over those years.

We have Peyton Manning. Not a good FO.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

I still can't believe that people ***** about winning "only one championship" on a freakin' Pacers board.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

People always have the choice to be a fan of another team.

Bengals are sort of close.

St.Louis ??

Detroit ??

Cleveland ??

You have plenty of options and with those teams, you'll REALLY have things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post

St.Louis ??

Detroit ??

Cleveland ??

You have plenty of options and with those teams, you'll REALLY have things to complain about.
    So wait.

Let me get this straight. Because I am a fan, I'm not entitled to say what I so choose?

If you don't like it, you can simply choose to ignore it. You're more than welcome to.

But because I choose to complain, you're going to tell me I'm not entitled to complain, and that I should go cheer for another team?

I was unaware I had to have certain credentials to complain.

My sincerest apologies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Our management is so over-rated. The only reason Donald Brown and Jerry Hughes are still on the team is because of Polian's ego. He doesn't want to admit he has struck out far more than he has hit home runs for a long time now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    blah ............ blah ............ blah ........
    Relax.

You say what you want.

I say what I want.

No need to get your panties in a bunch over any of it.

A bit edgy - aren't you ??

Mood

Ahhhhh, it's always fun to watch our front office prove their incompetency year after year.

Good times, good times...

Now we've cut Matthews, Harris, and Ogbu leaving us with just Nevis, Mookie, and (Gag) Fili Moala.

However, with our front office apparently being geniuses, there must be some fantastic DT depth on our team that I just don't see...

EDIT: From Paul Kuharsky

Surprise moves: Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the teamís top defensive linemen and the team didnít like the attitude. Defensive end John Chick had solid games, but couldnít get past Jerry Hughes. Undrafted rookie tight end Mike McNeill made it as did four others who were not April selections: running backs Darren Evans and Chad Spann, linebackerAdrian Moten and safety Joe Lefeged.

Whatís next: Theyíve got only four defensive tackles in Fili Moala, Antonio Johnson, Eric Foster and Drake Nevis. It could be a spot where they look to add or updrade on Foster. Offensive linemen Mike Pollak and Jamey Richard will have to prove they deserved to stick ahead of Kyle DeVan.

Sounds like the reason he got cut

I told you that would happen that is why Tommie got cut last year. He was treated as a role player and he still thought he was a star. He still would be a star if his knee was right. I said Tommie wants to be a 3 down warrior and it looks like he didn't get humbled and doesn't want to change and still play in the league.

Mood

The front office that's had Peyton Manning and has had the fortune of never having seen him miss a game.

Yea, go ahead and tell me how awesome our defense has been over those years.

We have Peyton Manning. Not a good FO.

They took Peyton over Leaf so they cant be that incompetent.s

Moala is not good. Foster is a back-up at best on a good D line. AJ = mediocre. Nevis has upside, but is inexperienced. Essentially, we've got four DTs, none of which would start on a good D-line. What's this they're saying about us looking for a trade?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

If the Painter hanging on this isn't bull-headed egotism, I don't know what its. He was clearly less effective than Orlovsky.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

23. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So let me get this straight, the guy had an attitude that he was entitled to something he wasn't, was unable to practice and only play a handful of downs ....

And the front office is stupid for cutting him? Uh, sure.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.

I'm not thrilled with our front office recently. We have made terrible draft picks for the last 4 or 5 years, and that's catching up with us. Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, Gonzalez, Jackson...misses. Outside of receivers (and one could argue they are only hits because of Peyton), when is the last time our front office killed it with a draft pick?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.

I'm not thrilled with our front office recently. We have made terrible draft picks for the last 4 or 5 years, and that's catching up with us. Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, Gonzalez, Jackson...misses. Outside of receivers (and one could argue they are only hits because of Peyton), when is the last time our front office killed it with a draft pick?
    Powers in the 3rd, Bethea in the 6th, trading a 6th (I think) for Tryon, Kavell Conner in the 6th will be at least as good as Cato June, Collie in the 4th, until he gets another concussion and retires and we apply the Gonzo logic, Garcon, frustrating as he is, in the 6th. These aren't picks in the mid-late rounds that ''incompetent" front offices make. We aren't the Pats and don't have a single player from a draft class on the roster 3 years later. Hughes is still far too early to tell, Brown seems to be a legitimate bust and I didn't like the pick on draft night, Ugoh's clearly a bust, Gonzalez is a very good WR just gets hurt. He never got hurt in school, no chronic injury history. Them's the breaks, football's a somewhat physical game. Marlin Jackson was about the furthest thing from a bust.

In no way at all am I saying Polian & Co have been infallible in the last 3 or so years, far from it. Just that this seeming black/white two camp argument of either the Colts front office is run by kindergarteners and if you disagree you're a Polian apologist is beyond ridiculous. Calling the Colts front office anything close to incompetent is, forgive the harshness, but frankly downright stupid. Fire Bill Polian tomorrow, watch how quick about 24 or so teams fire their personnel and hire him.

Also, that "just one" championship, we won that almost in spite of Peyton. He did not have a good playoff run.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 09-04-2011 at 02:22 AM.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Like I said Polian has struck out far more than he's hit lately.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The counter argument would be that Peyton's dad was supposedly pretty damn good, and how many playoffs did he make?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

St.Louis ??

Detroit ??

Cleveland ??

Two of those teams you are slanting are likely playoff teams that will be the cream of the NFL in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    ............ likely ................ in a few years
    When they make the playoffs 9 years in a row, then we'll talk about them.

'till then, hope is a good thing for their fans.

When they make the playoffs 9 years in a row, then we'll talk about them.

'till then, hope is a good thing for their fans.
    I am just saying you made it sound like the rams and lions were lacking any sort of hope or future.

Banned

Who Cares. Several more players will be cut as well this season. Lets look forward to game 1. Run D was garbage last season do we see a repeat ? Foster Hammy does a back up make a big name against the Colts (AGAIN)

Peyton will he be sharp?

There are a lot more important things to worry about then a dude who was going to play 160 @ most this season!!!