Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pryor as TE for the Colts?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pryor as TE for the Colts?

So it has been rumored that Ravens would be a good fit for Pryor, bringing him in as a WR and having Anquan as a mentor.

What do you guys think about bringing him in as a TE for the Colts instead...tall, long, deceptive speed, tough, has a very mean stiff arm, and not afraid to run in traffic...

If he can add on about 20 lbs I think that would be a very good position for him, especially in our offense where he doesn't have to block as much as he would on a typical team, and he can use his deceptive speed on those deep routes up the middle like Clark does... not to mention that he has a pretty high vertical....

With Clarks injury issues it would be good to groom his successor now.

Default Re: Pryor as TE for the Colts?

Really, Really? Really?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Dallas Clark Injury issues? Before last season's injury, he had played seasons of 15 games, 15 games, and 16 games. And last year's injury was a wrist injury that was a pretty freak accident that will never happen again.

I'm not worried about Clark's injury issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think he would be a good fit at TE just because he would have trouble blocking. However, I think he could find his spot in the NFL as a WR. He could be that Brad Smith type of player that most teams like to have.

Pryor will have a decent career.

In the CFL. He's NOT an NFL QB and he's not going to create a game at another position that's at the NFL level.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Pryor puts on 20 pounds to become a TE he loses a lot what makes him special, his speed. The kid is fast. Seeing him on tv, it doesn't show as well. He is best suited as a WR.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really, Really? Really?
    Yup really

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Dallas Clark Injury issues? Before last season's injury, he had played seasons of 15 games, 15 games, and 16 games. And last year's injury was a wrist injury that was a pretty freak accident that will never happen again.

I'm not worried about Clark's injury issues.
    Dallas is also 32 yrs old.. and a lot of his game is based on his speed and quickness at TE, a lot of times that is the first thing that leaves players... Not saying that Pryor would come in right now and start in the near future but in a couple years he could be a really good option

Also I think the problem with him playing WR is that he doesn't seem to have the quicks for that position, and he is a long strider.

He probably runs about a 4.6 right now, probably close to a 4.7 if he adds on 20 lbs, that is about what Dallas ran when he came out of college, plus being a big body of the line in goalline situations could be really dangerous.

I personally doubt he will end up being a QB at the next level just because of his accuracy issues... I think he would be better suited at TE in the future than WR...

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yup really

Dallas is also 32 yrs old.. and a lot of his game is based on his speed and quickness at TE, a lot of times that is the first thing that leaves players... Not saying that Pryor would come in right now and start in the near future but in a couple years he could be a really good option

Also I think the problem with him playing WR is that he doesn't seem to have the quicks for that position, and he is a long strider.

He probably runs about a 4.6 right now, probably close to a 4.7 if he adds on 20 lbs, that is about what Dallas ran when he came out of college, plus being a big body of the line in goalline situations could be really dangerous.

I personally doubt he will end up being a QB at the next level just because of his accuracy issues... I think he would be better suited at TE in the future than WR...
    Ok, but you said he had "injury issues". What issues are those exactly?
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Ok, but you said he had "injury issues". What issues are those exactly?
    Sorry, thought he had a concussion also along the way also my mistake.

what do you give up for him in the supplemental draft though? Nothing above a 6th rounder in my opinion...and I bet some more desperate team will give a higher bid...if someone picked Tebow in the first round, someone will give TP a chance as a QB...

also TP has a crap attitude, and wouldn't go for a switch out of QB...can he make it as a QB? I doubt it...but there is no reason to think he can make it as a TE either (do we know if he can catch the ball or block? no. and i have no reason to think he can, or that he would be all that willing to learn).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    what do you give up for him in the supplemental draft though? Nothing above a 6th rounder in my opinion...and I bet some more desperate team will give a higher bid...if someone picked Tebow in the first round, someone will give TP a chance as a QB...

also TP has a crap attitude, and wouldn't go for a switch out of QB...can he make it as a QB? I doubt it...but there is no reason to think he can make it as a TE either (do we know if he can catch the ball or block? no. and i have no reason to think he can, or that he would be all that willing to learn).
    All good points... this was just a suggestion, I would give a 5th, maybe 4th for him... not to say that we would get him at this position but you never know. As far as would he change positions that is also a question of you never know, he can catch the ball, block we would have to see.

But these guys that go into the supplemental drafts they do workouts for NFL teams, this wouldn't be a blind pick. I am sure that teams will ask him if he is willing to play position xyz, and if he says yes then they will have him do position drills, if not they will know before the draft and not put in a bid for him.

You have to remember that this guy is a football player, been playing it ever since he was a lil kid, he has talent all over the board I am sure that he has had to get physical and block people in some point in his career, not saying that he would be good or bad at it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be the hardest thing to learn, especially in the way that the Colts use their TE's

There are guys that play basketball with some football experience that come to the league because of their athleticism and play TE... If they are able to do it I am sure that he has a chance to do it.

Not just the big names, but people like Jimmy Graham, and Jordan Cameron.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Will also add that Graham got drafted in the 3rd, and Cameron in the 4th..
    Why so SERIOUS

I don't think he would be a good TE.. Also would like to point out, he's not near as fast as people think he is.

He's not actually like a Vick type QB.. He's quite a bit slower. But he has long strides and is big enough to break a few tackles here and there. (In college) I would assume he will either be a career backup QB kinda like an OSU guy in Troy Smith, or a starter in another league. Pryor's 40 time was 4.54.. Not slow, but not fast either. Random TE: Clark ran a 4.68. He has been clocked around 4.54 actually.

