Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COLTS That are not coming back....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default COLTS That are not coming back....

Here is some players that have been said to not be signed back by the Colts via Adam Schafter twitter

Adam Schefter

Colts relinquishing rights to five RFAs: RB Mike Hart, TEs Gijon Robinson and Tom Santi, and DBs Jamie Silva and Mike Richardson.
    Why so SERIOUS

Banned

Default Re: COLTS That are not coming back....

Tampa is signifcantly under the cap.

Colts have 3.6 million to sign players w/

Reggie Wayne traded to Bucs for Defense/draft picks and cap space.

Mood

I feel bad for Hart. The other guys not so bad.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tampa is signifcantly under the cap.

Colts have 3.6 million to sign players w/

Reggie Wayne traded to Bucs for Defense/draft picks and cap space.
    This is a suggestion right...

I will say that I see the future upside to this, but the Colts are in a win now state... can't trade away your top WR right now...

Not sure what all they would get back for him as well.

Also with the Colts saying that they aren't planning on signing any veteran free agents it shouldn't matter too much with the cap space issue...
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    I feel bad for Hart. The other guys not so bad.
    Kind of feel bad for Silva as well... when his chance came he was hurt.. oh well hopefully he goes to a team and gets a chance...
    Why so SERIOUS

I'll miss Silva, guy was a solid STer, guess he could always be back. Hart's a good guy that's easy to root for, just couldn't stay healthy.

Tough to see Hart go, I've always thought eh was at least as good as Brown when healthy. I wonder what he might have been if he hadn't blown out his knee as a rookie.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This is a suggestion right...

I will say that I see the future upside to this, but the Colts are in a win now state... can't trade away your top WR right now...

Not sure what all they would get back for him as well.

Also with the Colts saying that they aren't planning on signing any veteran free agents it shouldn't matter too much with the cap space issue...
    Peyton is going to command top dollar. How many years? Wayne going to Tampa makes sense. Colts cannot sign everybody. Wayne is great. NFL is a business.
    If you lose Wayne you have still have the familar targets of Gonzo/Dallas/Garcon/Collie. If you are worried about the health of Gonzo/Collie there are several options via free agency. Yes you are losing Wayne your #1 WR but If Peyton wont take a discount odds are Mathis and Wayne are both gone.

There is no way were going to lose Mathis and Wayne. Peyton is good about making sure the team is able to re-sign players when he is negotiating. Peytons not trying to rebuild at this point in his career he's trying to win, again. I see Tampa going after a B.Edwards or Moss or even trading for Ocho.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

11. The Following User Says Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:

Mood

Peyton is going to command top dollar. How many years? Wayne going to Tampa makes sense. Colts cannot sign everybody. Wayne is great. NFL is a business.
    If you lose Wayne you have still have the familar targets of Gonzo/Dallas/Garcon/Collie. If you are worried about the health of Gonzo/Collie there are several options via free agency. Yes you are losing Wayne your #1 WR but If Peyton wont take a discount odds are Mathis and Wayne are both gone.
    I see what you are saying and for a second there I thought about bringing in one of the Mike Williams and maybe someone from their D and a pick, although Peyton is good, no matter how long his contract is he still only has a couple more years to play at a high enough level to win a championship...

Also Reggie is part of the reason why those other guys are even relevant. I just think with talent that we have and the position that we are in, we should be buyers not sellers.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trading Wayne makes NO sense whatsoever. None! Garcon only gets balls thrown his way because the other team is double covering Reggie. You want to put another WR over there fine. The other team is just gonna single cover that guy, double Pierre, and then pick their poison over the middle with Clark and Collie. Trading Wayne takes AT LEAST a TD and between 50 and 100 yards out of the Colts offense. No thanks.

Banned

Reggie Wayne may hold out.

This is not a good season for WR's to hold out look who is available Randy Moss, T Owens, Sydney Rice, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams are all FA's & Chad Johnson is available via trade.

Mood

Reggie Wayne may hold out.

This is not a good season for WR's to hold out look who is available Randy Moss, T Owens, Sydney Rice, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams are all FA's & Chad Johnson is available via trade.
    No offense but which of those WR's had a good year last year... Braylon I am thinking... Sydney did decent in the time he was back... others really didn't do much... I would take a chance on Randy, but I think it is over for Roy... too much pride...TO is just hanging around.. also too much pride...
    Why so SERIOUS

The reality is really very simple.

The Colts are screwed. No other way to put it. I agree that Peyton will get his money and rightfully so, but it doesn't appear he's willing to take any cut whatsoever to help us retain our own FA's/Go get others.

This is really a miserable time to be a Colts fan (Meaning during free agency) because we're going to lose so many key people, and have no financial ability to gain any help.

Here's to another season of AGAIN getting abused in the run game, and filling our gaps with UDFA's.

#timetogetoffmysoapbox #canthelpbutfeelnegative
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    The reality is really very simple.

The Colts are screwed. No other way to put it. I agree that Peyton will get his money and rightfully so, but it doesn't appear he's willing to take any cut whatsoever to help us retain our own FA's/Go get others.

This is really a miserable time to be a Colts fan (Meaning during free agency) because we're going to lose so many key people, and have no financial ability to gain any help.

Here's to another season of AGAIN getting abused in the run game, and filling our gaps with UDFA's.

