Thread: Manning: I don't need to be highest-paid player

Talking Manning: I don't need to be highest-paid player

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Manning: I don't need to be highest-paid player

Thanks... was just about to post this for those folks that kept suggesting that Peyton wouldn't take any less... come on now guys... now that is out of the way lets get to spending ...

P.S. This doesn't mean go out and overpay Addai...
    Why so SERIOUS

I love that he made this public. I have heard for a while now (from all the Peyton haters) that he doesn't care about winning and he just wants the money.

I just hope the Colts use the money wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love that he made this public. I have heard for a while now (from all the Peyton haters) that he doesn't care about winning and he just wants the money.

I just hope the Colts use the money wisely.
    All I am going to say is that there is a reason why this is taking so long. Personally I think Manning wants the best of both worlds (a good team and getting as much money as possible).

I think this deal would have been done if Peyton took a a 18 million dollar contract.

I figured that would be the case folks will say otherwise like PFT can't change that I guess.

But now what?

I mean if its not the $$$ what's the hold up?

Anyone who thinks this deal is what's keeping the Colts from joining the FA frenzy doesn't know this team at all they don't go for the Nnamdi's of the world that much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    All I am going to say is that there is a reason why this is taking so long. Personally I think Manning wants the best of both worlds (a good team and getting as much money as possible).

I think this deal would have been done if Peyton took a a 18 million dollar contract.
    Lol. He probably does want the best of both worlds. Who doesn't or wouldn't in his situation?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Young For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exactly... Peyton will probably wait until everyone else is signed and then work out a deal... not really worried all that much... Colts are going to only target their players so it really doesn't matter much as long as we get them signed the FO will be happy..

Really I hope we get the ROOKIES signed they need to be in camp right now more than anyone, especially when some are supposed to be starting this year... and at the tackle positions... hummm that might end up being a stretch for this year...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Exactly... Peyton will probably wait until everyone else is signed and then work out a deal... not really worried all that much... Colts are going to only target their players so it really doesn't matter much as long as we get them signed the FO will be happy..

Really I hope we get the ROOKIES signed they need to be in camp right now more than anyone, especially when some are supposed to be starting this year... and at the tackle positions... hummm that might end up being a stretch for this year...
    It matters when other teams are targeting your players as well and we did go after other team players as well (Weddle).

The FA pool is drying up and for sure this deal not being done has limited our ability to sign guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    It matters when other teams are targeting your players as well and we did go after other team players as well (Weddle).

The FA pool is drying up and for sure this deal not being done has limited our ability to sign guys.
    Really? Other than Clint Session who was overpaid who have we lost?

And you really thought this team was going after Eric Weddle?

I knew he wasn't going to come here. If anything I could see Eric's agent putting names out there so the Chargers would pay him more.

Even if Manning takes less they won't spend that much on FA I don't get why others think otherwise.