Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 106

Thread: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tommie-harris/

    I though he looked good for you guys in the preseason but his best days are clearly behind him due to his knee. He is done like I said in the thread when you guys brought him in sad his career had to end like this he was a hell of a player back in the day.


    rumor is he was cut for not practicing which was the same reason the Bears didnt play him much last season. His knee was so bad for us he hardly ever practiced last year but still excepted to start that is why we cut him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 09-03-2011 at 03:22 PM.

  2. #2
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    damn....i was 100% sure he would make it. He played well against Green Bay getting a sack and tipping a pass. oh well whatever
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  3. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Ahhhhh, it's always fun to watch our front office prove their incompetency year after year.

    Good times, good times...

    Now we've cut Matthews, Harris, and Ogbu leaving us with just Nevis, Mookie, and (Gag) Fili Moala.

    However, with our front office apparently being geniuses, there must be some fantastic DT depth on our team that I just don't see...


    EDIT: From Paul Kuharsky


    Surprise moves: Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the team’s top defensive linemen and the team didn’t like the attitude. Defensive end John Chick had solid games, but couldn’t get past Jerry Hughes. Undrafted rookie tight end Mike McNeill made it as did four others who were not April selections: running backs Darren Evans and Chad Spann, linebackerAdrian Moten and safety Joe Lefeged.

    What’s next: They’ve got only four defensive tackles in Fili Moala, Antonio Johnson, Eric Foster and Drake Nevis. It could be a spot where they look to add or updrade on Foster. Offensive linemen Mike Pollak and Jamey Richard will have to prove they deserved to stick ahead of Kyle DeVan.




    Sounds like the reason he got cut
    Last edited by Psyren; 09-03-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahhhhh, it's always fun to watch our front office prove their incompetency year after year.

    Good times, good times...

    Now we've cut Matthews, Harris, and Ogbu leaving us with just Nevis, Mookie, and (Gag) Fili Moala.

    However, with our front office apparently being geniuses, there must be some fantastic DT depth on our team that I just don't see...


    EDIT: From Paul Kuharsky


    Surprise moves: Tommie Harris seemed to play well enough to stick, but the former first-round defensive tackle apparently wanted to be treated like the teamís top defensive linemen and the team didnít like the attitude. Defensive end John Chick had solid games, but couldnít get past Jerry Hughes. Undrafted rookie tight end Mike McNeill made it as did four others who were not April selections: running backs Darren Evans and Chad Spann, linebackerAdrian Moten and safety Joe Lefeged.

    Whatís next: Theyíve got only four defensive tackles in Fili Moala, Antonio Johnson, Eric Foster and Drake Nevis. It could be a spot where they look to add or updrade on Foster. Offensive linemen Mike Pollak and Jamey Richard will have to prove they deserved to stick ahead of Kyle DeVan.




    Sounds like the reason he got cut

    I told you that would happen that is why Tommie got cut last year. He was treated as a role player and he still thought he was a star. He still would be a star if his knee was right. I said Tommie wants to be a 3 down warrior and it looks like he didn't get humbled and doesn't want to change and still play in the league.

  5. #5
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,329

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Yeah, the front office that's been in the playoffs 9 straight years is incompetent as all hell.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the front office that's been in the playoffs 9 straight years is incompetent as all hell.
    The front office that's had Peyton Manning and has had the fortune of never having seen him miss a game.

    Yea, go ahead and tell me how awesome our defense has been over those years.

    We have Peyton Manning. Not a good FO.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The front office that's had Peyton Manning and has had the fortune of never having seen him miss a game.

    Yea, go ahead and tell me how awesome our defense has been over those years.

    We have Peyton Manning. Not a good FO.

    They took Peyton over Leaf so they cant be that incompetent.s

  10. #8
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, the front office that's been in the playoffs 9 straight years is incompetent as all hell.
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.

    I'm not thrilled with our front office recently. We have made terrible draft picks for the last 4 or 5 years, and that's catching up with us. Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, Gonzalez, Jackson...misses. Outside of receivers (and one could argue they are only hits because of Peyton), when is the last time our front office killed it with a draft pick?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,329

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.

