Thread: Colts sign Tommie Harris

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts sign Tommie Harris

Straight from the fingers of Irsay:

JimIrsay Jim Irsay
    Tommie Harris a Colt..Anderson n Harris should help,good work on Chris Polian's part!!!!!
    8 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Default Re: Colts sign Tommie Harris

Another good move on the defensive side today. If he can just stay healthy, he could have a productive year with us.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love how we have so many guys on the defensive front that can rotate... I mean not all are superstars but they all can contribute...

New defensive front
    DE Mathis, Hughes, Freeney, Anderson, Foster
    DT Johnson, Moala, Harris, Nevis, Foster

I am happy with that group... no other players needed at that position now...

Lets just work on bringing in some secondary depth now...

Kevin Thomas who knows if he will ever be healthy enough to contribute. Tryon played okay but... idk.... Chris Rucker... I have a feeling he won't really do much.

and Safety just looks thin to me.. I hope Joe Legrend or whatever his name is really shows up... I would love to bring in another versatile S, I doubt we will get Whitner let me just say that now..
    Why so SERIOUS

A DT! Finally!

I hope he can stay healthy

I'm liking that the Colts aren't doing the same old same old here and at least getting people who fix serious needs.

If only they got a better special teams coach.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A DT! Finally!

I'm liking that the Colts aren't doing the same old same old here and at least getting people who fix serious needs.

yeah... but I will say that one of the big problems last year with special teams is that most of the people that should have been on special teams were playing quality time because of all the injuries.... which caused our special teams to be filled with FA's who really didn't have much experience...

I think we will be much better at it this year though...
    Why so SERIOUS

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    yeah... but I will say that one of the big problems last year with special teams is that most of the people that should have been on special teams were playing quality time because of all the injuries.... which caused our special teams to be filled with FA's who really didn't have much experience...

I think we will be much better at it this year though...
    But our ST has always been garbage though Superbowl 44 was a painful reminder and well last year's playoff loss

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A DT! Finally!

He is done u will be lucky if he can be a 1 down guy

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He is done u will be lucky if he can be a 1 down guy
    Says the Bears fan, bitter that Harris couldn't stay healthy enough to earn the $40 million contract they gave him.
    Grown Man Ball

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    Says the Bears fan, bitter that Harris couldn't stay healthy enough to earn the $40 million contract they gave him.
    no im speaking as a guy that has seen him play his whole career. One of my favorite Bears and really the main reason we made the Superbowl in 06. I dont get bitter about money in NFL it isnt my money. But NBA is different MDJ making 11m pisses me off.(because a bad contract in the NBA is way more toxic)

If he is healthy he is a 3 down warrior who is above a pro bowl level but his knee is really bad reminds me of Lofa Tatupu (who is rumored to become a bear) just sad that injury's have to kill their careers.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-03-2011 at 12:22 AM.

I understand what you're saying, but I refuse to believe the Colts would sign him if he was chronically injured

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I refuse to believe the Colts would sign him if he was chronically injured
    He's not chronically injured in the way Bob Sanders is. His knee is shot, and it has robbed him of the explosiveness that made him special.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a pretty good year, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was cut at the end of camp. My guess is that he will have an average year with a few glimpses of what he used to be.

If only they got a better head coach.
    Fixed. Or at least a full-time clock management consultant. Not that I'm still bitter about the Jets game or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Granville View Post
    He's not chronically injured in the way Bob Sanders is. His knee is shot, and it has robbed him of the explosiveness that made him special.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a pretty good year, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was cut at the end of camp. My guess is that he will have an average year with a few glimpses of what he used to be.
    If he can just keep linemen on the line of scrimmage I'm okay with it. with Mathis and Freeney on the corners I don't care how the DTs play as long as they do an average job. That's all you need with two pro bowl DE's.

Banned

The Colts are adding depth. They cant sign the big names but a lot of these signings (Anderson/Harris/Sims) only have this last shot it is going to be tough to make this roster. I am not expecting any of them to be impact players.

The Colts are addressing needs ie run stoppers w/ Harris & Anderson. I am fine with that. I agree w/ Really? the secondary needs to be addressed next.

Harris is definitely a shell of his former self. Even though he's still not as explosive and able to disrupt the backfield as he once could, he still doesn't get pushed off the line of scrimmage. Harris was rated only slightly below average at stopping the run by profootballfocus. Any Colts fan should be content with bringing him in for depth.

I don't know how much Harris has left but he could have enough to be better than the other DTs. He doesn't have to be a pro bowl level player to be an upgrade for the Colts.

With that said I have not seen or read anything positive that he can be a significant contributor simply because of his knee.

Really no harm in signing him. If the Colts and other teams showed interest they must believe he can potentially help them out. I am just not going to get my hopes up that he can play a lot of downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Fixed. Or at least a full-time clock management consultant. Not that I'm still bitter about the Jets game or anything...
    they have one. His name is Peyton Manning, and trust me, he's still quite bitter too

apparently it's not enough that he runs the offense, I wouldn't be surprised if he stands right next to caldwell when the D is on the field this year..just to pull jimmy's head out of his @$$ in clock management situations

Mood

The way that Nevis is getting talked about at camp he could wind up seeing a ton of time during the season... happy we have him...
    Why so SERIOUS