Thread: I hope Steve Kerr is right.

Default I hope Steve Kerr is right.

On nba.com, they have some comments by Marv, Charles, Ernie, Steve, and Kenny about "under the radar" moves, and Stephen Jackson comes up a couple times, but the one that most stood out was Steve Kerr's:

"I think Stephen Jackson going to Indiana was really, really big because the Pacers -- a lot of people forget they had the best record in the NBA a year ago before losing to Detroit in six.

"They felt their weakness was perimeter scoring and athleticism at that two spot. Reggie is still a hell of a player, but he's not the guy he was five or six years ago. I played with Stephen Jackson a couple of years ago in San Antonio and he has the ability to hit big shots and make big plays. I think that may have been the move that could get Indiana over the hump this season."

Also, to read Charle's comments, it seems like he's hearing this offer is still on the table of Sacramento wants it:

"Ain't no moves under the radar, buddy. I'll tell you what: If Sacramento will trade Peja Stojakovic for Ron Artest, they could win the West. They need that defensive element. They need that. They don't need the offense. I would do that trade yesterday. That's a great trade for Sacramento. I don't know what they're holding up."

Good stuff.

http://www.nba.com/preview2004/tnt_moves_041021.html

Default Re: I hope Steve Kerr is right.

Meaning that Charles thinks Artest is more valuable than Peja.

I agree.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Hicks, why are you counting down to Nov. 2nd? The first game is the 3rd right? Or are you pumped for the election.

I hope i have my dates right or this post was incredibly stupid.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

You're right; we start on the 3rd. For some reason I wanted to countdown to the beginning of the season instead; so I stick with it. Probably just because it meant I could finish the count down a little quicker.

Charles is a smart guy, when it comes to basketball.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I agree.
    Well he certainly thinks Artest would be more valuable to Sac than Peja is to Sac (which I too would agree with). However, that quote doesn't say anything about comparing the two outside of the circumstances in Sac.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Hicks, why are you counting down to Nov. 2nd? The first game is the 3rd right? Or are you pumped for the election.

I hope i have my dates right or this post was incredibly stupid.
    Too bad Boston doesn't play Houston on Nov. 2nd.

Why is that too bad?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Fool

I agree.
    Well he certainly thinks Artest would be more valuable to Sac than Peja is to Sac (which I too would agree with). However, that quote doesn't say anything about comparing the two outside of the circumstances in Sac.
    That's what I thought when I read that, too ...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I agree.
    Fair enough. I'll rephrase.

In Sacramento, Artest is more valuable than Peja. In Indiana, Artest is more valuable than Peja. Nothing else matters.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I agree.
    Fair enough. I'll rephrase.

In Sacramento, Artest is more valuable than Peja. In Indiana, Artest is more valuable than Peja. Nothing else matters.
    I sure hope that's right. Pacer brass spokesman Montieth indicated a straight up trade would have been done a month or two ago, and he actually predicted it might take place later in the Fall.

It would be a bad move (unless Ron's problems behind the scenes are worse than we know. This, of course, has been worked over on several previous threads).

However, back to Kerr's comments. I wrote something similar on the Kravitz article thread, that, despite the fact that we don't have a solid 5-man in place, we still acquired the most important piece, and it really may be all that's needed for a ring.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown