Thread: Comments from Mike Kahn

Default Comments from Mike Kahn

I have not seen these posted but nothing we don't already know. I did find the comments about Al interesting.

: It's hard to fathom why so many NBA wise guys keep believing the Pacers traded Al Harrington to Atlanta for Stephen Jackson primarily because Harrington didn't want to come off the bench anymore. Sure, that had something to do with it, but Harrington's play was always erratic, and the Pacers needed an heir apparent to Reggie Miller at shooting guard and the opportunity to give Jonathan Bender major minutes.

What it really means: Jackson is a dogged defender on the perimeter, which plays right into the way coach Rick Carlisle wants to play. He'll be out of control on offense from time to time, but he is a great streak shooter. The bigger question is Bender, the young 7-footer who isn't likely to play in the preseason because of a bruise on his surgically repaired knee. Although has bulked up to more than 235 pounds, he has yet to prove he can consistently wow anybody outside of practice because of one injury or another. This is his sixth season; it's time for him to make a move -- or be moved.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Comments from Mike Kahn

-snip-What it really means: Jackson is a dogged defender on the perimeter, which plays right into the way coach Rick Carlisle wants to play. He'll be out of control on offense from time to time, but he is a great streak shooter.
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I was on the fence about the trade at the time, but I'm starting to be really glad we got rid of Al.

I watched the second half of the Atl game last night, and they look awful. I'm already on the record as saying that they'd be the worst team in the league, but even I was shocked at how putrid they are. As Marv and Doug said, they'll be watching the waiver wire for a point guard, shooting guard, and center. Not backups, but starters. Dominique Wilkens pretty much admitted on camera that their PG situation is a joke.

As for Al, he's averaging 14 and 6 on 37% shooting. I can live with that, being preseason and on a bad team and all, but get a load of this. In 5 games, he's had 23 turnovers, vs. 6 assists.

Doug said Al's gonna have a real hard time getting used to being the first option and being double teamed. I'd say so.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -snip-What it really means: Jackson is a dogged defender on the perimeter, which plays right into the way coach Rick Carlisle wants to play. He'll be out of control on offense from time to time, but he is a great streak shooter.
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Not necessarily. You can take it as he goes on great streaks, or he's great at being streaky. With time and practice, maybe he'll become the best streak shooter ever!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Jackson scores in bunches (sorta like Jalen) He is a streak shooter and a streak scorer

Well, we all know Al doesn't pass the ball.

But in all fairness, who's he gonna pass to?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Besides Walker, who is a black-hole himeself Ehmmm.... nobody, I guess. I hope for the sake of Atlanta that young kid will give them something, but I doubt he will amount to very much the first few years, still you never really know.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

except for the losing on a nightly basis, i would think al will be thrilled about this. he only has one other guy to deal with in terms of sharing the ball. i can't recall off hand but, al's assist/turnover ratio was pretty bad here too. i lost count how many times it happend watching him get the ball and i could see that no matter what, he wasn't going to pass. he was going to take that shot if he was double or even triple teamed. this is at least a situation where al has excuses at hand for his turnover to assist ratio.