Thread: Thank You Al Harrington!

Default Thank You Al Harrington!

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Al Harrington to going to Donnie and Larry and asking to be traded. His forsight and thoughfulness for the future of the Pacers should not go unrecognized and we should think about declaring the day first home game "Al Harrington Day". Maybe give him a key to the city?

His unselfeshness has allowed us to acquire a reserve that in 3 preseason games is averaging 21.7 PPG in just 25.3 MPG! (I know its the preseason, but that is still better than any other Pacer)

I am impressed that he had the forsight to see that SJAX would be just what the Pacers needed. Giving up his spot on the team so the Pacers could get a player they needed was an incredibly unselfesh move on his part and he should be recognized for it.

So please join me in saying "Thanks Al!"

MarcD
    "Because clever got me this far, then tricky got me in..."

Jerm

Default Re: Thank You Al Harrington!

Thanks Al!

Good luck becoming the Incredible Hawk.

Al. U D Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks big fella.

(as most of you should know by now, I'm a big SJAX fan so this makes it better for me, selfishly)

Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Great post, Marcd.

The black hole went out unselfishly.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you AL!!!!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

yeh, it is only preseason. but, this is looking like a great pickup. sjax has great size for the sg spot and is proving he can put up numbers that we have been sorely lacking in the backcourt. and if pollard can prove last year was a fluke and give simaler numbers he put up against minnesota, he will actually be a big help. i will keep my fingers crossed.

***... I miss Baby Al....

As much as AJax could and should be good for the team I Still Miss Al

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

I've been watching the Hawks also.

Al is finding out what it is like to be the number 1 option. Ain't as easy as it looks.

Trying to play him at small forward is a big mistake, and if he is your number option you aren't going to be a very good team. And when Kevin
    willis is your best big guy, well the Hawks are bad, real bad.

Man if we win the Championship the Pacers should get a plastic Ring, and give it to Harrington.

Oh yeah bye-bye you big baby.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I watched Al tonight. Not pretty.

The Hawks are awful.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

It occured to me tonight watching that game that if they were giving away a bonehead award for this summer Kobe and Harrington would have to share the award.

Kobe runs the one of the most dominant centers of all time out of town and kisses goodbye to his chances of winning another championship. Could you imagine Magic running Jabbar out of town or Cousy telling Auberbach he doesn't want to play with Russell? Real smart move Kobe.

Now you look at Harrington. He requests a trade from a 61 win team with a great chance to win a championship that plays in one of the nicest arenas in the league and in front of great basketball fans. Why? So he can start in Atlanta and play next to Antoine Walker in front of 200 fans a night in one of the worse sports cities in America and one of the worse franchises in the NBA. It will be a miracle if they win 30 games. That's worse punishment than Martha Stewart received and he requested it.
    [edit=73=1098525260][/edit]