Thread: Mark Montieth and Stacy Paetz interview (Not up to date)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Mark Montieth and Stacy Paetz interview (Not up to date)

There's an interview with Stacy on page 3, which is an awesome interview, that had one part that really struck me hard.

Stacy made a statement about Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest saying that those guys were like big brothers to her and were very protective of her.

The part that really hit me, in a good way, was when she mentioned about leaving the arena one night going to her vehicle and there were a group of college students outside. She said they were all asking for pictures, autographs, etc. And that Stephen Jackson was just leaving as well and got in his car and seen Stacy around the group of guys. She said he sat outside of his car and made sure nothing happened to her and waited until they left and she got in her car safely before leaving to head home.

I don't want this to start a huge debate on how this doesn't negate the fact that his actions gutted this franchise, set us back, ruined Reggie's last shot, etc. He did a great thing and it should be left at that. I believe if anyone has the time, they should listen to this great interview.

http://www.1070thefan.com/oneonone/podcast.aspx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Mark Montieth and Stacy Paetz interview (Not up to date)

I don't believe SJax is a bad person. I just don't believe he's all that smart.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

So…

As Shade said, I don't think for a second that SJax is a bad person.

I just don't think he always thought his decisions through. That doesn't make him a bad person though.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe SJax is a bad person. I just don't believe he's all that smart.
    I agree as well. I never stated or hinted that he was. But whenever he or Ron Ron comes up, it usually morphs into a hate fest on what they did to our franchise.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

As I've mentioned before, I know one of his former neighbors and he had nothing but great things to say about him.

And we've noted his interaction with Carlisle. Not just the delivery room, but how he went out of his way to find Rick in the first game post-trade and then gave him a long hug rather than just the quick "bro hug".

I've had seats right by the visitors bench for several other Jack returns and the staff and other various fans/regulars (that clearly knew him) all interact with him in an extremely positive way, far more than typical former Pacers.

Frankly the only problem I've ever had with him was his shot selection and wasting plays yapping at refs. And given that he typically was one of the best guys at bringing passion and drive night in and night out I could live with that trade off.

The reason the debate goes on in my opinion is because it's a lesson in rushing to judgement and scapegoating people. Not everyone thought it was a good idea to get rid of Jack, especially in the manner they did (a rushed, financially straining trade) so it's not a case of hindsight even.

The air went out of the team completely after that trade, the passion went out of the team's effort for several years. Plus the GSW deal was one of the most damaging deals in the last 20 years, right there with the Croshere and Bender contracts.

And bit by bit these things creep out about Jack being a loved guy by yet another coach, teammate, team personnel, etc. You don't have that with Ron, Tins, Al or JO. That keeps these threads popping up, keeps the debate going, because for years a few of us had to defend against thug/gangster rants against Jackson.

Add to this that they were .500 at the time of the deal and that the losing post-trade cost the team RICK CARLISLE due to the only 3 months of real losing as a coach he's had, and brought us JOB, and you have a disaster far worse than the brawl itself. Just horrible. I'll never get over it as a Pacer fan. Never.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Sure, Jack is a great team mate. He's a good all around player. He's a good person in his own way. However, his emotions always got the best of him and yes, he had terrible shot selection. As much good as he brought on D and that toughness, he hurt the team with his lack of focus and "jacking" up shots. That combined with his negative attitude, off court incidents, gold chain whining, yapping at the refs and his sour puss face makes me glad he has a different zip code. Dude was never as good as JO and Artest. Losing Jack didn't set this franchise back that much. We already had Danny and now Paul George who will be much better. Losing Artest, Tinsley and JO....all better players than Jack....along with Reggie's retirement is why the team took a nose dive.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Stephen Jackson might do a lot of admirable things, take care of kids and all of that. And maybe we can look at that as evidence that he's not all bad.

But the man has a serious violent streak. He's armed. He's dangerous.

Not a bad person?

How do you define bad person exactly?

I wouldn't leave kids alone with this guy, that's for sure.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Aww, there's something really really likeable about Stacy.

She also has a great voice..which..is important in her career. I hope she does well. God..women's basketball could use a good sideline reporter/commentator..heck..anyone of those.