Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2436

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

No source but I heard today that they are letting Roth walk on next year. Apparently he has 1 last year of eligibility and hes going to IU for grad school. Doubt he plays much if @ all but IU gets one spot deeper with his lights out shooting.
    Last edited by CreekShow; 04-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No source but I heard today that they are letting Roth walk on next year. Apparently he has 1 last year of eligibility and hes going to IU for grad school. Doubt he plays much if @ all but IU gets one spot deeper with his lights out shooting.
    I know ISU was waiting to see what happened with him. With the incoming talent I doubt he started but I know we were interested...

Kenny Johnson was officially announced as the new Assistant Men's Basketball Coach today. He should open up that DC/Baltimore pipeline even more.

Anyone think it is a coincidence that Beejay Anya is coming to visit IU now?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff Rabjohns ‏ @JeffRabjohns
    Indiana and Kentucky will not play next season due to UK demanding off-campus sites, IU said today.

Kentucky might as well rename themselves the Chickens, because they sure seem to be afraid of Bloomington!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They're also afraid of us ending their home winning streak next year. Complete lack of respect for a great series.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Jeff Rabjohns ‏ @JeffRabjohns
    Indiana and Kentucky will not play next season due to UK demanding off-campus sites, IU said today.

Kentucky might as well rename themselves the Chickens, because they sure seem to be afraid of Bloomington!

While I agree that UK is being chickens by wanting it at neutral sites, why are we refusing to play it at Louisville and Indy? Regardless of where fans think it should be played, playing it on neutral sites is still better than not playing it at all.

Also UK wanted a yearly game in Indy for recruiting. I'm glad Crean stood on his principles.

Recruiting @sollozzo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also UK wanted a yearly game in Indy for recruiting. I'm glad Crean stood on his principles.

So we have the power to keep UK out of Indy? How does that work exactly? If Lucas Oil or Conseco agreed to let UK schedule a game there then why would it matter what we thought of it? Or am I just overlooking some rule that prohibits that?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-03-2012 at 03:00 PM.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/

That press release by IU is lame. So do students not have the capacity to make a 50 mile trip from Bloomington to Indy? More students could probably go the game in Lucas since the venue is so much bigger.

I completely understand why a large percentage of fans love playing the game on campus and I'm not trying to argue which is better. But playing the game on neutral sites is still infinitely better than not playing the game at all. We know for a fact that the Indianapolis-Louisville set up works because it was very lucrative and popular for a long long time. The fact that it worked in the past makes our case all the weaker.

The fans are the true losers here. Never did I think a day would come where we didn't play Kentucky in basketball.

EDIT: BTW, wasn't the reason it was played on a neutral court in the first place because of the fact that Knight didn't want to play at Rupp? Or am I wrong about that? If that was indeed the case, then Kentucky agreeing to move it to a neutral site back then makes us look even worse for not agreeing to do so now.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Or maybe the guy at the water cooler who started the rumor wasn't as sure as he seemed?
    HA! How is that for "water cooler" talk for you?

Sucks to see the rivalry end but it just goes to show you Calapari has ZERO class what so ever. Hed rather end the rivalry rather than lose to IU year after year from now on. Add one more reason I hate that entire program.
    I Bleed Blue

Sucks to see the rivalry end but it just goes to show you Calapari has ZERO class what so ever. Hed rather end the rivalry rather than lose to IU year after year from now on. Add one more reason I hate that entire program.
    I'm pretty sure that Calipari, fresh off of an NCAA title, isn't afraid to play anyone.

UK offered something that was more than reasonable: playing at neutral sites that worked well in the past. We are the ones who come out as looking bad here and are screwing the fans in the process.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya fresh off a ship with an entirely new team coming in too. What gives Kentucky the right to change it in the first place? He managed to get UNC off the schedule too. How do you explain that one? I see that as two probable losses Cal doesnt wanna deal with. I think Kentucky looks worse in this situation.
    I Bleed Blue

Ya fresh off a ship with an entirely new team coming in too. What gives Kentucky the right to change it in the first place? He managed to get UNC off the schedule too. How do you explain that one? I see that as two probable losses Cal doesnt wanna deal with. I think Kentucky looks worse in this situation.
    University of Kentucky Chicken***** .

