Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2436

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

  1. #1101

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    God I love IU and Jordan Hulls

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:


  3. #1102

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by IUfan4life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God I love IU and Jordan Hulls
    I'll tell ya...most times, kid can't defend worth a lick (not for lack of effort, just doesn't have the lateral quickness to stay in front of his man on drives), but holy hell can he shoot the ball. One of the best pure shooters I've ever seen.

  4. #1103
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skip Bayless is definitely annoying but for me Stephen A Smith takes the cake. Take a downer or something and lose the know it all attitude. And when you get those two together I can't change the channel fast enough.
    He's not with ESPN anymore, or he would definitely be up there too.

  5. #1104
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Oh, and Luke Fischer, 2013 C from Wisconsin, committed to Indiana today after visiting for the Ohio State game. He's listed at 6'9 but is reportedly up to 6'10 or 6'11, and around the 100 mark by most recruiting services. Definitely a sleeper. A few said if he grew those inches he is said to have grown that he would jump into the 40-60 range. I love it. We need a point guard now for that 2013 class and we have our bases covered. Things are really looking up for the future, but I'm too in love with the present to care much.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #1105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not with ESPN anymore, or he would definitely be up there too.
    He is still on first take...

  8. #1106
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is still on first take...
    Is he? I thought he was completely off the network. Well, then, **** that guy. He is an idiot as well.

  9. #1107
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    I hope Fischer pans out because every time I see Colin Hartman play he looks like a wasted schollie to me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #1108
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Fischer pans out because every time I see Colin Hartman play he looks like a wasted schollie to me.
    Hartman is a spot shooter in college methinks. Think Matt Roth, Austin Etherington (except he has more skill than either of those two imo). I criticized the hell out of Crean for the "disastrous" 2010 class of Sheehey and Oladipo and was proved laughably wrong there, so I am going to trust that he knows what he wants better than I do. I like Fischer though.

  11. #1109
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    I've seen Hartman live a couple times, most recently on the 22nd against my Brebeuf alma mater (BTW, PJ Thompson on Brebeuf is a player, a sophomore, and he's the PG on Blackmon and Lyles AAU team, Butler is after him very hard, but I think IU will probably offer him eventually) Anyway, Hartman just doesn't blow me away, I know what he's supposed to be, but I disagree that he has more skill than Etherington, maybe Roth, but then again Roth gives up almost 6 inches to Hartman so it's tough to say. I just don't see Hartman ever take over games, he defers all the time, which is OK, but if you're a 3 or 4 star recruit, you should be taking over games a lot more consistently IMO. Admittedly, there is no doubt Crean knows how to play the 100-150 range when it comes to recruiting, Wade proved that.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #1110
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    I've seen Hartman a few times as well, and have left with similar feelings. I don't think he has the mentality to take over games, and I don't think that's what Crean wants out of him. Crean wants him to make open shots, and I think Hartman can and will do that. I disagree about the 3 star recruits should be able to take over games. The game changers are the 4 and 5 star guys. 3 stars are high level role players imo.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #1111
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    I guess my main feeling is we just offered someone like him way too early. I have no doubt in my mind that we could probably find a better player with that scholarship at this point, JMO

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #1112
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess my main feeling is we just offered someone like him way too early. I have no doubt in my mind that we could probably find a better player with that scholarship at this point, JMO
    Crean seems to know what he's doing. He's putting a team together. It's working, so I'm going to ride it.

  16. #1113

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Rankings mean squat outside of the top 10 or so. Sheeladipo should have proved that.

