Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2436

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

I ****ing hate the way Michigan plays. I know kstat has said this is a different Michigan team, but I'm sorry in big games they still lean on their 3 point shooting and it is so annoying. You are never safe.

I'm too sober for us to keep winning like this.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jones, like Watford earlier in the season (though not quite the same), will likely win us more games than he will lose us. Heck, he made a key basket late in the game. At the moment, he's one of only two guys we have that consistently can beat their man off the dribble. That's just the way it is at the moment and we have to live with it. Jones makes 1 or 2 plays a game that remind you why he is out there and they have a knack for coming at pretty crucial points. Unfortunately we have to live through the boneheaded mistakes with him, but we also need to appreciate IMO that Verdell has really fought through a lot for IU. I like Remy and think he's actually going to be a bit of a steal for us. I sort of see a bit of point guard Oladipo in him, but right now Verdell has to play.

The thing with Verdell is you DON'T want him running point at key times, DON'T want him shooting key free throws (usually, depends who else is on court) and usually DON'T want him to be a top option to shoot in the clutch.

But you DO have to give him minutes, because he just Ds up better than Hulls can. Hulls, for the millionth time, doesn't have the lateral quickness to stop quick drive penetration. He relies on smarts (taking charges, directing traffic) but doesn't have the athleticism to really make a stand on defense. VJ3 does, and quietly Ds up very nicely for this team.

He just gives you a rollercoaster of play, more down than up, on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I ****ing hate the way Michigan plays. I know kstat has said this is a different Michigan team, but I'm sorry in big games they still lean on their 3 point shooting and it is so annoying. You are never safe.

I'm too sober for us to keep winning like this.
    They are no different than any other Beilein coached team. Next year with the addition of Mitch McGary, they might be, but for now it's more of the same. Not a bad thing, but they are what they are.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Amazing game! A little too close for comfort at the end but what a finish. I got yelled at by about 5 different people to sit down with 3 minutes left and only a 3 point lead. I was actually kinda pissed they had the nerve to say anything to me. I mean come on, show some support. But regardless im so glad I could be there.

Penn State hasnt beat ANYONE this year. They are 9-7 and just started Big10 play. Purdue is an extremely underwhelming team who doesnt have much of a resume either. I mean they lost to a rebuilding Butler squad, that also lost to Ball State haha. If we lose to Penn St then we have A LOT more to worry about then being in the Top 10.

I like Jones but man he just turns it over too much. I know he can make the big shot, but what does a big shot mean when TOs let the team back in the game in the first place. Too bad Hulls isnt a couple steps quicker. Thats whrre Mo Creek would be huge right now.

Regardless I love this team. Might be the most entertaining team in 10 years. IU Basketball is the epitome of team basketball. Play smart, take good shots, hustle, and hard nose D. Im glad to be a Hoosier

Edit: Someone tell Novak to graduate already. I swear it seems like hes been there 6 years
    Last edited by CreekShow; 01-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    I Bleed Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Felt like Michigan couldn't miss from three.
    Except when Tim Hardaway, Jr. was chucking up his 3s. Douglass and Novak are clearly Indiana boys though, their shots are very pretty.

Loved the quote from Crean after the game.. "14 wins, 14 different ways."

How in the hell did Indiana get so good, so fast?

Held serve against to strong opponents to start B1G season. Not it's time to show some mettle on the road. If we pull out a few away from the Hall here early, we will be in the race for the regular season title. Easier said than done perhaps.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    How in the hell did Indiana get so good, so fast?
    Watford grew up into a potential NBA talent at halftime of the Kentucky game. With the addition of Cody Zeller and on-ball defense of Victor Oladipo, combined with some clutch shooting by Jordan Hulls, that was enough to push them over the edge from "knocking at the door, with young talent" to "hey, rank us!"

That said, they still seem like a different team home and away. Don't underestimate the challenge of playing at Penn State. That's a big game for IU.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No B1G road game is a gimmie.
    It would be interesting to see the Big Ten/ACC challenge right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Watford grew up into a potential NBA talent at halftime of the Kentucky game.
    I'd say it was even before that. I remember Fisch on 1070 a couple times in the lead up to the Kentucky game saying Watford had gone all into what Crean was preaching. (or something like that) He's gotten more social and able to poke fun at himself (Fisch told the story about Watford is claustrophobic and he was PANICING at the bottom of that dogpile after he hit the "Shot Heard Round the State".
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Wish we would have won this one going away like we threatened early on. That said a Win is a win.

I also think looking ahead Wisconsin is very beatable at their place this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I'd say it was even before that. I remember Fisch on 1070 a couple times in the lead up to the Kentucky game saying Watford had gone all into what Crean was preaching. (or something like that) He's gotten more social and able to poke fun at himself (Fisch told the story about Watford is claustrophobic and he was PANICING at the bottom of that dogpile after he hit the "Shot Heard Round the State".
    That was the first I really noticed it. He started out slow and tentative this season (as he had been for most of his career up to this season) and really just didn't seem to be consistently battling. He's always been prone to lapses, or not playing with a certain fire so to speak.

But something changed at halftime in that game. It's weird how that happens with players, not just in college. Sometimes, something just clicks and they "get" what their team needs from them, what they need to do to raise their games.

I'd always been of the opinion that Watford had a NBA body and skillset, but would never sniff the league because he didn't play with the requisite interest or intensity. Maybe it's still a bit early to tell, but he's really re-writing the script there. Playing with unbelievable intensity on both ends, hitting the boards, making clutch shots, tighter with his handles.

Maybe we should have seen this coming. I remember saying A LOT of the same things about D.J. White prior to his senior year.

Crean said Watford just has a serious focus and intensity about him right now.

“It started to really take shape all the way back in April when we got back from Spring Break,’’ Crean said. “He has never been the same since and again, the start of the season was a direct result of the two-plus weeks he missed injury-wise.
    “But this is what we see in practice and he’s lighting his own fire and that’s really important.’’
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...-over-Michigan
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Michigan played VERY, VERY well last night for some decent stretches, some of the best bball of their season. That's an important point to make as well. Last night was a very good win.

Watford feeling it early.

Both teams trading treys right now.

Not a terribly officiated game by any means, but IU needs to get used to getting hacked in the paint on the road and not getting calls. They always look shocked that they don't.

Uh yeah, Oladipo got decked there.

Home cookin' has always been a reason road wins are hard to come by in the B1G.

Hulls was wide open, begging for his fifth three. VJ3 pulls up for a midrange J instead. And then follows up with a charge. Such an insanely dumb player.

Having Daniel Moore ever run the point in a B1G game seems a bit silly. Between Hulls, Jones, Abell and Oladipo, Moore should really never have to run the point.

PSU is playing very well. They're scrappy and well-coached.

Only up 5 at the half. Definitely not a "gimmie."