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Calipari, fresh off of an NCAA title, isn't afraid to play anyone.
    He's obviously afraid to play IU in Bloomington, and I'm 99.9% sure it has to do with the atmosphere and not that Assembly Hall has bad rims.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

UK offered something that was more than reasonable: playing at neutral sites that worked well in the past. We are the ones who come out as looking bad here and are screwing the fans in the process.
    One of the neutral sites isn't even available anymore. Louisville has a contract with the Yum center or whatever it's called that gives them say in who plays there in the regular season. IU and UK would have to pay off UL a ton to even play there. Calipari wants an Indy game just to recruit Indy.

It's too bad it could not be worked out. maybe a four year cycle: neutral (Indy), then at UK, then neutral (maybe Cincy?), then at IU?

or just at Lucas Oil every year?

Better than not playing at all, even it if it gives the used car salesman in charge at UK a forum to try to entice Indy area kids to become non-students and opt for a year of semi-pro ball.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 05-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

If Kentucky wants to play at a neutral site, they are more than welcome to take THEIR home game of the series anywhere they want. IU wants to keep it a home and home, they can keep THEIR home game at AH.

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    One of the neutral sites isn't even available anymore. Louisville has a contract with the Yum center or whatever it's called that gives them say in who plays there in the regular season. IU and UK would have to pay off UL a ton to even play there. Calipari wants an Indy game just to recruit Indy.

It's too bad it could not be worked out. maybe a four year cycle: neutral (Indy), then at UK, then neutral (maybe Cincy?), then at IU?

or just at Lucas Oil every year?

Better than not playing at all, even it if it gives the used car salesman in charge at UK a forum to try to entice Indy area kids to become non-students and opt for a year of semi-pro ball.

If they couldn't play it at Yum! then they could play at Freedom Hall. UK still plays a game there every December. It seats more than AH and is no more outdated than AH is.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sometimes "water cooler" talk turns out to be correct.

This is insanely stupid. And neither IU or Kentucky is more to blame than the other. They're both incredibly foolish.

They've both taken their dicks out and the ruler shows they both lost.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Both sides are ****ing stupid. This really irritates me. Play the game in ****ing Anchorage for all I care, but at least play the ****ing game.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

While I would prefer a home-and-home, to outright cancel it is lame.

As a fan I will miss it.

On another level, though, I am fine with playing only teams comprised of student-athletes.

Yes, just don't schedule teams of semi-pros, there for a year, having stocked up on credit hours earned on the internet the summer before their arrival with "help" on those online "studies", who then have a cupcake lineup of fall classes that keeps them in good academic standing, even after they stop going to class for good in December.

If you have nothing to do with that type of semi-pro system, it at least sends a message that not everyone chooses to do things that way.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I will miss the game too, but I don't understand the reasoning that Kentucky's request of playing on a neutral site is reasonable, while IU's request to play home and home is unreasonable.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

If they couldn't play it at Yum! then they could play at Freedom Hall. UK still plays a game there every December. It seats more than AH and is no more outdated than AH is.
    Freedom Hall is a dump and no longer an acceptable venue. It would be like playing at the Pepsi Coliseum.

IU gains nothing by letting Kentucky play a game against them in the state of Indiana at a venue other than Assembly Hall. Calipari wants to play at Lucas Oil Stadium to showcase his program to recruits in the area. Why would IU want to be a part of that? Crean rightfully can sell recruits on the tremendous atmosphere in Assembly Hall and playing UK there every couple of years is a boon to his recruiting efforts.

Furthermore, Glass and Crean are looking out for their student fanbase and season ticket holders- the backbone of the program that supported the program in its leanest years. I applaud them for sticking to their principles.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 05-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.