Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread

.... game 1 .....

Curtis Painter still sucks. Took 3 plays.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread

If you watched Purdue Football you didn't need to see him on the Colts to see that he has always sucked.

I can't believe he's on an NFL team let alone our Colts.

I don't watch college sports much at all. Before the drafts for sports I find as much film as possible. With the NBA lockout that'll probably change this year.

Annnnnd "Igor" (Orlovsky) throws a pick. At first viewing that looked like the WR's fault though.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't watch college sports much at all. Before the drafts for sports I find as much film as possible. With the NBA lockout that'll probably change this year.

Annnnnd "Igor" (Orlovsky) throws a pick. At first viewing that looked like the WR's fault though.
    Orlovsky isn't too much better but at least I can recall him being semi decent with the Lions(barring that epic fail of a safety a couple years back)

I get nothing good out of Painter NOTHING.

This is what scares me about the Colts they have no contingency plan if the unthinkable happens.

Are they just going to tank the season if that happens?

Of course they will who am I kidding.

Tanking would mean losing on purpose. In my definition anyway. That's different than just sucking. I'd venture to say we'd just suck.

Part of the problem is that no QB's would want to come here. One, nobody wants to come here knowing Manning hasn't missed a game in forever. They know the odds of playing are slim. Secondly, nobody wants to have to try to fit into a system created for Peyton that's not like any other system if they do have the chance to play. That would be setting yourself up to fail.

Tanking would mean losing on purpose. In my definition anyway. That's different than just sucking. I'd venture to say we'd just suck.

Part of the problem is that no QB's would want to come here. One, nobody wants to come here knowing Manning hasn't missed a game in forever. They know the odds of playing are slim. Secondly, nobody wants to have to try to fit into a system created for Peyton that's not like any other system if they do have the chance to play. That would be setting yourself up to fail.

Well tanking is something the Colts have done before so that's nothing new.

I disagree about no QB's wanting to come here you don't need an elite QB for a backup but a serviceable one like Kyle Orton. Curtis Painter is not serviceable. He's making miss Sorgi

I mean Favre had decent backups: Warner, Hasselbeck, Rodgers(who ended up taking his job)

Why can't the Colts?

Its bad planning on their part.

Yes, bad planning. Clearly we should look for the best undrafted FA ever who won't even throw a pass in the NFL for 5 more years after being our backup. Or we should hope that the guy who was considered for the 1st overall pick (Rodgers) falls all the way down the draft board to us in the mid-20's. That's luck, really.

Are you sure you're a Colts fan? Even during the best stretch this franchise has possibly ever had, you complain like we're being run by Matt Millen. Sheesh.

Yes, bad planning. Clearly we should look for the best undrafted FA ever who won't even throw a pass in the NFL for 5 more years after being our backup. Or we should hope that the guy who was considered for the 1st overall pick (Rodgers) falls all the way down the draft board to us in the mid-20's. That's luck, really.

Are you sure you're a Colts fan? Even during the best stretch this franchise has possibly ever had, you complain like we're being run by Matt Millen. Sheesh.

Yes I'm a Colts fan but I don't need to be a blind homer to be one which is apparently your criteria.

Wanting a decent backup is not a horrible thing to wish for. Manning is 35 years old.

If Polian is this vaunted genius you people think he is you'd expect him to realize that maybe getting a decent backup isn't so awful an idea.

He doesn't need to be a Pro Bowler but someone that can win a few games.

To me that guy is not Curtis Painter.

Well, I guess I would rather be a blind homer, than a whiny nit picking complainer. At least the homer will actually enjoy watching the large amount of success this team has had, as opposed to taking it for granted and complaining about EVERYTHING.

They don't do this, they don't do that, they are tankers who am I kidding, we need a QB, we need this type of a defense, we need, we need, we should be able to ... blah blah ....

Where does the whining stop, really? Can't even discuss a preseason game without it coming out. Bengals, Lions, Browns and NFL fans everywhere except Pittsburgh and New England would kill for the product our pathetically inept management trots out there every year. They must be Colts homers too.

Purdue people treat Curtis Painter like he's the greatest quarterback since sliced bread...at least the ones i'm around
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hummm we have had way too many Great QB's to even "compare Curtis Painter to the best thing since sliced bread"

The pick sucked but he didn't do bad other than that pass... He was 3/6 3 incompletions were a drop on a easy swing pass by Addai, the pick that was too high (it wasn't like he wasn't under pressure with a guy in his face), the pass at the goal-line was a pure timing pass and they really haven't had much time to get that down packed yet(Gonzo and Painter)...

The pass that he made down field was very nice though, he put it in a spot where his guy could get it in tight coverage and wasn't scared to let it fly. This is a very short sample size (just to drives), but I expect to see a lot more out of him next week....

Will say that I am impressed with what Donald Brown did...

Where was Devin Moore, and why wasn't he returning kicks...?

Spann did good out the backfield but not so much in the return game... Him or Gilreath...

