Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

  1. #26
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't like it don't watch it, you know?
    Why would I buy it if I'm just going to turn it off? Wouldn't I just not buy it?

  2. #27
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If only this were what was going on.

    While some remakes make me roll my eyes, and I feel like at least some of them are just poor cash grabs, I don't really get too bothered by them, and I even like many of them.

    A few cases in point, the Nightmare remake wasn't that bad IMO, the trailer for the new version of "The Thing" looks decent to me, and while I like the Tim Burton Batman movies, I've enjoyed the Christopher Nolan ones even more.

    But here there are two problems here:

    First, these aren't remakes. I wish he would remake them instead of what he's doing. Rather than remake them, he keep screwing with them, and I'd be cool with that if I actually liked the changes, but I don't, so it keeps getting worse for me.

    Second, and equally important: I don't have a great alternative. I can go buy Batman '89 on Blu-ray, or I can buy Batman Begins or The Dark Knight on blu-ray. What about Star Wars? It's these latest revisionist editions, or... those poor quality laserdisc ports they threw in with the last batch of DVDs that were released years ago that don't even come close to matching what they've done with this new set in terms of picture and sound. Lovely.

    If he's going to revise the movies, then he's going to revise the movies; so be it. But please give me the 1995 versions with the same high-quality picture and sound, please. I'll just go watch those instead. If only I could.
    Sorry, I didn't know he was going to build further into the series. Now that, is a different case. We can fix this by just getting for the Gears of War trilogy : ). I agree a certain series needs to come to a halt. Nightmare On Elm Street, as I said, is my favorite film set. But I disagree with a lot of it. Personally it should have went:

    ------
    Nightmare On Elm Street
    Nightmare On Elm Street: Dream Warriors
    A New Nightmare
    ------
    A Nightmare On Elm Street: Freddy's Revenge ( Good in it's own way, but veered away from Wes's original concept.)

    A Nightmare On Elm Street #4 and #5. ( Just, no. )

    The Final Nightmare: Freddy's Dead ( Was a fun film, especially the last 10 minutes due to the 3-D, but it was more a slap slasher film.)
    ------

    I'm veering away from our conversation here. I can understand people being upset with a series being added to after so long, but, some good could come from more films. Also, so can alot of bad. So I have mixed feelings about this.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  3. #28
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think this is typical Kevin Smith comedy, though. I listen to his podcasts a lot, and this is not what I tune in for nor is it what I usually get, either. After listening to this rant for a couple of minutes, I just turned it off.
    This is probably not the place for it, in fact I am certain it is not, but I don't feel like starting another thread so I'm just going to say it here.

    I have lost almost all respect for Kevin Smith & it has nothing to do with his latest rant.

    At one time I thought he was going to be something but the sad truth is he is a one trick pony and that trick is used up.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is probably not the place for it, in fact I am certain it is not, but I don't feel like starting another thread so I'm just going to say it here.

    I have lost almost all respect for Kevin Smith & it has nothing to do with his latest rant.

    At one time I thought he was going to be something but the sad truth is he is a one trick pony and that trick is used up.
    And so it begins...
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  6. #30
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would I buy it if I'm just going to turn it off? Wouldn't I just not buy it?
    Exactly.

  7. #31
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand people always hating on re-makes or whatever. People who were fans of the old ones, are always against making them again, or continuing. There's another generation out there to attract to whatever series is being re-formed.

    Why get upset, or be against it? And then the excuses: "I like the technology at the time, and how great it was portrayed with the limited special fx," or " You can't capture the same vibe and delivery as the old film, because before that, nothing had been done like it before." I get it, I really do. I'm a horror movie guy. I love the old films. My favorite is Nightmare On Elm Street. I remember seeing the random trailer for the remake in theaters. I didn't get pissed. My mouth dropped to the floor with shock. Because it looked so good. I had read about and seen stills up to that point, but it was the trailer that sold me. After I went and seen it, I loved it. I love the original more, due to Rob Englund, the 80's, and kill shots. But I also loved the re-make.

    I love star wars. Maybe not as much as you guys, but I'm all for a re-build, re-make, or whatever is in the works. When I have kids, I want them to see Star Wars, old, new, or both.
    I'm actually okay with most of the Lucas edits (mostly readded footage), but Greedo shooting first and Vader going emo in ROTJ is just WRONG on so many fronts!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  8. #32
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,962

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN

    What's wrong with you people, even Hitler's mad:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBP_U...layer_embedded

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  9. #33
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Hey Star Wars fans, guess what George Lucas did... AGAIN


Similar Threads

  1. What George means to future of Pacers
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 10:21 PM
  2. Ex-coach Lucas: Cavs tanked to draft LeBron
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. Remember those Piston fans you guys hated??
    By PistonsDynasty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 03:56 PM
  4. Article on Laker fans
    By Aw Heck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •