Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Gears of War 3 Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Official Gears of War 3 Thread

Heres a great video preview of the multi-player match Type "Team Deathmatch"

Also, heres a list of the achievements in the game. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
    Last edited by Constellations; 09-15-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As usual, my Clan and myself will be playing plenty of Gears this weekend. Plenty of Horde, and Execution on Gears 1.

Please add "Th3 Sirens Song" if you would like to come along.

Wilco. Delta out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tonight is the night...everything ends.

Wilco. Delta out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did as many matches as we could this weekend (Gears of war 1). Here was my personal stats and our teams standings. ( Not counting round wins this time, but only Match wins.) All matches played were played with playoff rules. Best-of-seven series.

Weapons Swap: Longshot Rifle, Torque Bow, Frag Grenades,
    Weapons Not Included: Hammerburst, Hammer of Dawn, Magnum

MOH 25-10

Th3 Sirens Song
    KPG: 6.1
    DPG: 3.4
    RPG: 1.1

Mood

My copy should arrive in the mail tomorrow, though I probably won't actually get a chance to play it or at least much until Wednesday due to other responsibilities.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My copy should arrive in the mail tomorrow, though I probably won't actually get a chance to play it or at least much until Wednesday due to other responsibilities.
    This is why I took some vacation time off for the game. I am so ready for tonight.

Heading to Venezuela next week. I fear I'll be behind a lot of people by the time I get back. Having said that, this is my first trip outside the US and I'm so psyched!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gonna debate over getting a copy after work tonight, so many other things I should be spending sixty dollars on. It would be much better financially to wait at least a week but my day off is on Wednesday.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Should be getting the game in teh mail today. Super psyched. Too bad I'm still busy with packing and getting ready for my trip. Doubt I get much of a chance to play.

/I has a small sad.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For those who are debating to get this game, or haven't received it yet, here some news.

IT IS THE BEST INSTALLATION TO THE SERIES, AND DESERVES GOY!

Everything about GOW 3 is upgraded from 1 & 2. The gameplay is smoother, ex:

-Getting behind cover
    -Firing from cover
    -Reloading
    -The Longshot has finally been cleansed of the wicked
    -Roadie Running
    -And many more that I'll leave you to determine

I was just as hyped for 3 as I was 2. GOW 2 was rather disappointing for the most part, however, the Campaign was priceless, and the addition of Horde is unbreakable. I can honestly say, GOW 3, is better than both 1 & 2.

The new weapons are out of this world amazing. The execution with each individual weapon are breathtaking. My personal favorite new weapon, the Retro Lancer.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!
    Campaign:The campaign was nothing less than Epic, but there was alot of downfalls as well. If somebody had not played the earlier installments, this would be more of an uphill battle to understand. The story is very fast paced and quite mind boggling. They touch on many things that aren't fully explained, which leads me to believe that Karen Traviss did this help sell more of books where she clears alot of things up. Which is ridiculous considering the blockbuster title she's writing for lol. With that being said, it was still a great experience.

SPOILER

Why! Why must you kill of Dominic! Why!?!? I understood someone would die that wouldn't be favored by no means, but I honestly did not think it would be Dominic. I honestly thought honored would be killed and it would force Marcus into a frenzy where he kills himself in the process of cleansing Sera of all the Locust with his father Adam. Wow, now that I type that out, that was way too cliche. I'm still upset that Dom was parted with, BUT, he did go out like a ****ing badass. He killed himself to save Same, Anya, and Marcus. he also didn't have much dialogue, which he was always one of my favorite speakers. I guess my prediciton of Marcus's mother being Queen Myrrah was off... I guess! They still didn't explain any sort of connection.

Disliked strongly: I loved how they re-visited Anvil gate, but you spent no more than a chapter there.

HOFFMAN! What the ****! BERNIE! What the ****! Two of my favorite characters, not in the game for more than 15 minutes! If you have read the books, I'm sure Bernie was a very big exciting piece to be adapted in the game. So disappointing.

