Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: Pryor goes too ....

  1. #1
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Pryor goes too ....

    THE RAIDERS IN THE 3RD ROUND.

    Well there went his chance at a career.

  2. #2
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Next JaMarcus Russel?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  3. #3

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Bengals or Raiders, as to the worst-run franchise in sports?

    tough call...

  4. #4
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bengals or Raiders, as to the worst-run franchise in sports?

    tough call...
    Clippers

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bengals or Raiders, as to the worst-run franchise in sports?

    tough call...
    After watching Hardknocks easily the Bengals their FO were complete dicks. They fired people over the phone and were very classless. Mike Brown is almost as bad as Donald Sterling he is a complete tool.


    On to Pyror they said they drafted him to play WR so who knows how he turns out? I figured they would play him at QB.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-22-2011 at 04:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Next JaMarcus Russel?
    Not really. 3rd round pick is quite a bit to give up for him, but it's not the number 1 pick overall. They'll recover if he doesn't pan out.

  7. #7
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really. 3rd round pick is quite a bit to give up for him, but it's not the number 1 pick overall. They'll recover if he doesn't pan out.
    Well, that and Russell ate up 13 million a year when he played. Pryor will eat up a weeee bit less than that.

    However I think they're envisioning Randy Moss light, but can he really catch like that? Highly doubtful. This reeks of an Al Davis vertical offense obsession, again. Just like the Darrius Heyward Bey pick a couple of years ago. How's that one working out?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    to
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  9. #9
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,062
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Al Davis sure likes the high-character guys...

  10. #10
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to
    Haha. I saw that but I did it on my cell at work really fast. I looked at it when I got home and hoped nobody would notice.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Jerry Porter never played WR until his senior year at West Virgina others never played WR until the NFL and did pretty good. Pyror has 4.36 speed so he could be a threat if he has even below average hands.

    6'6 and 4.36 speed is scary
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-22-2011 at 07:45 PM.

  13. #12

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6'6 and 4.36 speed is scary
    To quote the scarecrow - "If I only had a brain".

    Low football IQ, played in a simpler than vanilla offense, always has been the focal point - simply because of his size .............. he won't make an impact in the NFL as a receiver. First time he goes across the middle and runs into someone like Palomalu, he'll be toast.

  14. #13
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,062
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jerry Porter never played WR until his senior year at West Virgina others never played WR until the NFL and did pretty good. Pyror has 4.36 speed so he could be a threat if he has even below average hands.

    6'6 and 4.36 speed is scary
    Porter never lived up to his hype or expectations. Played second fiddle to Tim Brown, Jerry Rice, and Randy Moss while in Oakland. Never had a season over 1,000 yards receiving...even when he was the first option. He never was very good...

  15. #14
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,447
    Mood

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Just glad it was not us.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To quote the scarecrow - "If I only had a brain".

    Low football IQ, played in a simpler than vanilla offense, always has been the focal point - simply because of his size .............. he won't make an impact in the NFL as a receiver. First time he goes across the middle and runs into someone like Palomalu, he'll be toast.
    Where do you get he has low IQ? All Pryor did in college is win and make plays and make his teammates better. He is 250 he wont be toast if he gets hit unless it is a freak accident which could happen to anyone. Pryor will be able to take hits that is like saying Big Ben in Pittsburgh cant take hits just stupid IMO. Injuries happy all the time but how can you say he be injury prone? It isnt like he is Anthony Gonzalez a small guy who literally cant take hits.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-22-2011 at 10:52 PM.

  17. #16

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Randle-El made the transition well, but I've heard that Pryor is dumber than your average box of rocks.

    NFL offenses aren't exactly easy to pick up when you have played the position, let alone when you haven't.

  18. #17

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you get he has low IQ?
    just one true story:

    When the first story broke about Tressel and that he had sat on the tattoo parlor info, every sports reporter withing 100 miles of Columbus OH was parked at the OSU practice facility trying to get players reaction, a quote from a coach, AD, anything.

    Who drives up, right by the assembled throng, in a fancy car with dealer plates?

    Pryor!

    Who had gotten so many speeding tickets (without owning his own car!) that his licence was suspended at that time?

    Pryor!

    His own stupidity started the investigation of the "loaner" car deals

  19. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just one true story:

    When the first story broke about Tressel and that he had sat on the tattoo parlor info, every sports reporter withing 100 miles of Columbus OH was parked at the OSU practice facility trying to get players reaction, a quote from a coach, AD, anything.

    Who drives up, right by the assembled throng, in a fancy car with dealer plates?

    Pryor!

    Who had gotten so many speeding tickets (without owning his own car!) that his licence was suspended at that time?

    Pryor!

    His own stupidity started the investigation of the "loaner" car deals
    Bro thats all off the field look what he did on the field. He was a killer and all he did is win. Show me where he has a low football IQ

    I mean Lawrence Taylor wasn't the brightest and probably did coke 2 hrs before kickoff but the guy was a beast on sundays. As long as he plays well I could care less if he is mentally retarded or has a low IQ outside of football.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2011 at 02:22 AM.

  20. #19

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    5th round I'd have been cool with it, anything more is just stupid. Al Davis continues his love affair with speed. Pryor's a really intriguing athlete for a team that can bring him along slowly (think contributing regularly in year 3), but man, Oakland's setting this kid up for failure. He's not an NFL QB, his throwing motion makes Tebow look like a quick release and the next time he goes through his target progressions will be the first time.

    Really I'm kinda bummed for the kid, I don't see a way he can make it as a QB, stick him at WR from day one and start the learning curve and maybe, MAYBE. Now he's just behind the 8 ball. Jason Campbell's mediocre at best, now Oakland's excuse for not taking an actual QB anytime soon will be "we're grooming Pryor." Just going to be a disaster all the way around.

  21. #20
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bro thats all off the field look what he did on the field. He was a killer and all he did is win. Show me where he has a low football IQ

    I mean Lawrence Taylor wasn't the brightest and probably did coke 2 hrs before kickoff but the guy was a beast on sundays. As long as he plays well I could care less if he is mentally retarded or has a low IQ outside of football.
    Pryor has made plenty of stupid decisions on the football field. Terrible throws, runs when he should throw, throws when he should run.

    And off the field... well this is the guy that said "Everyone murders people"

  22. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pryor has made plenty of stupid decisions on the football field. Terrible throws, runs when he should throw, throws when he should run.

    And off the field... well this is the guy that said "Everyone murders people"
    Pryor's record at Ohio State 31-4 all he did is win. Every player is human so yes he made mistakes. I just cant understand why people say he has low football IQ when all he did was help his team win.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2011 at 05:45 AM.

  23. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5th round I'd have been cool with it, anything more is just stupid. Al Davis continues his love affair with speed. Pryor's a really intriguing athlete for a team that can bring him along slowly (think contributing regularly in year 3), but man, Oakland's setting this kid up for failure. He's not an NFL QB, his throwing motion makes Tebow look like a quick release and the next time he goes through his target progressions will be the first time.

    Really I'm kinda bummed for the kid, I don't see a way he can make it as a QB, stick him at WR from day one and start the learning curve and maybe, MAYBE. Now he's just behind the 8 ball. Jason Campbell's mediocre at best, now Oakland's excuse for not taking an actual QB anytime soon will be "we're grooming Pryor." Just going to be a disaster all the way around.
    and Kurt Warner had no shot once upon a time. I just love how people are calling him DOA just lol. Tavris Jackson is the starting QB for the Seattle yet Pryor is DOA? Give me a break yes the guys mechanics need work but I have seen QBs with worse mechanics and become pretty good QBs. I mean take Aaron Rodgers at Cal for example his mechanics were god awful developed in green bay .4 years later he was a great ****ing QB. I just think some of these guys are unfairly criticized and written off I hope he proves the doubters wrong like Rodgers did and other QBs with shaky mechanics coming out.

    Talking about mechanics Pryor throws the ball better than Cam Newton. The only thing that needs lots of work is his release he has pretty good footwork for just out of college. The release shouldnt be that tough to fix and may not even need fixed I have seen worse delivery work in the NFL.


    Terry Bradshaw had terrible mechanics during his career and he did pretty well for himself. Also plenty of people said Dan Marino had bad technique he was very successful. I just think some people take mechanics way to serious. You can either get wins as QB and lead your football team or you cant.




    I am not saying he will be successful and it is likely he wont be but come on. You make it sound like he is a grade school QB.

    This year I think he does very little they may use him in the wildcat or have a few plays to use him in at the end of the season. But in 3-4 years I could see him being a decent to good QB.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.

  24. #23
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pryor's record at Ohio State 31-4 all he did is win. Every player is human so yes he made mistakes. I just cant understand why people say he has low football IQ when all he did was help his team win.
    First, do some homework of the history of Ohio State QBs in the NFL. Or more accurately, the lack of history.

    Secondly, its Ohio State. They'd win most of their games with me at QB. Wins don't equal a high football IQ.

  25. #24
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    As far as the low IQ I think it is something more along the lines of looking at his game tape and seeing a lot of the mistakes he makes in the passing game. I think he understands a decent amount about coverage and the plays that are called but it takes a lot of film study to diagnose defenses.

    He has been known to make bad passes in coverage, and due to his lack of accuracy it only enhances what seems to be a below average IQ. I think one of the big things with running QB's is that they tend not to have a lot of patience. Not only does this tend to cause them to run more often, but they don't let plays develop as they should and also tend to key in on specific receivers instead of going through all of their progressions.

    Pryor should have went to the eagles and got that Andy Reid influence added to his game, but I wish the best for the kid at whatever position he plays.
    Why so SERIOUS

  26. #25
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pryor goes too ....

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pryor's record at Ohio State 31-4 all he did is win. Every player is human so yes he made mistakes. I just cant understand why people say he has low football IQ when all he did was help his team win.
    And Ken Dorsey's record at the U was 38-2. How'd that work out for him?

    Good thing he won all those games in college though....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •