Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Peyton Deserve more $$$ Than Tom Brady?

Banned

Default Does Peyton Deserve more $$$ Than Tom Brady?

I say no.

Default Re: Does Peyton Deserve more $$$ Than Tom Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say no.
    They deserve as much cash as they can get but that doesn't mean its whats good for the team.

If Peyton gets 23-25 mill per year I don't want to hear anything about a weak defense or subpar special teams from Polain or Manning.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I say no.
    ..... and you'd be wrong.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Does it matter? Whoever has the newest contract gets the biggest historically.

I don't disagree about some of Peyton's faults (and there are few), and what his price tag does to team at times.

But I've heard the same spiel for years now from many of poster. You can script these baited threads at this point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraft For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is this seriously in question?

Of course he does.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Banned

Brady did sign earlier but he took a pay cut so New England could fill in their holes. Peyton isnt doing this. Irsay said he will make 18 the Highest Paid Player in NFL.

I am not criticizing him for getting all the money he can. He is 35. QB's are very protected in the NFL, It is their league. They dont take as many hits ie rule changes.

Would you rather have a 35 year old Manning @ 28 million or Tom Brady @ 18 million is all? I would rather have Tom Brady. I think Manning is a better QB but not 10 million better.

Face it Manning wants a 5 year 120 million dollar deal @ least. He is the face of the franchise, the league, & the reason we still have football in Indy, but how much is too much?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2773817

Peyton understands the team concept. Irsay wanted to sign him before the lockout, and Peyton said no. I would imagine it was for a number of reasons. Not knowing the cap situation after the lockout, I assume, was a pretty big one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Know what NE did with that money Brady didn't take? Nothing.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2773817

Peyton understands the team concept. Irsay wanted to sign him before the lockout, and Peyton said no. I would imagine it was for a number of reasons. Not knowing the cap situation after the lockout, I assume, was a pretty big one.
    Don't anoint him because he restructured his contract. He still got the $$, only in a different way. It's Irsay's fault for spewing that Manning will be the highest paid player in the league. Great Jimmy - cap has gone DOWN and you're ready to blow your load on 1 guy. Smoooooooooooooth.

Give Manning a deal worth $18,000,001 a year. Viola - highest paid.

Funny how you point out that he can get his money in a different way, you know a way that doesn't hurt the cap space as much, and then complain that all the space will be gone by signing him.

I didn't mean to appoint him anything. I'm saying there's a way he can get paid, and a way that his whole check won't be against the cap.

Just like he's done for the past 10 years. I doubt he's going to get greedy now, considering he hasn't been greedy since.

If you want the best, you better be willing to pay them the best.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, because he means more to the Colts success than Brady does to the Patriots. Both are two of the best QB's of all time, but take Peyton off the Colts for a season and they aren't winning 10 games and competing for a playoff spot like the Patriots did two years ago.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Well its relative isn't it?

I'm more bothered by Irsay doing an about face now and playing this out in the media when his dumbass opened his trap willingly I might add about making Manning the highest paid.

Now he's "Well I'm not sure we can pay him that much without breaking the bank"....

Would I like for him to take less? Sure but I'm not going to expect it nor be upset if he doesn't either.

Him taking less doesn't necessarily mean the team will improve I mean what would they do with the extra money? Pay for the likes of Hank Baskett?

I mean its not like they ever go into the FA at least with Manning I know we'll be getting something out of him.

It all depends how you look at it.

Peyton is (In my opinion) far more valuable to the Colts than Brady is to the Pats.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Patriots suck.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Banned

The deal is this the Colts need to position themselves for the future and also win another superbowl title or 2 in the next 3 years.

In the playoff game last year you had B Edwards open most every play and got beat by an avg QB w/ a bad shoulder. The Colts also cant convert on 3rd & short or stop the run. This has been going on for 3 seasons and wont be a quick fix. I hope the rookies we drafted w/ the 2011 picks and an UDFA or 2 can be a quick fix on the line and in the running game both stopping & converting.

I am a huge fan & just want what is best for the organization. I am not mocking or criticizing anybody. Look @ Mannings options Mia or Washington. Yes every team would love to have him but be realistic. Irsay is in a stance he could play hard ball but has already came out saying You will be the highest paid player.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Know what NE did with that money Brady didn't take? Nothing.
    Albert Haynesworth

and im sure there will be more. If Brady takes all he could they probably couldn't afford to bring in a perfect fit for there 3-4 at NT/DE in Albert. Who i believe will make a huge impact now that he is in a good system to him. Albert was the most dominate player on defense two years ago and he very well could return to that form.

Patriots still suck.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Patriots still suck.

you can say that all you want but the fact of the matter is they are one of the best managed football teams and make excellent moves year in and year out. I wish the Bears front office was half as good as the Patriots or even how the Packers have drafted and operated the past few years.

Banned

The way it is IS THIS

Bill Bellicheat Runs the Patriots

Peyton runs the Colts

The Colts dont have a single person in their organization to go up against P18 He is God!!!! In the national media he is a choke artist w/ a sub .500 playoff record.

And then Jim Irsay comes in

@JimIrsay
    We didn't make a NFL record 9 straight playoff births with bad cap management n dumb signings of other people's problems, we like 2 pay r own

Banned

Irsay needs to be reminded they have been 0 - 1 a record 7 times in those 9 playoff appearences!!!!!!

No, I'm pretty sure he's aware of the record. But you also have to make the playoffs before you can win a championship.

Which would you rather do. Make the playoffs and lose, or not make the playoffs and lose? Especially when you're not limping into the playoffs, considering they hold another NFL record for most consecutive 12 win seasons before it was snapped last year.

I would rather have the Colts track record over the Giants, and NO. Well every team other than NE and Pitt.

Those ARE accomplishments. Not as higher esteemed as multiple rings, but accomplishments none-the-less.

Banned

I just am questioning the decisions of the front office. I understand you cant fix anything over night. The window is closing fast & I question our front office for not drafting Defense. I really hope our OL was as bad as advertised because after Jax & TN drafted rookie QB's I would have went D,D,D and won the division first.

The problem we need to address is how are we losing in the playoffs? Was it the offensive line vs NYJ? I feel it was the depleted defensive secondary.

NFL is a crazy league. Look @ Pitt & the NFC teams they go to the superbowl then miss the playoffs the next year. I would take two rings in 5 years over 60 regular season victories & 1 ring.

I just want another parade downtown.

I just am questioning the decisions of the front office. I understand you cant fix anything over night. The window is closing fast & I question our front office for not drafting Defense. I really hope our OL was as bad as advertised because after Jax & TN drafted rookie QB's I would have went D,D,D and won the division first.

The problem we need to address is how are we losing in the playoffs? Was it the offensive line vs NYJ? I feel it was the depleted defensive secondary.

NFL is a crazy league. Look @ Pitt & the NFC teams they go to the superbowl then miss the playoffs the next year. I would take two rings in 5 years over 60 regular season victories & 1 ring.

I just want another parade downtown.

A GM that has an overinflated opinion of himself never mind that he never addresses the real problems after all he knows everything his 1-5 record in the SB proves it

A special teams that sucks regardless but is always ignored when it comes to being fixed.

Lack of running game, bad o-line

And of course a coach that has rocks for brains.

Mood

Ocho cinco going to the Patriots also