LOVED: I love the new characters. Bernie, well, we all know the tragic end to that story. Sam. Sam is a very lovable character. Not only is she a badass; she's sweet, and has enough guts to shove **** right back in Baird's face. Love you too Baird. Jace Stratton. What a great debuting character with a large role in the game. He's a baby-face that you can't help but root for.

Have fun guys, it is great. Be sure to watch the video in the campaign options that helps piece the first two games together to make the story more up to speed.

Online:

Online gameplay is so much smoother. There isn't any more glitchy B-rolls, roadie runs, wall bouncing (Ridiculousness WB'ing that is), etc.

The party system on GOW 3 is above and beyond. The onlione party menus and match making are just sexy as hell.

Team Deathmatch is, remarkable.

All other game types, the usual, but smoother as I said before.

Horde 2.0:

Wow... Only 1 word can describe it...WOW!

I believe this will be where 50% of the games players will spend their online service for the game.

Pros: The building of resources and defense is beyond amazing. This also means many more Lambent/Locust spawn on each wave however.

The Cash system. That's right, you can actually use your Cash (points in GOW2) for something useful unlike you could in GOW 2. Using the cash to build/upgrade/repair/purchase extra ammo/ and my personal favorite, buy yourself back in. This becomes very useful, considering the 10th wave of every block, has a large boss fight. All members can bank their cash so each person has an extra life.

Cons: Limited building locations. You cannot build your defense wherever you please. Their are highlight areas where the defense object is available ( I know this helps keep the game challenging, but still frustrating).

The Cash system. Whoever gets the most kills, gets the most cash! Code for: Wait for each person to weaken their enemies, then polish them off with a shotgun, paycheck. However, you still get cash for assists, so not alot of harm there.

Final Score: WOW. 8/10

Beast Mode: I don't know where to begin so, just play it, it's unreal. I've spent most of playing time there since the launch.

Final Score: 9/10

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be picking up GOW3 very soon, but unfortunately for it, it has little chance of game of the year. That is not a knock against it, but the fact is GOY is Skyrim's to lose.

Thanks for everybody's thoughts and reviews so far.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I will be picking up GOW3 very soon, but unfortunately for it, it has little chance of game of the year. That is not a knock against it, but the fact is GOY is Skyrim's to lose.

Thanks for everybody's thoughts and reviews so far.
    I pre-ordered on Amazon and got a $20 credit toward my next game purchase. I'm using that to pre-order Skyrim. Just wish it came with something else other than the map for preorders.

Skyrim = GOY!

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just bought the game. Looks like I will be up all night!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge View Post
    Just bought the game. Looks like I will be up all night!
    I seen where you sent me a message last night, but when I went to check it, nothing was there. So? We will be playing ALOT tonight, so get ready around 8:30 lol. I'm actually started pretty decent thus far online. I have a 1.6 K/D and a 1.4 W/L.

P.S. As for anybody else that wants to come with me and my clan, you're more than welcome. We are strictly doing Team Deathmatch currently.

-Constellations ( Th3 Sirens Song )

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Spent alot of time over the weekend playing Gears. When I signed off last night, I was ranked 7,880 in the world on Team Deathmatch. Woot!

I'm not sure why but I have been experiencing problems while I have been playing. For example, I went to play my campaign today and it said my file was corrupted. Every time I hit a checkpoint my game will freeze for 1 to 2 seconds and then continue. It also takes 30 seconds for the game to start up. Anyone else having problems like this?

I've had that happen to me on NBA 2k11 and it sucks but I had to delete my franchise in order for it to work again....

This has happened to me before too, except it was worse last time. I called Microsoft and they had me reformat the hard drive and all of that fun stuff. That was about 4 months ago. All of my other games work fine except for Gears. Maybe I just got a bad game? Not sure.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you shut your xbox off during a save, it will corrupt the file and you will have to start over.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    If you shut your xbox off during a save, it will corrupt the file and you will have to start over.
    I always go to the main screen though before I turn it off to see how much I leveled up. It's weird because the file was only corrupt if I went to 'continue' the game, but if I went to 'load' campaign, my information was still there. This only happens 30% of the time though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If anybody is interested, were doing 4-Player Co-Op tonight. Were continuing through the campaign on Insane in Arcade Mode.

