Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

  1. #1
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the pre-season........

    It's for the best. I like that he'll get the next 12 days to just rest it, and not try to work it.

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    I'm for it just because I want to see our other players get some PT. If only they weren't all injured...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Good let Stephen jackson show off some more.

  4. #4
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Is Bender ever going to play in the preseason?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    At this point, I doubt it. And I won't care, if he's back on the 3rd. Now, if he starts missing real games, then even I will write him off after too long.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    ossed:

  7. #7
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Bender ever going to play in the preseason?
    is that a serious question


  8. #8
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Well, Sax proved on Tuesday that he can play the Four, so just throw him in there.

    As for Bender, how is it that JB sits out because of a sore knee from a pickup game, and he's a baby, but JO sits out because of a sore foot from a pickup game, and it's a wise decision?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  9. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Because JO's an MVP calibure player that we can't afford to get more hurt before the season starts, and Bender isn't?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, I doubt it. And I won't care, if he's back on the 3rd. Now, if he starts missing real games, then even I will write him off after too long.
    That's where we have one of the biggest problems with Bender.

    You see, I'm not happy with this at all.

    How many training camps and preseasons has Bender been a part of since joining the Pacers "years ago"?

    Not many. And that's a problem. He starts out way behind and that causes everyone to make excuses and suddenly Donnie, et. al. have let him stay around "just a little longer" to try to determine what he's got to offer.

    If he's injured, he doesn't play. Again. And he can't help us. But he also can't be seen enough for us to evaluate him, nor for any other team to evaluate him so we would be able to dump him if we wanted.

    So what do we have? From another team's perspective, a player over $6M who is probably overpayed even more than Croshere is at over $8M.

    And that all boils down to two things. We can't play him because he's injured and we can't dump him because no one has seen enough to justify anything near his salary.

    And that's exactly where I DON'T want to find ourselves with Bender this year.

    As for JO, foot injuries can be very troublesome things. I just hope there is not a diagnosis of plantar's fasciaitis that is not being revealed.

  11. #11
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    If JO was gell'in this would never have happened!



    Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #12
    Liquid Slap
    Guest

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    "As for JO, foot injuries can be very troublesome things. I just hope there is not a diagnosis of plantar's fasciaitis that is not being revealed."

    Yeah that would really suck. Kept Rasheed from being full form last year. I heard that it is really painful. Feels like running on top of glass shards.

  13. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,718

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    From Indystar today I think they said the problem with the foot is on top of the foot.


  14. #14
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    I've had plantar fasciitis and I've had both knees scoped - the planta fasciitis was much more painful.

    That's more of a chronic / overuse injury. However, a sprain in the foot could deteriorate into plantar fasciitis rather quickly because of the 'limping' - an unnatural motion that would put additional stress on other parts of the feet.

    If he wasn't really ready to start camp, then resting right now is a very, very good idea. Even missing the first ten games is better than playing and then struggling with a chronic injury all season.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  15. #15
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Plantar fasciitis sucks. Painful. The only thing that fixed it for me was rest.

    I found "turf toe" to be harder to get rid of, though, and just as painful.

    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  16. #16
    Liquid Slap
    Guest

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I found "turf toe" to be harder to get rid of, though, and just as painful.
    What the hell is turf toe?

  17. #17
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I found "turf toe" to be harder to get rid of, though, and just as painful.
    What the hell is turf toe?
    Why it's a
    Metatarsalphalangeal Joint Sprain
    !

    Basically a badly jammed big toe.

    Mine hurt every time I planted my right foot or stopped suddenly. I played on it for a while, but it kept getting worse, and worse. And the my achilles started to get stiff.

    So I finally gave up and took some time off.

    Then I think I got a stress fracture because I was trying not to walk on that side of my foot.

    It took about 3 months before I could play basketball again, and 4 months later it's not quite fully healed.

    I don't even know how I did it originally. It might of just been over-use. Or I vaguely remember stubbing it trying to take the stairs 3 at a time at home.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  18. #18
    Liquid Slap
    Guest

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I found "turf toe" to be harder to get rid of, though, and just as painful.
    What the hell is turf toe?
    Why it's a
    Metatarsalphalangeal Joint Sprain
    !

    Basically a badly jammed big toe.

    Mine hurt every time I planted my right foot or stopped suddenly. I played on it for a while, but it kept getting worse, and worse. And the my achilles started to get stiff.

    So I finally gave up and took some time off.

    Then I think I got a stress fracture because I was trying not to walk on that side of my foot.

    It took about 3 months before I could play basketball again, and 4 months later it's not quite fully healed.

    I don't even know how I did it originally. It might of just been over-use. Or I vaguely remember stubbing it trying to take the stairs 3 at a time at home.
    so you can over-use a toe huh... I wonder if it is as painful as a ingrown toenail. I have one now and it hurts like a *%$!

  19. #19
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so you can over-use a toe huh...
    I never knew just how much I used it until I hurt it.

    Even backpedaling down the court stresses it, both bending and impact. At least I had an excuse for loafing on defense. :-)

    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  20. #20
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........

    Damn, you beat me to that one, btwon.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  21. #21
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine to miss the rest of the preseason........



    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •