Thread: NBA contraction not the solution

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default NBA contraction not the solution

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08...37&feedID=3799

The Indiana Pacers? They have a quality fan base, a basketball history and new arena — and their owner, Herb Simon, is worth $3.5 billion. It's frankly laughable to hear the Pacers talk about how they are a money loser over the years; it's like me saying I only get one-percent interest from my crummy little bank account without revealing I'm a ground-floor stockholder in Halliburton and Apple.

Wow
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA contraction not the solution

Talk about misrepresentation of the truth. Businesses that continually post losses, don't stay in business. That's common sense.

If the league was complaining about a 1% profit margin, then the owners wouldn't have public opinion on their side. But it's pretty hard to argue with their point, when almost 70% of your league is losing money, in a big way.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talk about misrepresentation of the truth. Businesses that continually post losses, don't stay in business. That's common sense.

If the league was complaining about a 1% profit margin, then the owners wouldn't have public opinion on their side. But it's pretty hard to argue with their point, when almost 70% of your league is losing money, in a big way.
    I think, and could be wrong, the writer was implying if you are woth 3.5 Billion , to even "talk" about losing money is pointless
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's worth 3.5billion because he doesn't operate a business that routinely loses money.

People are rich because they make good investments. If you want to stay rich, you don't flush your money down the toilet.

A lot of NBA players don't understand the concept of investing, which is why we have stories like Spreewell getting his yacht repossessed.

Millionaires and billionaires go bankrupt frequently. It's not like they have an endless pit of money to reach into. Donald Trump, at one time, was pretty much broke. He managed to be almost a full billion dollars in the hole, personally. And much more than that through his business.

It can all fall apart quickly, if you make stupid investment after stupid investment.