EDIT: vick was like a 4.3 40 i believe.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 06-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    I don't think he would be a good TE.. Also would like to point out, he's not near as fast as people think he is.

He's not actually like a Vick type QB.. He's quite a bit slower. But he has long strides and is big enough to break a few tackles here and there. (In college) I would assume he will either be a career backup QB kinda like an OSU guy in Troy Smith, or a starter in another league. Pryor's 40 time was 4.54.. Not slow, but not fast either. Random TE: Clark ran a 4.68. He has been clocked around 4.54 actually.

Sure he isn't Vick fast, but Vick is one of the fastest guys in the NFL. At 6'5", running a 4.54 is pretty damn fast. And a 40 time won't tell you everything. I've seen him at game speed, in person. He is fast. Fast enough to create seperation on a lot of CB's. And he is tall enough to give them more trouble.

Do I think he is going to turn out to be some all pro WR? No. But WR is by far the best position for him because of his body + athletic abilities.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post

Pretty much a lot of what I said.. he would run a 4.6 maybe 4.7 if he added 20 lbs... and that he is a long strider...

I doubt that he will stay at QB, Troy smith was more accurate than Pryor, take that for what it is...

I hope his NFL career, at whatever position, will be better than that of his college career...
    Why so SERIOUS

Pretty much a lot of what I said.. he would run a 4.6 maybe 4.7 if he added 20 lbs... and that he is a long strider...

I doubt that he will stay at QB, Troy smith was more accurate than Pryor, take that for what it is...

I hope his NFL career, at whatever position, will be better than that of his college career...
    Well he would be one hell of a pro then. I hate OSU and Pryor with a passion. But he had a great college career. He pretty much broke or was on pace to break every QB record at OSU, won the Sugar Bowl and the Rose Bowl as well as 2 outright Big Ten titles and a piece of another. It ended horribly with all the **** that went down, but you can't deny his on the field results, they were outstanding.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Well he would be one hell of a pro then. I hate OSU and Pryor with a passion. But he had a great college career. He pretty much broke or was on pace to break every QB record at OSU, won the Sugar Bowl and the Rose Bowl as well as 2 outright Big Ten titles and a piece of another. It ended horribly with all the **** that went down, but you can't deny his on the field results, they were outstanding.
    Good points, I guess I was thinking about the as far as expectations and coming up shorter than expected in key situations... Plus he was never able to gain an all big ten selection, always honorable mention. Also the accuracy improvement part of his game that never really improved like he would have liked to.

When I say expectations, I am talking about not from others but those he had for himself.

I know he really wanted his team to win a national championship, assuming he wanted to win big ten post season play or the year.
    Why so SERIOUS

Good points, I guess I was thinking about the as far as expectations and coming up shorter than expected in key situations... Plus he was never able to gain an all big ten selection, always honorable mention. Also the accuracy improvement part of his game that never really improved like he would have liked to.

When I say expectations, I am talking about not from others but those he had for himself.

I know he really wanted his team to win a national championship, assuming he wanted to win big ten post season play or the year.
    One of my favorite memories:

Mood

One of my favorite memories:
    and yet you didn't root for the Heat to fail ? He is an amateur athlete cheering for his failure specifically is

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    and yet you didn't root for the Heat to fail ? He is an amateur athlete cheering for his failure specifically is
    I went to Penn State man! We won that game, the Big Ten title and got to go to the Rose Bowl because of that fumble.

And I don't think we can call him an amateur athlete after what we have found out recently.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

I went to Penn State man! We won that game, the Big Ten title and got to go to the Rose Bowl because of that fumble.

And I don't think we can call him an amateur athlete after what we have found out recently.
    ok i just needed a reason i just don't get people who boo or dislike them for no reason. I don't ever boo or hate amateur athletes because they are exactly that amateurs. He was still considered an amateur but ya i guess he wasn't. But i think the college need to pay the athletes some money to buy food and what not during the season something like $500 month. Because they aren't allowed to work. But that's a different discussion.

Mood

My brother went to college on a full ride scholarship for basketball. It included everything. Tuition? Yep. Room and board? Yep. Three daily meals at any one of several cafeterias? Yep. Parking permit? Yep. Paid meals on road trips? Yep. Special priveledges like being allowed a car on campus as a freshman? Yep. He went to a small mid major college. If you're telling me that Pryor, at Ohio State, didn't already have at least what my bro had and then some, there's no way I would believe that. And my brother wasn't even close to being a star, in fact, after his sophomore year, he barely played.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    ok i just needed a reason i just don't get people who boo or dislike them for no reason. I don't ever boo or hate amateur athletes because they are exactly that amateurs. He was still considered an amateur but ya i guess he wasn't. But i think the college need to pay the athletes some money to buy food and what not during the season something like $500 month. Because they aren't allowed to work. But that's a different discussion.
    Like I said in another thread...athletes already get plenty. Two words...trainer's table, they never need to eat anywhere else.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I think some actual cash each month wouldn't be bad, so maybe they can catch a movie, or take their gf/bf out, or travel, or buy some clothes other than those given to them by the university, even 100 or 200 would be decent...
    Why so SERIOUS

I think some actual cash each month wouldn't be bad, so maybe they can catch a movie, or take their gf/bf out, or travel, or buy some clothes other than those given to them by the university, even 100 or 200 would be decent...
    The thing is that the players who need money can get money from pell grants. Jay Paterno wrote a good article on this:

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...g+a+Great+Deal

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post: