Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2436

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

  1. #1976
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, saying all IU fans are not classy because of one dude on a message board is pretty shot sighted as well.
    I know it wasn't your point. But that was my response.

    I'm sure if Butler was given the choice between two FF's or to play in front of packed house, they'd pick the FF. So would IU. So would Duke. So would every program in the nation.

    It doesn't say anything about Butler. It say's everything about their fans. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

  2. #1977
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,826

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Hey, look I completely respect and pull for Butler and Purdue (as long as they aren't playing IU), and both those teams have great hoops tradition. But, it's hard to argue with IU's long-term history as a hoops powerhouse.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  3. #1978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, look I completely respect and pull for Butler and Purdue (as long as they aren't playing IU), and both those teams have great hoops tradition. But, it's hard to argue with IU's long-term history as a hoops powerhouse.
    How is that the subject? No need for a childish pissing contact...

  4. #1979
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,634

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is that the subject? No need for a childish pissing contact...
    How is it any different than any of the other arguments being brought up? Tradition and prestiege is HUGE in college... and you can't argue with what IU has set up for themselves because of their successful past.. that's why he put that in there. I'm not trying to downplay Butler, they are my second favorite team to root for, with that said, Back to back final fours is pretty cool... but if you look at all- round history... 5 championship banners is very nice. And they are building a team that could very well put up a 6th. Don't hang onto those back to back final fours like its the best thing that's ever happened. It was nice, and everyone here was probably rooting for Butler to win it all both years.. but you gotta come down to earth on this subject. IU is in a whole nother boat than Butler. And even tho I'm a big Hoosier fan, I'm not as biased as you would think. I have a lot of friends that go to Butler and am friends with an alumini football player that goes to every game and that I go to games with sometimes. I've been to more Butler games than IU games because of this.. so I'm definitely not a Butler hater, but I'm willing to back IU's supremacy over other teams like Butler anyday

  5. #1980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it any different than any of the other arguments being brought up? Tradition and prestiege is HUGE in college... and you can't argue with what IU has set up for themselves because of their successful past.. that's why he put that in there. I'm not trying to downplay Butler, they are my second favorite team to root for, with that said, Back to back final fours is pretty cool... but if you look at all- round history... 5 championship banners is very nice. And they are building a team that could very well put up a 6th. Don't hang onto those back to back final fours like its the best thing that's ever happened. It was nice, and everyone here was probably rooting for Butler to win it all both years.. but you gotta come down to earth on this subject. IU is in a whole nother boat than Butler. And even tho I'm a big Hoosier fan, I'm not as biased as you would think. I have a lot of friends that go to Butler and am friends with an alumini football player that goes to every game and that I go to games with sometimes. I've been to more Butler games than IU games because of this.. so I'm definitely not a Butler hater, but I'm willing to back IU's supremacy over other teams like Butler anyday
    Did I say it didn't matter? I said "how is the the subject?" because when people start these things all I hear is "my dad could beat up your dad"

  6. #1981
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Watford is coming back.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #1982
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Zeller back too! Helllllooooo number 1 ranking!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #1983
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Selfishly as a fan, I'm really glad Cody is coming back.

    I do hope that Crean told him he should enter the draft. Any player who is a first round lock should be advised to go. If he was advised to go and personally chose to stay, great.

    While I don't think it can help Cody hopefully it won't hurt him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  9. #1984
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Next year is gonna be unreal. Cant wait to dominate UK. IUBB!

    Buddy @ work just told me rumor has it Kentucky doesnt want to come to AH anymore bc of fear for their fans safety. Instead they want to play @ Rupp and then @ Louisville when its IUs turn to be @ home. They say its in the middle so therefor a nuetral site. Just goes to show how full of **** that University is. From the Administration, to the Coaches, players, and fans. They are ALL full of it. Apparently Indiana isnt OK with that and wants to drop Kentucky this year, and add Kansas. Hate to see this rivalry disappear, but Kentuckys conditions are completely BS and irrational. So be it if we cancel
    Last edited by CreekShow; 04-10-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    I Bleed Blue

  10. #1985

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    So how does IU handle the over-sign?

    Some options: Jurkin to prep school, Creek/Etherington/Abell pay their way.

  11. #1986
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how does IU handle the over-sign?

    Some options: Jurkin to prep school, Creek/Etherington/Abell pay their way.
    I'm sure they have a plan. I'm good with that.

    Now it begins. The target is on our back. Let's see how we respond.

  12. #1987
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    You cant take a scholarship away from Mo IMO. A healthy Mo Creek is the second best player on the team next to Zeller
    I Bleed Blue

  13. #1988
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You cant take a scholarship away from Mo IMO. A healthy Mo Creek is the second best player on the team next to Zeller
    They won't take his scholarship, but he is not the second best player on this team. If he were healthy and had been playing the past two years then maybe, but right now he's a total wildcard.

  14. #1989
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    472

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won't take his scholarship, but he is not the second best player on this team. If he were healthy and had been playing the past two years then maybe, but right now he's a total wildcard.
    If he was healthy the last 2 years hed be in the NBA by now. He was the best recruit out of that recruiting class.
    I Bleed Blue

  15. #1990
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    The sad reality about Mo is that his first injury was incredibly devastating. He will probably be used a lot like Matt Roth was this year.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #1991
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next year is gonna be unreal. Cant wait to dominate UK. IUBB!

    Buddy @ work just told me rumor has it Kentucky doesnt want to come to AH anymore bc of fear for their fans safety. Instead they want to play @ Rupp and then @ Louisville when its IUs turn to be @ home. They say its in the middle so therefor a nuetral site. Just goes to show how full of **** that University is. From the Administration, to the Coaches, players, and fans. They are ALL full of it. Apparently Indiana isnt OK with that and wants to drop Kentucky this year, and add Kansas. Hate to see this rivalry disappear, but Kentuckys conditions are completely BS and irrational. So be it if we cancel
    I believe it.

  17. #1992
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe it.
    What is that supposed to mean? Do you really expect to come in here and continue taking subtle jabs at our fan base and then you wonder when someone jumps all over you?

    Sorry, but I was at that IU-Kentucky game in Assembly Hall in December. Were you? Do you really know what it was like? Because let me tell you, it wasn't bad at all. I'm not saying there might not be a few bad eggs, but Kentucky fans made it out like they were getting jumped in the stair wells or something. I sat by some Kentucky fans, treated them very well, the only people who acted like ******** the whole game were them.

    I was at the IU at Illinois game in Champaign during Eric Gordon's one year at IU what I heard directed at me on that road trip was 10x worse than anything I heard anyone say to a single UK fan in Bloomington in December.

    Also, if they're "afraid" because of the court rushing incident, I'd like to start off by saying I don't think they need to worry about that happening again and secondly while it is certainly a shame that some UK fans were hurt during that moment, I'd like to point out that there were also plenty of IU fans that were not involved in the court rushing that got hurt as well.

    So to just come in here and say "I believe it." like we are some sort of violent fan base, is just flat out bull **** and frankly I take offense to it.

    If Kentucky is honestly still upset about what happened in December, then I'm sorry they need to sack up and move on. I was there. It wasn't that bad. Maybe there were a few incidents, but this idea that it was some sort of horror house for Kentucky fans is bloody ridiculous.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  19. #1993
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012



    Kentucky has been fined FIVE times since 2004 for their fans rushing the football field.

    They should get their own house in order, before they start complaining about others.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1994
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,914

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    If it's true that Kentucky is offering up this excuse then it's that they've all but decided they don't want to continue the series IMHO. Let's not forget that was on the plate prior to the regular season game that KY was considering dropping the IU vs KU game.

    Maybe the excuse has changed.... But IMHO with IU's resurgence KY might be looking for a different excuse so as not to be the bad guy in not continuing the series. If they would've blown IU out in the regular season, let alone not had one of the more exciting games during the NCAA's then most people would understand why KY would not want to continue the IU vs KY series with IU being down, and having been down for some time. Clearly, with IU unable to compete and KY in the national championship conversation each year an IU vs KY game isn't the most attractive option for them. But with IU seemingly back... they can't use the excuse that the game doesn't carry the importance for their team or national interest that it once did.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. #1995

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is that supposed to mean? Do you really expect to come in here and continue taking subtle jabs at our fan base and then you wonder when someone jumps all over you?

    Sorry, but I was at that IU-Kentucky game in Assembly Hall in December. Were you? Do you really know what it was like? Because let me tell you, it wasn't bad at all. I'm not saying there might not be a few bad eggs, but Kentucky fans made it out like they were getting jumped in the stair wells or something. I sat by some Kentucky fans, treated them very well, the only people who acted like ******** the whole game were them.

    I was at the IU at Illinois game in Champaign during Eric Gordon's one year at IU what I heard directed at me on that road trip was 10x worse than anything I heard anyone say to a single UK fan in Bloomington in December.

    Also, if they're "afraid" because of the court rushing incident, I'd like to start off by saying I don't think they need to worry about that happening again and secondly while it is certainly a shame that some UK fans were hurt during that moment, I'd like to point out that there were also plenty of IU fans that were not involved in the court rushing that got hurt as well.

    So to just come in here and say "I believe it." like we are some sort of violent fan base, is just flat out bull **** and frankly I take offense to it.

    If Kentucky is honestly still upset about what happened in December, then I'm sorry they need to sack up and move on. I was there. It wasn't that bad. Maybe there were a few incidents, but this idea that it was some sort of horror house for Kentucky fans is bloody ridiculous.
    He's just mad because you can still buy Butler tix at the door, no sweat. Fieldhouse is more full for IHSAA championships.

  23. #1996
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    I am going to be pissed if UK gets Shabazz or Noel... let alone both... Hoosiers baby!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #1997
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Honestly, if Kentucky doesn't want to play us anymore then screw them. The fact that we already have someone like Kansas lined up as a possible replacement game says everything you need to know.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #1998
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, if Kentucky doesn't want to play us anymore then screw them. The fact that we already have someone like Kansas lined up as a possible replacement game says everything you need to know.
    If Kentucky is scared to play IU, forget them. Pretty much everything you said, Joe.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. #1999
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    If Cal and Crean are as buddy-buddy as they always make out to be, I can't understand why the two of them would want to see this series end under their watch. That is the part that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe their mutual respect isn't as real as it seems?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. #2000
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe it.
    You just continue to prove you are nothing but a jealous punk. Butler had its fluke run but that's over. IU gets more media attention when it is bad than Butler got at the height of its program's success. It burns you but deal with it b!tch.

Similar Threads

  1. Counting: It's Fun.
    By N8R in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 66943
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
  2. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  3. Washington at Indiana - Game thread - 12/22/07
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
  4. Annual thread on when games start in Indiana
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 04:34 PM
  5. Extensive game 3 coverage from the Boston Globe.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •