Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread

Default Re: Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread

Interesting story on J & C that Henry had his ACL done by James Andrews (guy who did Brees' shoulder I think), not Shelbourne.

Wonder if this is a sign that the re-injuries are forcing PU is away from Shelbourne...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that was the lone bright light of a horrible football weekend.
    Don't forget about Shaun Phillips play...
    Why so SERIOUS

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Interesting story on J & C that Henry had his ACL done by James Andrews (guy who did Brees' shoulder I think), not Shelbourne.

Wonder if this is a sign that the re-injuries are forcing PU is away from Shelbourne...
    I would think the history would have to scare you a little at least.

FIFTY-NINE to zero!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    FIFTY-NINE to zero!
    lol and we played who? I would be embarrassed for scheduling that game. Thats why i hate college ball it is a joke there are about 2 games that matter a year out of conference in all of college ball. LSU Oregon was the only game that has mattered so far all year. Oklahoma FL State matters tonight aswell. College ball is such a joke now a days.

I was working in Lafayette today traffic is a ***** game days.

I am thinking about going to ND PU on the 1st but im afraid Purdue will get smoked and will be a waste.But ill be going to Chicago that night it is on the way so I mys well.

Hard to take a lot from that game, REALLY nice to be on the right end of a 59-0 shellacking of course, but SEMO St's a 1-AA school and looked like a bad one at that.

Marve looked good though. More decisive, the passes are much crisper and on target. If the knee's still 100% I'd probably start him the rest of the way. Now beat ND and put on a show for Gary Harris.

I'd start Marve as well. I don't care who it was, we were supposed to beat Rice also.

I don't like when people who don't go here, or never did, say 'we' either.

Mood

I'd start Marve as well. I don't care who it was, we were supposed to beat Rice also.

I don't like when people who don't go here, or never did, say 'we' either.

my mom and dad both went to Purdue my Uncle is the Sheriff of Tipp county and get free tickets to any game I want to go too and most of my family lives in Lafayette. I think I can say we if I want too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

my mom and dad both went to Purdue my Uncle is the Sheriff of Tipp county and get free tickets to any game I want to go too and most of my family lives in Lafayette. I think I can say we if I want too.
    Didn't say you couldn't. Do as you please. You're just not a Boilermaker to me is all. I catch myself saying we all the time when I talk about the Pacers and Buccaneers.

Didn't say you couldn't. Do as you please. You're just not a Boilermaker to me is all. I catch myself saying we all the time when I talk about the Pacers and Buccaneers.
    LOL I think you forgot the green font buddy. I'm sure P4E wets his bed at night when he remembers he's not a Boilermaker to you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Boilermaker legend Chris Kramer is headed to Germany to play ball.

Chris Kramer likes being close to his family and is a self-proclaimed picky eater.

Those always have been reasons why the former Purdue guard has been wary of continuing his professional basketball career overseas.

But Kramer is ready to try being independent.

Kramer signed a contract to play in W?g, Germany, for the s.Oliver Baskets in the 16-team Basketball Bundesliga League.

Kramer, who is from Huntington, Ind., is leaving on Friday and expects to be gone for at least six months. The league web site said the first game is Oct. 3.

"There was a time when I was going to have to man-up and go over there," Kramer said, "make some money and play this game outside of the States. There's no better time than when the NBA is in a lockout. It's a chance for me to make a name for myself and a chance for me to get rid of (the) 'he can just play defense' (label).

"I'm nervous but excited. It's a great opportunity."

Kramer said he turned down an offer to play in Spain thinking something better would come.

The result was the chance to play in the top league in Germany and be joined by at least six other Americans on the team - the roster on the team's site includes Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobson - and an American coach (John Patrick).

"It'll definitely be an adjustment, but having a lot of Americans there will help," said Kramer, who spent about a month in Puerto Rico this summer with the Guaynabo Mets.
    http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1268856

Probably to get away from his mom. I know I would.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Probably to get away from his mom. I know I would.
    Don't think her screams'll have a problem crossing the Atlantic

Hope arrived on the scene with a win vs. OSU, and maybe he needs to beat them again to keep his job. Watched some of the OSU-Colorado game, and OSU just absolutely cannot pass. Granted their defense is good, but a competent coaching staff should be able to defeat a team that is entirely one dimensional (runs+qb scrambles). I guess they have a receiver coming back f/ suspension, but their QB looks beyond worthless passing the ball. Strange to think that OSU is a "must-win" but losing to a team that you know coming in is as offensively incompetent as OSU would be huge blow.