#timetogetoffmysoapbox #canthelpbutfeelnegative
    Where did you get that he isn't willing to take a cut..? I think more than anything he wants to win another championship and he knows he cant do that by himself.... Peyton makes so much money off endorsements that a few million would not hurt his pockets...

I also think that with freeney getting up there in age and injuries, lol there is now we let Mathis Go... we would let Addai go before that... especially with Jerry Hughes not coming up as big as they thought he would....
    Why so SERIOUS

Banned

I agree with your sentiment Pysren. No way Peyton is taking a pay cut.

I am not frustrated. I am happy there is a football season. I am excited to see the battle of Painter vs N Davis. Competition is going to be good for both. Darren Evans is worth watching.

Keep in mind the average player only last 3 years in this league. A lot of UDFA go on to do well for the Colts Gary Brackett/Jeff Saturday/Blair White/Jacob Lacey.

WR
    Not one of them shined. But TO still got open for Cincy last year. Steve Breaston could provide a spark to INDY. Johnson did well for Buffalo last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Where did you get that he isn't willing to take a cut..? I think more than anything he wants to win another championship and he knows he cant do that by himself.... Peyton makes so much money off endorsements that a few million would not hurt his pockets...

I also think that with freeney getting up there in age and injuries, lol there is now we let Mathis Go... we would let Addai go before that... especially with Jerry Hughes not coming up as big as they thought he would....
    Everything that I've heard is that he is wanting around (if not more than) $23 million a year.

I can GUARANTEE you that if that's what we pay him, we will have absolutely no money whatsoever to spend on anyone. We'll again be forced to use UDFA's to fill the holes on this team, and we'll be screwed again.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

The NFL salary cap doesn't work like the NBA salary cap, you gotta keep that in mind. The NFL has the option of putting money into signing bonuses, that don't go against the cap, or atleast not all of it.

Peyton has structured his salary in the past that let's the Colts have flexibility. Let's not forget that Peyton was the higest paid QB, and Bob Sanders became the highest paid safety as well. That was when both Reggie and Marvin were getting paid, along with DFree.

You can't just look at the XX amount over XX years, and divide and come up with the cap hit.

Peyton wants to win. He's not going to handcuff the Colts and ruin his shot. No way.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The NFL salary cap doesn't work like the NBA salary cap, you gotta keep that in mind. The NFL has the option of putting money into signing bonuses, that don't go against the cap, or atleast not all of it.

Peyton has structured his salary in the past that let's the Colts have flexibility. Let's not forget that Peyton was the higest paid QB, and Bob Sanders became the highest paid safety as well. That was when both Reggie and Marvin were getting paid, along with DFree.

You can't just look at the XX amount over XX years, and divide and come up with the cap hit.

Peyton wants to win. He's not going to handcuff the Colts and ruin his shot. No way.
    Thanks so much for writing that...
    Why so SERIOUS

I don't have any expectations for the Colts and I haven't for quite some time. They will let you down because rarely do they play their best in crunch time. Don't get me wrong I still root for them but I will be VERY surprised if they win another SB during the Manning era.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I don't have any expectations for the Colts and I haven't for quite some time. They will let you down because rarely do they play their best in crunch time. Don't get me wrong I still root for them but I will be VERY surprised if they win another SB during the Manning era.
    I suppose I'm kind of like you. I regularly exepect them to be "contenders", but not likely make it to the SB. I know they'll win a large share of regular season games, but I'm never confident they'll advance in the playoffs.

I enjoy the success that they have, but experience frustration that they can't be a little more even in post season. Actually, here I don't even mean make the SB consistently, not sure that's reasonable. But dropping you first game at home after outplaying the opponent for almost a half (last year) is just underachieving.

There seems to me no coincidence to the fact that our lone SB win came in B. McFarland's short window here. The last time in some time we've had anything approaching a legitimate DT. What do we have now? Nevis, Moala, Ogbu? Doesn't inspire confidence. In reality, desperately need a stud or two and with no $ to do it. Prepare to be trampled by the run game yet again.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

I could have imagined us with Albert... that would have been nice... now he goes to the pats for a 5th round pick... what a freaking steal... just put him on a defense that he feels happy in and he will have no problems... I think he likes a 4-3 better than a 3-4 actually...

Could have really been a help for us... oh well...would have had to re structure his contract though...
    Why so SERIOUS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    If I was Polian for a day. I would go out and get what the Colts need. A run stopper, a ball hawking CB, & a short down corner, & a LB with pop.

I would then tell Peyton Manning here is what we have left for you. Do you want to win a superbowl in Indy or go to Washington or Miami? Yes you will get more money in those places but win 6 games a season and get hit more.

The whole off season is based on signing Manning & we have no plan B. The Colts have lost to Billy Volek in the playoffs. So dont give me this crap Manning is worth 10 million than Brady.

Mood

Wow... from espn is that chances are that with bush signing with the Dolphins there is an increased chance that Addai will stay with the Colts...

I am just wondering how much his contract would be for if we did sign him back..
    Why so SERIOUS

Don't know how strong JMV's Colts sources are but he says he thinks Peyton'll be signed for ~$20mm by the weekend and Addai's probably gone.

That depresses me about Joe. I can't imagine he'd be expensive and he's a great fit for our offense. Now our o-line'll be better so we'll be able to run (somewhat) and we'll hear MAN ADDAI SUCKED SO BAD LOOK AT WHAT DELONE CARTER'S DOING!

You really should draft Carter in fantasy btw. Bet he's the starter by week 6 or so.