Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson and Albert Haynesworth are Patriots ....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Chad Johnson and Albert Haynesworth are Patriots ....

I refuse to call Chad by that stupid name. Anyway.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...e=NFLHeadlines

The New England Patriots have acquired wide receiver Chad Ochocinco after he accepted a restructured three-year contract from the Patriots, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Bengals will receive two draft picks, one this year and one next season.

Ochocinco was scheduled to make $6.35 million for the Bengals this year. The Patriots wanted him to restructure his contract to fit their cap.
    http://www.timesunion.com/news/artic...ts-1623818.php

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) One of the biggest free agency flops in NFL history came to an end Thursday when the Washington Redskins shipped Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots for a 2013 fifth-round draft pick, relatively meager compensation for a two-time All-Pro with one of the most lucrative contracts ever signed.

The trade was confirmed by a person familiar with the deal who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither team had formally announced the trade.

Default Re: Chad Johnson and Albert Haynesworth are Patriots ....

I love how if a team like the Raiders made these moves, everyone would hate them, but since its the Patriots, everyone like " omgz Bill Beelichuk is football genius!"

Pretty sure the Patriots have jumped the shark.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Low risk-high reward moves for the Pats.

Obviously I hope neither one of these guys produces as the Pats hope.

These type of moves make more sense for teams in a position to win it all, like the Pats. These guys wouldn't make teams like the Raiders better or at least enough to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how if a team like the Raiders made these moves, everyone would hate them, but since its the Patriots, everyone like " omgz Bill Beelichuk is football genius!"

Pretty sure the Patriots have jumped the shark.
    There's a good reason for that. Moss went to the Raiders, what happened? Moss went to the Patriots, how did that work?

Pretty much explains that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

They're low risk moves that are worthwhile, but since it's NE people are really getting too excited. Haynesworth's not some long time stud like people made him out after that contract, he had two really good years and it's obvious what happened since. Even w/o him being so out of shape and the HUGE character red flags his past accomplishments have just been pretty overrated. He wasn't Ndamokong Suh or something. This is his 10th year.

Johnson's a 33 year old WR. 99.9% of WRs don't age like Rice and Owens.

Like I said, they're worthwhile moves, but they're not going to be All-Pros or something, they're both old.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    There's a good reason for that. Moss went to the Raiders, what happened? Moss went to the Patriots, how did that work?

Pretty much explains that.
    He was traded in the middle of the season because he whined about not getting paid and not getting the ball enough????

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He was traded in the middle of the season because he whined about not getting paid and not getting the ball enough????
    Or he set a record for most touchdown catches in a season...

Good move to get Johnson (I believe he is changing his name back to Johnson btw). Sure 99.9 receivers don't age like Owens and Rice, but I think he will be one of them. He keeps himself in amazing shape like Owens has. Johnson and Brady will be a very nice duo, especially with Welker running routes underneath. They needed this, especially if the Jets get Asomugha.

Haynesworth on the other hand, I think thats a terrible move. He's incredibly overrated and doesn't do the work Bellichek will want from him. Saw what you will about Johnson's personality, but the guy works hard. Haynesworth doesn't. And his contract is horrendous.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I think its going to blow up in New England's face. You can only get so many malcontents to behave before one continues their act.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

No.

In Oakland he averaged 750 yards and 6 touchdowns per year.

In New England he averaged 1,250 yards and 16 touchdowns per year.

Just a minor difference. Like the difference between Sean Dawkins and Marvin Harrison.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Forget the BS... Haynesworth is a steal, and when he is happy he is productive, and when he is productive he is a force to be dealt with on defense... not only does he cause havoc in the back field but he also plugs holes and helps stop the run...

Chad is interesting... but I think that Haynesworth is the biggie for the Pats...

If anyone says that they wouldn't take that deal for the Colts they are crazy.... Just my opinion...
    Why so SERIOUS

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Or he set a record for most touchdown catches in a season...

Good move to get Johnson (I believe he is changing his name back to Johnson btw). Sure 99.9 receivers don't age like Owens and Rice, but I think he will be one of them. He keeps himself in amazing shape like Owens has. Johnson and Brady will be a very nice duo, especially with Welker running routes underneath. They needed this, especially if the Jets get Asomugha.

Haynesworth on the other hand, I think thats a terrible move. He's incredibly overrated and doesn't do the work Bellichek will want from him. Saw what you will about Johnson's personality, but the guy works hard. Haynesworth doesn't. And his contract is horrendous.
    Did they get him to set records or win Superbowls? I forget.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Forget the BS... Haynesworth is a steal, and when he is happy he is productive, and when he is productive he is a force to be dealt with on defense... not only does he cause havoc in the back field but he also plugs holes and helps stop the run...

Chad is interesting... but I think that Haynesworth is the biggie for the Pats...

If anyone says that they wouldn't take that deal for the Colts they are crazy.... Just my opinion...
    Any time you can bring in a " when he's happy, he's productive " guy, you gotta do it . In my opinion.

Any time you can bring in a " when he's happy, he's productive " guy, you gotta do it . In my opinion.
    Not sure if serious...

Chad Johnson is more about Chad Johnson, than he is playing football. His window is pretty well shut.