We all know E is playing in Italy this year, but did you know he is teaming up with none other than the great Brian Scalabrine?! I'm predicting great things from him now once the nba comes back.

http://www.benettonbasket.it/it/roster.html

Also, here is an article from Italy about him:

U.S. revealed the name of the guard that goes to increase the external department of the new Benetton Basketball 2011/2012. This is It 'Twaun Moore, born in 1989 (he was born Feb. 25 in East Chicago), 192 centimeters, the most important player in the last four years at Purdue college, university of great history with regard to the basketball program, the second choice of the Boston Celtics past the No. 55 draft. It 'was All American in the last two seasons and in the ideal team of the Big Ten conference in the high-level view of the NCAA. To him therefore a very solid college career (with the record of having played in all 140 races in the four years of college at Purdue, with 107 wins) culminated with the satisfaction of being one of three players in history to score in his college career university at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 400 assists. It was also the 3 rd of Boilermakers scorer of all time.

In the last year for E'Twaun 18 points (40% from three), 5.1 rebounds and 3.2 assists per match, 31 times out of 34 races went into double figures, with a record of 38 points against Ohio (with 7 / 10 by three). But even in the years before his contribution was quite large (16 points from junior abundant year, boarding with 3.1, 47% and 38% by two of three.
    This year the team of three "stars" Moore, JaJuan Johnson (who was also chosen by the Celtics) and Robbie Hummel, also because of an injury of the latter, comes "only" to the third round of the NCAA final (always played in its 4 years of college!) after having touched the dream of the Final Four. Even on this occasion, scouts and analysts note the great susceptibility of Moore to team play and the concrete, hard to find talent at that age, and this' is the call of the Celtics who have closely followed throughout the year.

Is described by scouts as a player "old school", a winner (formerly the Eastern High School in Chicago led his school to the title), excellent basic, good approach shot from far away, careful and skillful defender in the intercept (arms very long, this also helps him to rebound), fast athlete with room for improvement in the dribbling and in attacking the basket, but instead has a good range of movement in attack, even away from the basket. Important that it be described as a player "team", not a catalyst for balloons, but a player who likes to engage the context of even small things in both attack and defense and to select the game situations.

Danny Ainge chosen by the player for the Celtics, often during the lockout, so he chose Italy and Benetton Basket for its launch in the firmament of professional basketball. It will be in Treviso for the meeting August 16.

"We were looking for a player with these features - says the GM of Benetton Basket Claudio Coldebella - and we are very pleased that E'Twaun Moore has signed for us. It was highlighted in a prestigious college like Purdue and was chosen by Boston, these are guarantees, and has important technical and behavioral qualities that make a man suited to the context of a team as we understand it. It reminds me a little 'Bootsy Thorthon, that type of player, that talent for the team. It 'a mature player in spite of young age, and in any case the choice of another young aligns the choices made ​​above, form a group aimed at young man who has talent and enthusiasm. "
    at the bolded

http://www.benettonbasket.it/it/news...-20012012.html

With this Colts situation going on , I don't know if I can even explain how badly I need Purdue to pull this thing off Saturday night.

It would be amazing. I still regret not going to the Ohio State game 2 years ago.

Sorry about the Colts on Monday night

Serious question for Purdue fans, should they give Hope the axe?

If he wins the rest of the "must-win" games (edit: which I guess is only Minn and IU at this point), and pulls one upset, i'd say give him another year. Otherwise, I'd let him go. Obvious Decision-making errors have just been too frequent.
    Last edited by dal9; 09-30-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Serious question for Purdue fans, should they give Hope the axe?
    Absolutely. But I won't get my high hopes up since Burke pretty much honors every contract, which is commendable if frustrating, and I doubt whoever it'd be to take Hope's place would be all that different. Was on the Kevin Sumlin train, and I'd still be OK with him, but he's not exactly setting the world on fire.

The Rice loss is a fireable offence.

But he has a chance to save his job starting tonight. He needs to realize this teams identity. Which is, run run, run. Defend, defend, defend. This team has some talent.

I'm an ND fan and a lot of people are scoffing at Purdue, but if hope knows his *** is on the line and can compel his team to play for his job it will be more than interesting.

For anyone who thinks/hopes Burke will pull the trigger, I've got two words for you:

Jim Colletto

Danny Hope has 3 years left on his contract, he'll coach here 3 more years.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Some basketball recruit is visiting Purdue today . . . Gary Harris. Anybody ever heard of him?

TIC
    Last edited by Dab; 10-01-2011 at 04:12 PM.

JaQuan Lyle's there too.

I feel gross for knowing that. At least Harris is a senior.