Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread

Default Re: Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread

Like what I've seen from Nevis and Carter. Hopefully they can contribute quickly.

What to expect from Donald Brown, if anything?

Just trying to add things that are not just critical, even though I think that's warranted in several instances.

I'd also say just roll Ijalana out there as a starter for at least the rest of the preseason. Give the guy as much PT as possible now when it doesn't count. It will only speed his development. The sooner he can displace somebody on the right side, the better.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I still think we lose any game w/o Peyton by a good margin but this game gave me some hope. Curtis actually looked like a competent NFL backup, his WRs dropped a few that weren't his fault at all, maybe he really did just need a fire lit under his ***. On that fade route to Brooks you could see Peyton looking on like proud papa, it's pretty clear his teammates want him to succeed, that goes a long way for a QB.

More importantly though the defense looked pretty solid. Multiple sacks and pressures against starters, I'm legitimately encouraged. That squad tonight's not beating Houston but they've got a shot against the Browns and that's all you can really aks for.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like how the Colts used Tommie Harris they just cant over use him. He can still play at a high level but just for short periods of time. Last year he was pissed because the Bears used him like that but it seems like he is humbled and willing to accept that role. Thats good news for Colts fans if Tommie is motivated he can still be very very effective.

I just dont understand how Drave Nevis fell in the draft. Does he have a history of injuries? I just don't get how such a good DT that played at a program like LSU and produced can get over looked. He had a great senior season at LSU what was the knock on him?

Mood

A nice improvement from last week, especially the defense. Although I would surely have handed #49 his greyhound bus ticket home as soon as the game was over if I were Polian.

P4E & H-berg,

I think the rotation and usage of the depth on the DL had a lot to do with the constant pressure after the first or second series...for everyone who saw time. They were very fresh as the game progressed. That's how it's supposed to work, but we just haven't had any quality depth to do it. Hopefully, last night bodes well.

Additionally, they were obviously (the D) playing with great energy and motivation. That's good to see after last week's laughable performance. Again, encouraging.

I will give CP tons of credit for his best performance in preseason (ever?). However, the bomb to Wayne was obviously a busted coverage, and he still left several balls woefully underthrown or mistimed. Although I did think the first deep out of the game Wayne probably should have been able to catch. Anyway, a huge improvemet for Painter.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Ernie Sims looked solid out there too, pretty much the same as some Eaglas fans said he was. Fast and always around the ball but can't cover for crap. For his first live action (right?) of the year, not bad.

On that TD to Finley I thought Angerer actually played it about as well as you could ask for, just a perfect throw to a helluva TE.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ernie Sims looked solid out there too, pretty much the same as some Eaglas fans said he was. Fast and always around the ball but can't cover for crap. For his first live action (right?) of the year, not bad.

On that TD to Finley I thought Angerer actually played it about as well as you could ask for, just a perfect throw to a helluva TE.
    Sims missed a lot of tackles.. hopefully that is just due to missing time in preseason though...

I know we were playing against Rodgers and the GB receivers but our secondary looked horrible..

Does anyone know if Darren Sharper signed with anyone yet... we are going to need help...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sims missed a lot of tackles.. hopefully that is just due to missing time in preseason though...

I know we were playing against Rodgers and the GB receivers but our secondary looked horrible..

Does anyone know if Darren Sharper signed with anyone yet... we are going to need help...

Nope he's still out there.

The Colts looked a lot better but that secondary is suspect

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: