Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing a new feature: "The Digest"

Default Re: Testing a new feature: "The Digest"

There's a tooltip on the nba.com scoreboard that reads something like "errors in foreign movie dubbings".
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

There's a tooltip on the nba.com scoreboard that reads something like "errors in foreign movie dubbings".
    You're right. I'll fix that.

Fixed.

This new feature makes the site run very slowly for me. It took about 3-4 minutes just for this thread to display! And I'm on a cable connection!

I don't think I'll be able to visit the site from my home computer if the navigation type for the digest feature stays as it is now (at least I have a super fast connection at work, but even then there is a noticable lag compared to before this feature was added).

That's my 2 cents.

(BTW, I had to re-register here because my account was zapped when the server went down last month. )
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Thiste run very slowly for me. It took about 3-4 minutes just for this thread to display! And I'm on a cable connection!

I don't think I'll be able to visit the site from my home computer if the navigation type for the digest feature stays as it is now (at least I have a super fast connection at work, but even then there is a noticable lag compared to before this feature was added).

That's my 2 cents.

(BTW, I had to re-register here because my account was zapped when the server went down last month. )
    Actually, the reason you lost it is because we've switched to a totally new server and had to start from scratch.

As for the Digest, I'm on cable here at home and it hasn't slowed me down. But it did seem slow when I was on campus the other day.

As for the Digest, I'm on cable here at home and it hasn't slowed me down. But it did seem slow when I was on campus the other day.
    Where do you go to school, Hicks?

IndyToad
    Baby back ribs...

Where do you go to school, Hicks?

IndyToad
    Baby back ribs...
    Ball State

Did you put some kind of fade in effect on when you come to the board?

Did you put some kind of fade in effect on when you come to the board?
    The menu has faded in since it got here.