  17. #1114
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rankings mean squat outside of the top 10 or so. Sheeladipo should have proved that.
    Eh, they are largely the exception not the rule. Having a top 100 ranking is usually a pretty good indicator of being capable of being at least a top 6 player on a pretty good team at some point in your college career.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #1115

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, they are largely the exception not the rule. Having a top 100 ranking is usually a pretty good indicator of being capable of being at least a top 6 player on a pretty good team at some point in your college career.
    You recruit for your system, not for arbitrary star rankings. See also: Butler. If Fischer fits their system well, I don't care where he's ranked.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  20. #1116
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You recruit for your system, not for arbitrary star rankings. See also: Butler. If Fischer fits their system well, I don't care where he's ranked.
    Comparing the way a school like IU recruits to the way a school like Butler recruits isn't the same thing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #1117
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    The twitterverse is saying we moved up to 12 in the ESPN/USAToday coaches poll. Michigan State is 11.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #1118
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    12th in both polls.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #1119
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    12th in both polls.
    I'm fine with that, but no way should freaking Louisville be ranked higher than us. They are a fraud.

  25. #1120
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fine with that, but no way should freaking Louisville be ranked higher than us. They are a fraud.
    I agree. I would have put Sparty at 10 in both polls and us at 11.

    It's a wacky year for all rankings so far. Ken Pomeroy's system which is normally very good has Wisconsin as the number 1 team in the nation AFTER their loss to Iowa.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #1121
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely agree. Dakich is one of the best sports casters in America. He spoke out against the final Zeller call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dakich is a self-aggrandizing jerk who spends half his radio show talking about sandwiches and the other half hanging up on callers who even hint at disagreeing with him. Treats people like crap, has a remarkably inflated sense of self and is one of the few local radio guys I just can't listen to as a result.
    Regarding Dakich:

    I toe the line between you too. I very much like Dakich as a color guy doing in college basketball. He's very good at it.

    His radio show is a different animal. If it was a college basketball show, it'd be one of the best around. But it isn't. It's a sport show. His in depth knowledge of the collegiate basketball scene is only matched by his extreme ignorance regarding all other sports. And he's doing it in city with an NFL and NBA team. The NBA is such a minor topic that his lack of knowledge regarding the game isn't that big of a deal. The issue is with the NFL and Colts in particular. He doesn't get it. He doesn't seem to try to get it. And he absolutely won't listen to anybody that tells him he's wrong regarding it. The dickish personality is entertaining schtick but it gets tiresome when he's clearly wrong about something and will not even allow people to tell him so.

    I also get very tired of his constant Urban Meyer jock riding. We get it. You know Urban Meyer. We don't care. Quit trying to be the ******* radio love child of Jim Rome and Eddie White. It isn't flattering.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  29. #1122
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess my main feeling is we just offered someone like him way too early. I have no doubt in my mind that we could probably find a better player with that scholarship at this point, JMO
    Purdue was all over Hartman even harder than IU was initially.

    Devin Davis is a bulldog and an extremely aggressive player.

    We have to understand that Crean is recruiting players to fill ROLES on this team. The 2013 class doesn't need to be amazing because it will be riding the pine for a couple of years with all the talent ahead of it.

  30. #1123
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Have I told you guys how much I love this team? They've just blown away all expectations, they bring random smiles to my face when I think of the comeback against NC St, the shot against UK, and the gutsy win minus Sheehey against the Buckeyes. They really are a team to be proud of.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #1124
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have I told you guys how much I love this team? They've just blown away all expectations, they bring random smiles to my face when I think of the comeback against NC St, the shot against UK, and the gutsy win minus Sheehey against the Buckeyes. They really are a team to be proud of.
    It's a great team to root for. There are no unlikeable players on the team. They play with heart. They are hard workers. You can tell they love this as much as we do. Plus, the program is headed in the right direction and they are doing it the right way. Truly a team and program to be proud of right now.

  33. #1125
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012

    It looks like Devin Davis is starting to emerge too. Had a big game tonight and with his great play in AAU this past summer and his improved play in high school ball this season, it looks like he could be a good one. Plus, he might be still growing and his coach says he is an extremely hard worker. I'm really, really excited about him.

Similar Threads

  1. Counting: It's Fun.
    By N8R in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 66943
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
  2. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  3. Washington at Indiana - Game thread - 12/22/07
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
  4. Annual thread on when games start in Indiana
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 04:34 PM
  5. Extensive game 3 coverage from the Boston Globe.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •