Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2436

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

No better time for Purdue v IU I suppose.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No better time for Purdue v IU I suppose.
    While the two teams are basically both playing like crap on the day before the single biggest sporting event in the world takes place 65 miles down the road?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    While the two teams are basically both playing like crap on the day before the single biggest sporting event in the world takes place 65 miles down the road?
    I think he meant it's a good time for Purdue to face IU while the Hoosiers are reeling and have zero confidence on the road.

Does the Super Bowl top the UEFA Champion's League final in terms of world wide significance? I'm not so sure.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Four more wins gets us in the tourney. If they can't get four more measly wins then my confidence in Crean will be severely shaken.

I look forward to attending the IU recruit classic tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Does the Super Bowl top the UEFA Champion's League final in terms of world wide significance? I'm not so sure.
    No, but in viewership it does.

15 hours or so. I hate you all.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Yah it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    15 hours or so. I hate you all.
    I wonder if Purdue will hang a banner in Mackey for beating IU tonight?

The trajectories of the two programs are heading in different directions. I always thought it was funny how some Purdue fans were arrogant enough to believe that they were going to be the premier team in the state for all eternity. Tradition and fan support matter. Crean capitalized on that to get great players that will win many games and entice even better players to attend IU.

I only have one expectation for tonight: The refs are going to call a boatload of stupid fouls.

Yeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh buddy!

My favorite part of the game was the Hummel airball at the end to really ice up the stinker for them. Their offense is beyond horrendous.

Wow. Doesn't sound like worth DVR look. That bad?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Would be sweet if we could
    Pull off one of at IA oe at MN...or both!

-Emiliano Zapata

15. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

For all the talk of Crean not developing players, Painter really has nothing in the post-JaJuan/E'twaun era. I think this a dumb rivalry when it's completely one-sided, so I hope their next recruiting class pans out, because if it doesn't, they're going to get beat senseless by IU for a few years here. I'm just incredulous at how bad guys like Travis Carroll are. I'd take Tom Pritchard over him any day of the week. And don't even get me started on what a joke Kelsey Barlow is.

That said, again, I really do hope (and think) PU's next two classes pan out. These games are more fun when the teams are of an even talent level.

As for IU...

Pros: Remy Abell continues to show why he deserves minutes. I'm not quite ready to say he should start over VJ3 yet, but he should eat up more of his minutes than he has previously. Abell is still a bit green, but he's great for two things. One, he knows not to overdo it, so you won't catch him jacking up the same ill-advised shot that VJ3, Hulls might. He plays way more in the flow and confines of the offense. Two, he's the only person besides Oladipo who can get to the basket. That's absolutely imperative in the tournament. IU has to get to the line/rim, or they're toast. Abell should be a fun one to watch moving forward.

Great to see Oladipo get out of his funk. He did have his one patented dumbass turnover, but other than that, just played a fantastic game on both ends of the court. What 'Dipo needs to keep in mind, moving forward, is that it's not a full package in terms of offensive/defensive success. If his offense is lacking, he needs to be able to lean more on his defense. With him, you either get a great performance in both, or a terrible performance in both. I just want to see him keep building on his defense to fuel his offensive game. When he makes the good decisions he made tonight, he's deadly.

Sheehey is just going to be such an awesome player to have on the court these next few years. So smart. Just does all those things you need to do to win a game. Salivating at the prospects of pairing him with those 2012 recruits and a developing Abell, or Zeller if he lasts that long before going pro.

Cons: Christian Watford has been in the cons column ever since the calendar hit 2012, pretty much. What the hell is going on with this kid? Terrible shots, selfish, zero effort given on the glass. How many times did you see Crean yank a completely fresh Watford last night because he just wasn't giving them anything? At this point, it's getting embarrassing. I don't think Watford will ever have either the physical or mental toughness required to play in the NBA. Way too inconsistent, and it's a shame because he has the talent/skillset/body. He just looks like a kid who's coasting and cool with it, and that's not acceptable. Maybe he'll pull a D.J. White and man up, mature and put together an unquestionably tough senior season, but I'm not seeing any signs yet. He stepped up for a few games early on, but has since fallen flat.

Hulls still scares the crap out of me, but that's never going to change.

For all the praise I've seen for Elston lately, he still has the lowest basketball IQ of any player I've ever watched. I'm glad he gives his all and can throw his body around, offer valuable minutes. But damn, does he do some dumb things out there. Dumb shots, dumb fouls, dumb angles, lack of awareness on both ends of the court. Maybe he's a Rhodes scholar in class, I don't know. But I see a really dumb player out on the court. Granted, I still appreciate the minutes he's logging, effort he's putting in. Honestly, if he just had any finishing ability whatsoever and even the basketball IQ of Tom Pritchard, he'd be a pretty good player (not great, not very good, but pretty good).

Tom Crean still doesn't understand how to use a timeout to kill/curb a momentum swing.

Free Remy. Kid can play. Maybe a little Shelvin Mack in him? Seems that way to me. He's got a great energy to him on defense that the team feeds off of. Him, Oladipo, and Patterson next year could be a formidable trio when we need a defensive stop late in a game.

Also, Watford, even though I like him, is not DJ White. Let's not forget that White had ZERO consistency his 4 years at IU and still developed into a great player by his junior season if we're really being honest. Watford while very talented, just isn't that type of guy. I like him and I'm glad he gave us a commit when we desperately needed to land a big recruiting class and his commitment was a big reason that class was so high, but he just doesn't have that sort of toughness that DJ had.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Any Wat to NBA talk/ideas have been gross exaggeration IMO. Crean was talking it up during a time, but he's got way too many issues, not least of which are lack of athleticism (srength, hops) and weak motor.

-Emiliano Zapata

Hollowell will be better than Watford by his sophomore year. Which is good, because Watford will be gone by then.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Hollowell will be better than Watford by his sophomore year. Which is good, because Watford will be gone by then.
    Devin Davis has been great this year I went to a few games he is getting a lot better at dribbling and finishing.

If he keeps progressing I could see him move to SG aswell as playing a lot of SF.

Hollowell is no doubt much better but the depth of the IU team will be pretty scary in a few years. But need to keep hitting the gym once they add some muscle they will be a pretty stout combo along with the other kid from up north(I no nothing about him though

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It's close thanks to Asia becoming bigger soccer fans but more people watch the Super Bowl on television than watches the UEFA C.L. final.

As for the IU/PU game, I didn't see one second of it. Doesn't sound like I missed much. Too bad it wasn't a noon start.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I DVR'ed the IU game but never actually watched the recording. During the game I tuned in a few times when the Pacers were in commercial. On one of those times I heard the announcer saying in Indiana IU vs Purdue was bigger than the Superbowl. I kinda snickered and turned back to the Pacers game to see if they were out of break yet because that was the game I was watching live.

If my choice is to watch the SB or IU v Purdue it's going to have to be a pretty special season at IU for me to skip the SB for it. I'm interested enough to DVR the IU game... and if I check in on commercial breaks and it looks close then I might watch the DVR later.... But right now I pick the Pacers over IU games....

IU is back to respectability but by no means are they likely putting together a special season with a deep playoff run.
    Last edited by Bball; 02-06-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Nothing would surprise me with this team come tournament time. A first round flameout against a mid major wouldn't shock me. A trip to the Elite Eight wouldn't surprise me. We have proven we can beat anybody, and we have proven we can crap the bed against anybody.

Yogi is a McDonald's all american.

Will someone explain to me why Gus Johnson is ******* cheering a cheap shot by Meyers Leonard? I understand why they can't CRITICIZE bad officiating, but to celebrate it?!

Crean needs to have a week's worth of practices just focused on fighting off/getting around screens.