Thread: Schefter (Twitter): Vick and Eagles agree to 6 year, $100 mil deal

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Schefter (Twitter): Vick and Eagles agree to 6 year, $100 mil deal

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...23603988217856
    RT @adbrandt: Breaking: Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a six-year, $100 million contract.

Default Re: Schefter (Twitter): Vick and Eagles agree to 6 year, $100 mil deal

They're going to regret that soon
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I cant believe Fitz got a better contract than a top 3 QB and great runner. Fitz got way overpaid

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No doubt he is a great runner, but I have a hard time calling Vick a top 3 QB, esp since he has never stayed healthy for a full season.

Seems this contract is very similar to the one Fat Albert got from the Redskins, with 41M guaranteed. If he only shows up one game hell have a higher ROI then the Redskins got with Fat Albert.

A big commitment, I think they will regret this deal soon

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm fine with this deal. Dude is worth it. Now just gotta make sure the offensive line keeps him protected.

If there was one less year on this deal, I most definitely would love this...they had to wrap him up. Not worried about him this year, he will continue to sit in the pocket prolly and hit open receivers during the regular season.

What's funny/sad about this contract is How much of that contract is going straight to debt collectors.

I think I'd still rather have Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. He's Top 5, not Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'd still rather have Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady. He's Top 5, not Top 3.
    I concur..someone said yesterday he wasn't a top 10 qb. I laughed histerixally for two hours

Amazing how one year trumps 7 years of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Amazing how one year trumps 7 years of mediocrity.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    ?
    Last year was the first time ever that he had a QB rating over 90. (Im not couting 09-10 with his 13 pass attempts) His highest QB rating prior to last season was 81.6. And that was from his second year in the league.

He has 5 seasons with a QB rating in the 70s.

Is the previous 7 seasons the real Mike Vick or is last season the real Mike Vick? I'll wager to bet he's a lot closer to his statistical average, than he is to last years model.

Last year was the first time ever that he had a QB rating over 90. (Im not couting 09-10 with his 13 pass attempts) His highest QB rating prior to last season was 81.6. And that was from his second year in the league.

He has 5 seasons with a QB rating in the 70s.

Is the previous 7 seasons the real Mike Vick or is last season the real Mike Vick? I'll wager to bet he's a lot closer to his statistical average, than he is to last years model.
    If you watch tape on Vick from last season and compare it to when he was on the Falcons, you can see he is a different player. He plays quarterback now. He makes much better decisions, his mechanics and footwork are way better as well. Also his work ethic has improved drastically. He spent a whole season on the bench learning from Reid, McNabb, Mornhinweg and its obvious that he is not the same player he was years ago. The man had to adjust back to being in the NFL. Its not like he was playing in Atlanta, went to Philly as a back up and then took over. His time off forced him to strip his game down and actually learn the QB position because his athleticism wasn't what it used to be (he has regained most of it, but 2 season ago, no).

I bet he really stripped his game down, as he sat in a jail cell. I bet they gave him all the time in the world to study his mechanics and fine tune them.

Seriously? You're going to try and argue that point?

How about this. We wait for this season, and see what happens? That's all I'm saying.

Let's go talk to the former front office workers for the Cubs and see how smart it is to hand out contracts, based on one years performance and ignore the rest of their career.

Can Vick be a good QB? Obviously, I don't think you can have luck over a 17 week season. But at the same time, I'm not going to erase 7 years of production, because he had one good one.

Especially when said player is a mobile QB who's getting ready to start his downward trend phsically. No, I don't mean he's going to be unathletic this season. I'm saying the trend is just starting, or just about too.

Mood

I bet he really stripped his game down, as he sat in a jail cell. I bet they gave him all the time in the world to study his mechanics and fine tune them.

How about this. We wait for this season, and see what happens? That's all I'm saying.

Let's go talk to the former front office workers for the Cubs and see how smart it is to hand out contracts, based on one years performance and ignore the rest of their career.

Can Vick be a good QB? Obviously, I don't think you can have luck over a 17 week season. But at the same time, I'm not going to erase 7 years of production, because he had one good one.

Especially when said player is a mobile QB who's getting ready to start his downward trend phsically. No, I don't mean he's going to be unathletic this season. I'm saying the trend is just starting, or just about too.

Jim Henry is a moron he gets the opposite of good players. He has no concept of a good hitter the Cubs OBP has been terrible and Henry is to fault. Milton Bradley might of been the worst signing in the history of baseball Fukudome was terrible Marlon Byrd was way over paid the list goes on and on. Plus he gives everyone and there brother a no trade clause. Not to mention he neglects pitching Jim was a joke any guy who doesn't use advance stats (or even basic stats) in baseball to scout and get players is an idiot/end rant

I understand all that. Is that supposed to refute or confirm what I said about Vick's situation?

Yeah compare the Cubs FO to the Eagles, one of the best in the business. They don't just hand out contracts. Seriously dude, the Eagles FO has a great track record.

And no he didn't strip his game down in prison. I'm saying his game was stripped down when he first came to Philadelphia. He couldn't rely on his athleticism because he wasn't in football shape. He was forced to learn the QB position, rather than playing off of raw talent like he did in Atlanta. I'm not sure what other teams Vick could have gone to and succeeded the way he has so far and thats because of who has been surrounding him the whole time. Reid has a done an excellent job with QB's.

So the Eagles front office never messes up? Just because you have a great track record, doesn't mean you're immune from making a gaffe.

If you don't think the comparison works, then show me one other year that Vick has had where he produced similiar numbers. I'll patiently wait.

Vick in the last 3-4 games of the season last year and the playoffs was different than the Vick of the first 12-13 games of last season.

I would not put him above Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, or Roethlissberger on any team.

Depending on the offense I want to run, I might waver a little in having him over either Matt Ryan or Josh Freeman.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

So the Eagles front office never messes up? Just because you have a great track record, doesn't mean you're immune from making a gaffe.

If you don't think the comparison works, then show me one other year that Vick has had where he produced similiar numbers. I'll patiently wait.
    No, but I trust them quite a bit. They know what they are doing and they know more than anyone posting on a message board (myself included).

Delete