Darren did good near the end of the game but that was against meaningless competition, didn't fair as well earlier in the game. First round of cuts is August 30th so he still has some time to show up, but he has to show it when it counts if he wants to stay around, especially with our RB depth.

It will be interesting seeing our two O-line rookies play with the first team.

Nate Davis didn't look good at all, neither did any of the receivers that we had brought in, Brown, Brooks, Gilreath, Williams... TJ will definitely be needed to add depth to our WR position.

Looks like we have a lot of TE's that can catch and run after, the one or two that stay around ill be the ones that show they can block...

Secondary seems so questionable especially after the starting group.

Rookie Safety Joe looked pretty good though, was around the ball often and always secured the tackles.

Kevin Thomas seemed to play a little too safe for a lot of the game, but it has been a yr since he has hit anyone or really played coverage in a game... glad to see that near the end he was actually making decent tackles.

Also I am not as down on Hughes as many people are, he didn't show the motor that I would like him to, but he was good in contain and run support.. he still has a lot to learn and work on, but I am not super worried right now, he will get it together...

I will say after only 2 weeks of practice I expect the guys that are new to the system to not do as well, the next 2 game should provide a lot more informative sample of what to expect from those guys..
    Why so SERIOUS

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Purdue people treat Curtis Painter like he's the greatest quarterback since sliced bread...at least the ones i'm around
    Then they're idiots. I'm a Purdue fan and know plenty others, not one was a fan of Painter.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Then they're idiots. I'm a Purdue fan and know plenty others, not one was a fan of Painter.
    true most of them that i know think way more of Orton. I watch Purdue football and Painter was not good at all at Purdue. He put up numbers due to the system but Orton was in a different league at Purdue than Painter.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    true most of them that i know think way more of Orton. I watch Purdue football and Painter was not good at all at Purdue. He put up numbers due to the system but Orton was in a different league at Purdue than Painter.
    Big Orton fan, even if I am still bitter about the Wisconsin fumble. Such high hopes that year...

Mood

Big Orton fan, even if I am still bitter about the Wisconsin fumble. Such high hopes that year...
    He had a legit shot at the Heisman for awhile that year he was a hell of a college QB.

I don't think there was anyone who liked Curits Painter...ever.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, like I texted my buddy in the first half...classic case of Colts preseason.

Time for the annual "PRESEASON" post.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

BTW, am I the only one that is really happy we have Darren Evans, kid could play at Va Tech.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Not really, but thats mostly because I'm a Ben Davis grad.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    BTW, am I the only one that is really happy we have Darren Evans, kid could play at Va Tech.
    He was a beast at Warren(had to give a shout out to my old HS) and a beast at VT until injuries and Ryan Williams came along. He is a great player and was a first round talent before he hurt his knee. I think it was a great pick up and he is a good player who should of been drafted.

Beast is an understatement. He was arguably the best running back in the country when he hurt his knee. If he can come back healthy, he could be a HUGE pickup for us.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-14-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Mood

Honestly I don't think that he will make the team... His primary use right away for the Colts would be special teams and goalline situations, but with Delone Carter handling goal line duties so well in training camp they really won't have much use for him.

Donald Brown is showing that he still is deserving of PT, then you have Addai, I am expecting James to be cut as well... Colts are probably going to carry 5 RBs at the most with the last two being Moore and Spann, especially if Spann can get his KR stuff together, if not I don't think he will make the team either.

Pretty sure if they get cut though they will get picked up by other teams and if not atleast be signed to the practice squad...
    Why so SERIOUS

Almost 7 years later and that ends up being his most memorable play at Purdue ....

Sadly

Well, I guess I would rather be a blind homer, than a whiny nit picking complainer. At least the homer will actually enjoy watching the large amount of success this team has had, as opposed to taking it for granted and complaining about EVERYTHING.

They don't do this, they don't do that, they are tankers who am I kidding, we need a QB, we need this type of a defense, we need, we need, we should be able to ... blah blah ....

Where does the whining stop, really? Can't even discuss a preseason game without it coming out. Bengals, Lions, Browns and NFL fans everywhere except Pittsburgh and New England would kill for the product our pathetically inept management trots out there every year. They must be Colts homers too.

Yes how dare some of us fans actually expect more out of a team that has the potential to actually be considered a dynasty.

Manning is a once in a lifetime player when he's gone barring some Aaron Rodgers/Steve Young type situation the Colts will be irrelevant for a very long long time. We will never see anything like this ever again.

The Colts want to settle for being good enough and think that's enough to win multiple SB's but its not and never will be and its irritating that they think otherwise. There's nothing wrong with wanting them to improve if everything was perfect with this team we'd never lose and win multiple SBs but they don't. And we're not the Bengals and Lions for a reason because we expect more than they do. They're willing to settle for mediocrity and that's a large part of why they're garbage organizations.

Instead they'll end up being another Favre led Packers which is fine for most teams but really they could've been more. You apparently expect less that's your problem.