NE is trying to convert two hail mary's, and I seriously doubt they'll connect on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Chad Johnson is more about Chad Johnson, than he is playing football. His window is pretty well shut.

NE is trying to convert two hail mary's, and I seriously doubt they'll connect on either.
    Well its not like their offense or defense is really affected by these moves. They are still a playoff team with or without them. Does it get thim over the hump? Maybe not but there not bad ivestments IMO. The real concern I would have is the defense is still bad with or without Haynsworth. Thats were their money should have went to and their draft picks for that matter. I am interested to hear what Putnam has to say.

Im getting frustrated watching all the moves going on because a lot of teams that the Colts will have to contend against are going out and getting better, making some good moves. While the Colts seem to be just sitting there content with the roster they have. That aggrivates me because i know we are not good enough to just keep the same team we have right now. We don't have as much cap as many of the teams out there which i can understand is a big reason why we cant just go sign a big name player, but i would still like to see us more active making moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Im getting frustrated watching all the moves going on because a lot of teams that the Colts will have to contend against are going out and getting better, making some good moves. While the Colts seem to be just sitting there content with the roster they have. That aggrivates me because i know we are not good enough to just keep the same team we have right now. We don't have as much cap as many of the teams out there which i can understand is a big reason why we cant just go sign a big name player, but i would still like to see us more active making moves.
    Thats pretty much the only reason IMO. The only deal that bothers me is holding on to Hayden for 8 mill. THe guy is not worth that much money and he should restructure his deal if he wants to play for the team.

Let's hear who the Colts should have signed. Start naming some names. I'm curious who this mysterious X factor is going to be.

You make it sound like the Colts are going backwards.

How many injuries did they have last year? They should be more worried about staying healthy than going and and spending money just to say you've spent money.

Chad Johnson should change his name to 'Ochocinco World Peace' and start an act with Metta.

Mood

Yeah.. atleast we could make a couple of trades though... that is what I think... shouldn't affect your cap that much if you put together the right deal... Colts have to be on their stuff if they really want to compete...
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

I want us to trade Hayden to Tampa for a pick. Either that or just massively restructure his deal, straight cutting him barely saves us a million dollars, it's not worth it, Hayden's not terrible, just really overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Let's hear who the Colts should have signed. Start naming some names. I'm curious who this mysterious X factor is going to be.

You make it sound like the Colts are going backwards.

How many injuries did they have last year? They should be more worried about staying healthy than going and and spending money just to say you've spent money.
    Technically if your standing still and others are moving forward, your moving backwards. I think we will have a better record than last year but that's because of all the injuries.

And there are a lot of interesting targets that could help improve our team.. Haynesworth, Asomugha, Johnathan Joseph and to name a random player that would improve our team, i think a J. Lee Higgins would be in interesting add for his speed and special teams play if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yeah.. atleast we could make a couple of trades though... that is what I think... shouldn't affect your cap that much if you put together the right deal... Colts have to be on their stuff if they really want to compete...
    Let's hear some specific names on trades. Who goes, who comes in, etc.

Right now all you guys are doing is wanting changes, just in order to make changes. How does overspending in FA workout for the Redskins?

In the past 5 years, there has been one team with two SB appearances. Guess who that is? The Colts.

I used 5 because it's a nice round number, but I fully acknowledge if you move that number to 6years there's two teams with two SB appearances. If you move that number to 7 years, there are three.

Let's not act like the Colts are the Ravens. A team that has been pretty good, but has never made the jump. The Colts are contenders year in and year out.

I just took a look at updated FA moves... I think i am going to pick the Texans to win the division this year. They got real close to getting us last year and they have really improved with the draft and FA moves they have made thus far. Very dangerous team.

Technically if your standing still and others are moving forward, your moving backwards. I think we will have a better record than last year but that's because of all the injuries.

And there are a lot of interesting targets that could help improve our team.. Haynesworth, Asomugha, Johnathan Joseph and to name a random player that would improve our team, i think a J. Lee Higgins would be in interesting add for his speed and special teams play if nothing else.
    No team ever stands still. Every year teams change, even if their roster stays 100% the same. Players age. With aging means they get better, or they get worse.

Haynesworth? The way overpaid, lazy, cancerous fatass is the first player you name? Oh goodness..... I'm actually HAPPY that the Pats picked him up.

Asomugha is asking MORE than Revis, who makes 11.5mil a year.

But regardless, the two biggest weakness areas of the Colts is an OL that can run block, and a DL that can stop the run.

Haynesworth isn't the answer, for obvious reasons, and DBs/ST players don't address either need.

And cover corners like Asomugha and Joseph aren't the ideal players for a Cover 2 scheme. You're overpaying for their services, and playing them in a system that doesn't utilize their strengths.

EDIT: And please don't think I'm some type of Polian kiss ***. I think he's made plenty of mistakes, and he's built the team the wrong way. I just don't think overpaying for FA is the answer. That's what bad teams do in order to get better.

I hate the Cover 2, but I can live with it. I just don't know why he thinks the entire DL needs to be fast. If we could get Chicago's cover 2, I'd be more than happy.

But I really want an OLine that can get yards on the ground.
    Last edited by Since86; 07-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.