Were currently on Act II Chapter 4: Trench Run

You can add: SPARTANARKANGEL or myself (Th3 Sirens Song) for an invite.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Playing some Horde tonight if anybody wants an invite. We have 2 open slots. We need someone for Barriers, and someone for Turrets. I'll be taking care of Decoys and Sentries while my clan officer handles Silverbacks.

Send me a message for an invite.

Th3 Sirens Song

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gears went really well last night. We completed all 50 waves on Checkout. That is the 3rd completion my Clan officer Dragoninferno72 and I (Th3 Sirens Song) of all 50 waves. We've completed it on Gridlock, Thrashball, and now Checkout. Our standings for Horde on Gridlock still remain with Dragon and I in the top 500 in the world.

Here's some stats from last nights game:

Dragoninferno72

Kills- 378
    Revives- 11
    Downs- 43
    Total Cash Earned- $119,123

Th3 Sirens Song

Kills- 314
    Revives- 22
    Downs- 31
    Total Cash Earned- $89,567

We will be doing mostly Team Deathmatch this weekend, but we usually end the night on a Horde attempt.

Interested, message: Dragoninferno72, Th3 Sirens Song

I will also be streaming our matches live this weekend starting tonight. I'll have the link up later tonight if you're interested in checking us out.

-Constellations
    Last edited by Constellations; 09-30-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Invites are going out at 11:45 pm tonight. PM or add me on Live.

Th3 Sirens Song

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exclamation Re: Official Gears of War 3 Thread

DLC #1: Horde Commando Package

Release Date: November 1, 2011
    Cost: 800MSP or free download for Season Pass holders
    New Achievements: 250G

Maps Included:

Blood Drive:

The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.

Rustlung:

Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.

Azura:

This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.

New Horde Fortification Features:

Command Center: A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
    Sentry Upgrade: This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
    Decoy Upgrade: A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
    Silverback Upgrade: This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.

New Characters:

Onyx Guard
    Big Rig Dizzy
    Bernie Mataki

New Weapon Skins:

Team Plasma
    Jungle Camo

New Ahievements:

A: The new achievements are worth 250G and are as follows:

25G: "The Host with the Most" - Host a full party on one of the DLC maps in a private Horde game.

25G: "Places to See, People to Destroy" - Host a full party on one of the DLC maps in a private Beast game.

50G: "What does this button do?" - Get 500 kills with Silverback Rockets.

50G: "It's Hammer Time" - Get your Horde Command Center upgraded to level four.

100G: "Kill Locust Like a Boss" - Defeat any boss wave on Hardcore difficulty as five Onyx Guards.

Q & A:

Q: What game modes will these new maps be playable in?
    A: They will be playable in Horde, Beast, and private Versus multiplayer.
    Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here

Q: Why are they not playable in public Versus multiplayer?
    A: It is a dedicated server issue. Eventually you will be able to play DLC 1 maps in public Versus, but not at launch. When is TBD.
    Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here

Q: If I buy the DLC 1 Horde Command Pack and my friends don't, can they still play Horde with me and will I be able to use my new fortification features?
    A: Yes

Q: Will my new character and weapon skins be viewable in all game types by all players including public Versus?
    A: Yes

Q: If entering a public Horde match, will we be able to pick DLC maps if the host has the maps but not all players do?
    A: Yes, they are playable because they are not on dedicated servers, and only the host needs to have them, not all players.
    Source: here

Q: I already bought the full weapon skin pack and now they are included with this DLC?!
    A: The weapon skins included with the DLC 1 pack are not included in any weapon skin bundle nor can they be purchased separately, so don't worry - you didn't already buy them.

Q: What about indoor maps? How can the Command Center bring in Hammer of Dawn support or Mortar Support on those types of maps (such as Rustlung and Checkout)?
    A: For these kinds of maps, other features will be available such as a team of Onyx Guards with Boomshots that come in to help you out, etc.
    -------------------------------------------------------

This DLC is going to be amazing!!!
    Last edited by Constellations; 10-10-2011 at 05:47 PM.