Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950. Update: Schultz moving to 1260 with Query

  1. #1

    Default Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950. Update: Schultz moving to 1260 with Query

    Sorry, but I had to make a new thread for this. I know I'm going to get killed for this post because everyone here loves this guy, and I have nothing against him as a person because I don't know him, but I absolutely cannot listen to him on the radio and here's why...

    http://www.sbnation.com/users/Anthon...sons%20Haircut

    That is his profile page on SBnation, and his description says "Knicks fan that grew up in CT now stranded in Indianapolis." Stranded. Really.

    The guy hates our town and hates our teams... how in the world does he have a local radio show here? It's almost embarrassing to me. Maybe I'm shallow and petty, but I refuse to listen to this guy, and I guess I'm a little surprised that I seem to be the only one who feels this way...?
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-04-2011 at 07:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    410

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    I have never listened to the guys show so I should just shut my mouth, but I agree with you. It irks me to listen to people with disdain for where they find themselves. If he doesn't like Indy, then please pursue greener pastures. Otherwise, it seems likely that Indy is the place that provides the best career/life he can get at this point, so don't bemoan it.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,683

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    I don't see why that would make you not want to listen to him. (although I disagree with your idea that he hates the local teams I do not hear him say anything that leads me to think he hates the local teams)

    I tend to listen to him because he talks about the Pacers and the NBA more than the other two stations.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    537
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    From what I have gathered since he took over the show (listen to him daily) he does not loathe Indiana. He hardly ever talks Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers...or any of his other teams. He will talk about them for a brief second. He always talks Pacers and Colts, IU Basketball, Butler, Notre Dame. You should give him a shot, to me he covers the NBA the best.

  6. #5
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why that would make you not want to listen to him.
    The fact that his station's signal is shoddy at best and entirely nonexistent at worst makes me not want to listen to him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  7. #6
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I'm going to get killed for this post because everyone here loves this guy
    We do? I'm not sure I've even heard of him before now, and I don't recall others discussing him. Maybe in the college threads I rarely look at? This comment really confused me.

    That is his profile page on SBnation, and his description says "Knicks fan that grew up in CT now stranded in Indianapolis." Stranded. Really.

    The guy hates our town and hates our teams... how in the world does he have a local radio show here? It's almost embarrassing to me. Maybe I'm shallow and petty, but I refuse to listen to this guy, and I guess I'm a little surprised that I seem to be the only one who feels this way...?
    I've never listened to him, nor was I planning to... but I'll certainly keep this in mind. That's ridiculous of him and the station.

  8. #7
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    I like him because he's the only one in the afternoons that really talks Pacers on an extended level. I could give 2 ***** where he's from, what teams he's for, or what he thinks of the city. I just want good radio.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    The Dude Abides MrSparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Hey, that's just like your opinion, man.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSparko For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    537
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    I don't know why bphil feels the need to state this in every thread he gets a chance, and to start new topics. Personally, I feel this should be moved to the Market Square forum since it's not really Pacer related.

  13. #10
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,678

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    it's more or less a hhgttg referal (stranded on earth)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  14. #11
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,372
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Schultz did claim on Twitter today that he believes in the LJ 4-point play...and that it was actually a real foul on Antonio.

  15. #12
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,931

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Schultz did claim on Twitter today that he believes in the LJ 4-point play...and that it was actually a real foul on Antonio.
    Well, it was a foul on Antonio.... It was the "continuation" that most have trouble with.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,807

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's more or less a hhgttg referal (stranded on earth)
    Hopefully he has his towel.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  18. #14
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,496

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Well, I don't listen to him.....signal is weak everywhere in the city. 1070 the fan all the time for me.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  19. #15
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,817

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    wow...i clicked on the thread thinking it said Detlef Schrempf...i can't read

  20. #16

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow...i clicked on the thread thinking it said Detlef Schrempf...i can't read
    I would definitely listen to a show hosted by Detlef Schrempf.

  21. #17
    Member Grover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    83

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by bphil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would definitely listen to a show hosted by Detlef Schrempf.
    I think he does do a show down in Pawnee.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grover For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    537
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Derek is going to 1260 with Jake Query starting on August 15th.

  24. #19

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Derek is going to 1260 with Jake Query starting on August 15th.
    Just found an article about that here...

    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2011/0...trick-on-wnde/

    Says Schultz is going to be the producer which is where he belongs. Query is from Indy, graduated from NC. Works for me.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to bphil For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,683

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    I have always liked Jake and have thought he was worthy of having his own show.

    Says Schultz will have an on-air presense as the show's producer.

    I assume that means XL 950 is not doing a local show

  27. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    537
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950

    Why wouldn't you assume that XL950 will find a replacement for Schultz?

  28. #22
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,049
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950


  29. #23
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,683

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950. Update: Schultz moving to 1260 with Query

    I updated the thread title

  30. #24
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,431

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950. Update: Schultz moving to 1260 with Query

    Not a fan of Query, kind of a know-it-all. Comes across arrogant, at little angryish, but not in a funny way, more in a compensating sort of way. At least thats how he sounded on WIBC and when he's filled in for others. Maybe he'll be better now, who knows.

  31. #25
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why I can't listen to Derek Schultz on XL950. Update: Schultz moving to 1260 with Query

    None of them got anything on these two excuses for radio sports talk jocks:

    http://youtu.be/j9siBpK4ZO0

    More info:
    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2011/0...-kevin-wilson/

    I've heard high schoolers with more radio skill than Jack and some guy named Zakk.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Similar Threads

  1. Derek Fisher to give the Saints their pregame speech on September 9th
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
  2. Derek Anderson blasts Browns fans
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM
  3. Ex-Sonics owner: Stern urged me to drop lawsuit
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 08:44 PM
  5. Did anyone else see Jermaine and Derek at the Colt game?
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •