Thread: Harrington To Also Miss Tuesday's Game

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Harrington To Also Miss Tuesday's Game

The Indystar's recap of the Miami game includes this tidbit:

Those four reserves combined for 32 points, 19 rebounds, nine assists and three turnovers despite the absence of sixth man Al Harrington, who sat out the game -- and will miss Tuesday's game at Chicago -- with a sore right knee.
    Well, I hope the extended rest is just what Al needs to help out his ailing knee.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Default Re: Harrington To Also Miss Tuesday's Game

Caption under Pollard photo in article:

Jarred: Scot Pollard, who had nine rebounds off the bench, looses control of the ball. -- AJ Mast / The Star

AJ Mast aka Ragnar. :P

Southside_Pacer

Good time to miss some games too with the All Star break coming up.

We're going to need him down the home stretch. Sounds like O'Neal really muffed his knee up when they were playing that one on one game.

damn...this means i wont get to see him when i go to the game....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I think "looses" is French.

Good.

I was hoping the plan was to use the All-Star break to get him an extended rest.

I wonder if Bender will play on Tuesday?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Sports Logo

Caption under Pollard photo in article:

Jarred: Scot Pollard, who had nine rebounds off the bench, looses control of the ball. -- AJ Mast / The Star

AJ Mast aka Ragnar. :P
    Its a good thing I was not taking a drink of my pepsi when I read that.

Anyway nothing and I mean nothing would make me happier than to eat my words on Pollard. I was cheering him on last night (not that he could hear me through the TV) every time he got a rebound or a put back. I was upset that Rick took him out of the game when he did. I thought he deserved to stay in there.

Last night was far and away his best perfomance of the season. Of course our expectations are a lot lower now but hey 9 rebounds is 9 rebounds.

Good.

I was hoping the plan was to use the All-Star break to get him an extended rest.

It certainly shapes up to be another gift oppotunity for Bender... if the team hasn't already given up on him. Can he answer the bell?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Good.

It certainly shapes up to be another gift oppotunity for Bender... if the team hasn't already given up on him. Can he answer the bell?

-Bball
    Now have you (and others) considered what it would mean if he does?

What IF:

Bender is "usefull" or better still ?
    Pollie comes into his stride and the 9 R 6 P was just a start

Do we recognize we have not played KA for months now, still have Brewer (and Brezec and Jones) on the IRL ?

Who's moving to the end of the bench? do we even have an end to our bench if those players start playing up to expectations?

The way Fred is playing lately he's becoming an integral part of this team, so we can not move him back to the end of the bench.

Are we to be in "luxuryland" in the near future?

Man, this definitely could become stuff dreams are made of, if those players start living up to potential we would become more then a serious contender, with a bench like that we would be outright favorite!

woohooo

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

jtfourh

There's no way to give enough guys enough minutes if all are healthy. Those that don't get the minutes will remain inconsistent.

If someone gets hurt though--except Jermaine--we can feel pretty good that there is someone there to replace him.