Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veteran QB

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Veteran QB

With Peyton still in question, the Colts need a veteran QB. Who do we wanna see or go after? Personally, I wouldnt be apposed to throwin the Ole Gunslinger out there and seein what he can do! But thats just me...

Default Re: Veteran QB

If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, how many different ways can I say F no ??

If its really that bad then the Colts should've had a vet QB before camp started its completely inexcusable not to if that's the case.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If its really that bad then the Colts should've had a vet QB before camp started its completely inexcusable not to if that's the case.
    I think they thought Orlovsky would fill that role.

I just looked at the free agent vet QB's, yikes that is a horrible list.

I say just stick with what we've got. Peyton will play and even a hurt Peyton will be better than any backup.

Plus if we suck, we get a higher pick next year, which could really help us out long term.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I just looked at the free agent vet QB's, yikes that is a horrible list.
    Wonder what the list was like back when Peyton had surgery? Hasselback, Volek, et. al.

If PM ends up missing games, not calling up any of them is something legit to hold against Bill Polian. I mean, did Painter do anything last year? Did anyone expect him NOT to suck?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

from Mike Chappell @indystar.com
    Jim Irsay is at least pondering the possibility of the IndianapolisColts being without quarterback Peyton Manning for the start of the regular season.

On his Twitter account, the team owner wrote: “We r evaluating the QB sitch,#18 healing but we got 2 b prepared 4 early season possibility without him,defense has 2 pick it up,big time!’’

Manning remains on the physically unable to perform list while he completes his rehabilitation from May 23 surgery to repair a bulging disk in his neck.

It has been reported the team has an interest in former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who will be available in Monday’s NFL supplemental draft.

Irsay shot that down, but added an interesting twist to the Colts’ quarterback situation. He wrote: “Not taking Pryor . . .what VET QB would u vote 4 to sign that’s out there? If sum1 has 2 hold the fort early season, who u going with?’’

Manning, the NFL’s only four-time MVP, has started all 208 regular-season games since being selected with the first overall pick in the 1998 draft. The last quarterback to start a regular-season game not named Manning was Jim Harbaugh.

With Manning out of the preseason, the Colts have relied on two-year backup Curtis Painter and veteran Dan Orlovsky. Neither has had much success as the Colts have dropped their first two preseason games.

Jim Irsay needs to stop talking, period. The dude's frankly an embarrassment.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure you'll find anybody much better than Orlovsky. Pennington and Collins have announced retirement. Maybe one of them comes back, but at this juncture can they give you a whole lot more with so little prep, not to mention an offense that will be scaled back in complexity and has yet to prove there's any semblance of a running game?

I mean whatever they have to do now that they've waited this late to truly address this potential scenario. I see no way Painter is capable. I think Orlovsky needs to be assessed next game working with the front-line offensive unit. With the scrubs, he has moved the ball and if Smith doesn't bumble the nice pass on the sideline last week, Orlovlsky may well have a TD drive both games.

EDIT: And since I see Irsay is calling out the D to step us in the possible absence of PM, I'd say invest in another legit NT and maybe even a CB if there's anything worth a hill of beans left or via trade even. Why is Tryon not getting more run early in games? I don't know that he's great, but Lacey has not looked like a starter back to last season.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 08-21-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

What about trading for Kyle Orton? That would clear up the QB situation in Denver, and give us a veteran QB more than capable of holding the fort down until Manning is recovered

I also notice Jake Delhomme appears to be out there. I say meh, but he'd have to be in the discussion if it ends up being the veteran FA route.

Again, I really doubt at this point he's much better than Orlovsky. There is no debating his far superior starting experience though.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

This is all intriguing and media-grabbing, BUT ................ I got 5 cyberbucks that says #18 has his hands under Saturday's butt on opening day.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Irsay's idiotic Twitter rambling aside, the Colts are indeed interested in Pryor. Don't listen to anything that moron Irsay says, he also said Peyton would be ready for TRAINING CAMP at the time of his surgery the regular season aside.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/8/2...colts#comments

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Irsay's idiotic Twitter rambling aside, the Colts are indeed interested in Pryor. Don't listen to anything that moron Irsay says, he also said Peyton would be ready for TRAINING CAMP at the time of his surgery the regular season aside.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/8/2...colts#comments
    of course the are interested they wouldn't of sent a scout to his workout if they aren't. But what do you want Irsay to say "OMG I really want Pyror hope he falls to the 6th"? That would be stupid either say you have no interest or no comment is the best way to go about it IMO. I still doubt they get him someone like Miami are desperate and there fan base wants change badly. So they probably overpay

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    What about trading for Kyle Orton? That would clear up the QB situation in Denver, and give us a veteran QB more than capable of holding the fort down until Manning is recovered
    Denver wants a 2nd round pick I can guaranteed that you wont trade for him. Plus he makes 9m this year so it makes 0 sense.

Jim Sorgi is still have free agent I believe I bet that's who the Colts go after or Jake D or maybe even Brodie Croyle
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-21-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    of course the are interested they wouldn't of sent a scout to his workout if they aren't. But what do you want Irsay to say "OMG I really want Pyror hope he falls to the 6th"? That would be stupid either say you have no interest or no comment is the best way to go about it IMO. I still doubt they get him someone like Miami are desperate and there fan base wants change badly. So they probably overpay
    Forget a scout, Irsay went himself, and they have also brought him in and did a physical... maybe they are interested in taking him just not specifically at QB...

P.S. I will be extremely surprised if Peyton doesn't start the first game... I would think he would start even if he was only at 70%... that is just the way tat Peyton is.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I think they thought Orlovsky would fill that role.

If that were the case why are they saying that they may need to consider getting a vet QB now?

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Forget a scout, Irsay went himself, and they have also brought him in and did a physical... maybe they are interested in taking him just not specifically at QB...

P.S. I will be extremely surprised if Peyton doesn't start the first game... I would think he would start even if he was only at 70%... that is just the way tat Peyton is.
    Peyton isn't playing if there is any chance that he will be worse off for the effort. It isn't a matter of just being 70% because at 70% he still better than anyone else we could have.
    When Irsay says PM missing the start I hear 3-4 games.

Irsay is just messing with people now. He just posted on Twitter that he's in Hattiesburg, MS.......
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Yeah Irsay is a joker always kidding around about something... I have no worries that Peyton will be starting the first game of the season...

I will add that Collie and Gonzo will be ready as well...

I am just ready to see Pryor in action in a Colts jersey, lol j/p he probably wont get any PT until next year...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I am just ready to see Pryor in action in a Colts jersey...
    Did he trade some OSU gear for a Colts jersey ??

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Did he trade some OSU gear for a Colts jersey ??
    lol not yet but I am hoping the Colts pick him up tomorrow with a 4th maybe 5th rd pick...
    Why so SERIOUS

we open the season against a division rival...

i thought it was pretty obvious that irsay said this to screw with the Texans

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkster View Post
    we open the season against a division rival...

i thought it was pretty obvious that irsay said this to screw with the Texans
    As little as I think of Irsay why do this now?

He could've done it last season too.