    I'm not thrilled with our front office recently. We have made terrible draft picks for the last 4 or 5 years, and that's catching up with us. Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, Gonzalez, Jackson...misses. Outside of receivers (and one could argue they are only hits because of Peyton), when is the last time our front office killed it with a draft pick?
    Powers in the 3rd, Bethea in the 6th, trading a 6th (I think) for Tryon, Kavell Conner in the 6th will be at least as good as Cato June, Collie in the 4th, until he gets another concussion and retires and we apply the Gonzo logic, Garcon, frustrating as he is, in the 6th. These aren't picks in the mid-late rounds that ''incompetent" front offices make. We aren't the Pats and don't have a single player from a draft class on the roster 3 years later. Hughes is still far too early to tell, Brown seems to be a legitimate bust and I didn't like the pick on draft night, Ugoh's clearly a bust, Gonzalez is a very good WR just gets hurt. He never got hurt in school, no chronic injury history. Them's the breaks, football's a somewhat physical game. Marlin Jackson was about the furthest thing from a bust.

    In no way at all am I saying Polian & Co have been infallible in the last 3 or so years, far from it. Just that this seeming black/white two camp argument of either the Colts front office is run by kindergarteners and if you disagree you're a Polian apologist is beyond ridiculous. Calling the Colts front office anything close to incompetent is, forgive the harshness, but frankly downright stupid. Fire Bill Polian tomorrow, watch how quick about 24 or so teams fire their personnel and hire him.

    Also, that "just one" championship, we won that almost in spite of Peyton. He did not have a good playoff run.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 09-04-2011 at 02:22 AM.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Powers in the 3rd, Bethea in the 6th, trading a 6th (I think) for Tryon, Kavell Conner in the 6th will be at least as good as Cato June, Collie in the 4th, until he gets another concussion and retires and we apply the Gonzo logic, Garcon, frustrating as he is, in the 6th. These aren't picks in the mid-late rounds that ''incompetent" front offices make. We aren't the Pats and don't have a single player from a draft class on the roster 3 years later. Hughes is still far too early to tell, Brown seems to be a legitimate bust and I didn't like the pick on draft night, Ugoh's clearly a bust, Gonzalez is a very good WR just gets hurt. He never got hurt in school, no chronic injury history. Them's the breaks, football's a somewhat physical game. Marlin Jackson was about the furthest thing from a bust.

    In no way at all am I saying Polian & Co have been infallible in the last 3 or so years, far from it. Just that this seeming black/white two camp argument of either the Colts front office is run by kindergarteners and if you disagree you're a Polian apologist is beyond ridiculous. Calling the Colts front office anything close to incompetent is, forgive the harshness, but frankly downright stupid. Fire Bill Polian tomorrow, watch how quick about 24 or so teams fire their personnel and hire him.

    Also, that "just one" championship, we won that almost in spite of Peyton. He did not have a good playoff run.
    I said I agreed with you in general. I don't think our front office is incompetent, or even close to it. I do think they have made some mistakes in recent years with high draft picks that is catching up with us now though.

  15. #11

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We aren't the Pats and don't have a single player from a draft class on the roster 3 years later.
    The Patriots have made 40 draft picks in the last 4 years, and in that time they have replaced 46 of 53 players from a roster that went 18-1 (retained: Brady, Light, Mankins, Koppen, Gostkowski, Welker, Wilfork).

    They have at least 2 players remaining from each of the last 4 draft classes.

    I am assuming you are referring to the 2007 draft, rated by some as the weakest draft of the decade, a draft in which the Pats essentially traded out of, trading 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks for Welker and Moss, traded other picks for future picks, and used the #1 pick for Meriweather. Granted, they didn't get a lot directly out of that draft, but they used those assets to get multi-year pro bowl production from Moss, Welker, and Meriweather as well as some trading chips that let them replace 10 of 11 starters on defense and 6 of 11 starters on offense.

    Belichick also makes roster decisions without regard to pedigree. If an undrafted rookie free agent (say, Jeff Tarpinian) is more productive in camp than a 5 year vet and former 1st round draft pick coming off two straight pro bowl appearances (Meriweather), then the rookie free agent is kept. I don't think you would say the same thing for most team architects, who let sunken costs, their own rampant egos, and a desire to avoid criticism with respect to their draft selections cloud the cut-down decision process.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 09-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.

  16. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.
    The counter argument would be that Peyton's dad was supposedly pretty damn good, and how many playoffs did he make?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  17. #13
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The counter argument would be that Peyton's dad was supposedly pretty damn good, and how many playoffs did he make?
    He wasn't anywhere near Peyton's level.

  18. #14

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just playing devil's advocate (in general, I agree with you), but any team could make 9 straight playoffs with Peyton at the helm. He's that good.

    I'm not thrilled with our front office recently. We have made terrible draft picks for the last 4 or 5 years, and that's catching up with us. Hughes, Brown, Ugoh, Gonzalez, Jackson...misses. Outside of receivers (and one could argue they are only hits because of Peyton), when is the last time our front office killed it with a draft pick?
    Well, sanders was a hell of a pick too. He was All Pro for a two year period. Freeney, obviously.

    But I agree. Jerry Hughes was a stupid pick when they should of gone O-line.

  19. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, sanders was a hell of a pick too. He was All Pro for a two year period. Freeney, obviously.

    But I agree. Jerry Hughes was a stupid pick when they should of gone O-line.
    hughes was not a joke in college

    he was a great player

    he has yet to pan out I hope he does but if not I am pissed

  20. #16

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    And only won 1 SB to show for it. One would think they'd have accomplished more with 9 straight playoff trips.

    I also thought Tommie Harris would stick and disappointed to hear this but I shouldn't be surprised this team seems rather cursed at the DT position.

  21. #17

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    I think Colts fans get spoiled with 9 straight trips. I'm happy we even got one.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    I still can't believe that people ***** about winning "only one championship" on a freakin' Pacers board.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  25. #19

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    People always have the choice to be a fan of another team.

    Bengals are sort of close.

    St.Louis ??

    Detroit ??

    Cleveland ??

    You have plenty of options and with those teams, you'll REALLY have things to complain about.

  26. #20
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People always have the choice to be a fan of another team.

    Bengals are sort of close.

    St.Louis ??

    Detroit ??

    Cleveland ??

    You have plenty of options and with those teams, you'll REALLY have things to complain about.
    So wait.

    Let me get this straight. Because I am a fan, I'm not entitled to say what I so choose?

    If you don't like it, you can simply choose to ignore it. You're more than welcome to.

    But because I choose to complain, you're going to tell me I'm not entitled to complain, and that I should go cheer for another team?

    I was unaware I had to have certain credentials to complain.

    My sincerest apologies.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  28. #21

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    blah ............ blah ............ blah ........
    Relax.

    You say what you want.

    I say what I want.

    No need to get your panties in a bunch over any of it.

    A bit edgy - aren't you ??

  29. #22

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still can't believe that people ***** about winning "only one championship" on a freakin' Pacers board.
    You think the Bull fans would whine about winning one championship with Jordan because thats basically the type of talent Manning has IMO.

    Manning is the best in his generation and yes he has won one and he could go on to win more but to say we have surrounded him core players that win football games in the playoffs is just wrong. Run the ball and stop the run is the most basic of all football principles and we haven't been able to surround him with core players that do just that.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  31. #23
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think the Bull fans would whine about winning one championship with Jordan because thats basically the type of talent Manning has IMO.

    Manning is the best in his generation and yes he has won one and he could go on to win more but to say we have surrounded him core players that win football games in the playoffs is just wrong. Run the ball and stop the run is the most basic of all football principles and we haven't been able to surround him with core players that do just that.
    Peyton Manning doesn't play defense, thank God.

    Football you're one of 22 starters, and there's special teams as well. In basketball you're one of 5 starters, and you play both sides of the ball. Any NBA player has 10 times the impact on a game than any player possibly could in football, even the QB.

    That's an asinine comparison. Completely unrelated.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  33. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning doesn't play defense, thank God.

    Football you're one of 22 starters, and there's special teams as well. In basketball you're one of 5 starters, and you play both sides of the ball. Any NBA player has 10 times the impact on a game than any player possibly could in football, even the QB.

    That's an asinine comparison. Completely unrelated.
    ya Jordan was the best offensive player and one of the best defensive players in the NBA. It is much easier to compete with a star in the NBA than the NFL. Much easier to build a team in the NBA than the NFL.

  34. #25

    Default Re: Tommie Harris cut by Colts

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning doesn't play defense, thank God.

    Football you're one of 22 starters, and there's special teams as well. In basketball you're one of 5 starters, and you play both sides of the ball. Any NBA player has 10 times the impact on a game than any player possibly could in football, even the QB.

    That's an asinine comparison. Completely unrelated.
    You must have been swimming in alcohol in utero. Read the post of Kegboy and get those narrow eyes checked.

    Everyone knows basketball fans complaints with not building a more solid team around Manning and how this has lead to fewer championships and I personally don't see a problem with pointing out the obvious. One championship with the best quarterback in the league is weak especially considering the GM the Colts have.

    JOrdan still needed players around him and thats the point your ignoring.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 09-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Colts sign Tommie Harris
    By Sandman21 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. Tbird 2011 NBA draft analysis #9: Tobias Harris
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM
  3. Tommie Harris likely to Colts after lockout ends
    By Psyren in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
  4. Why the Colts can reach the Super Bowl
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:22 PM
  5. Could someone with an Insider subscription get.....
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •