Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: Bynum obviously maturing.

  1. #1
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Bynum obviously maturing.

    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...125820648.html

    LA Lakers center Andrew Bynum has allegedly been caught on camera parking his black BMW in not one, but two parking spots reserved for the handicapped.

    The photos, provided exclusively to NBC4, were taken by an LA Parking Enforcement official at the upscale Bristol Farms Market in Playa del Rey.

    NBC4's exclusive interview with the parking official who took the photos here.

    NBC4 questioned Andrew Bynum, 23, about the alleged incident as he was getting into his car recently.

    He slammed his car door and drove off without comment.

    It appears the 7-foot-tall Laker, who makes $14 million a year, was breaking the law if he was parking in those spots. Violators who are ticketed are subject to a $353 fine.

    Under the California Vehicle Code, drivers must display a disabled placard or disabled license plate to park in spaces designated for the disabled.

    Bynum has not been issued either by the California Department of Motor Vehicles, NBC4 confirmed.

    “It’s a terrible image and perception when something like this happens,” said Vito Scattaglia, DMV deputy chief, after NBC4 showed him the pictures.

    The photos appear to capture Bynum’s BMW parked partly in a disabled parking spot, and partly in an adjoining spot reserved solely for the loading and unloading of disabled passengers.

    The pictures appear to show Bynum lifting his groceries into his car and then driving off.

    "That does infuriate me, because there are those people that truly need that space," Scattaglia said.

    The photos show plenty of open parking spots for the able-bodied just a few feet from where Bynum had allegedly parked.

    The abuse of disabled parking spots and placards is a growing problem that was exposed in an NBC4 undercover investigation in 2010.

    Numerous businesspeople in areas like downtown LA, Beverly Hills, and Westwood, were videotaped illegally using disabled placards and spots to get free and easy parking.

    “There is an increase in the violations we’re encountering, and the citations we’re issuing,” Scattaglia said.

    Bynum's agent, David Lee, said he would relay an interview request to his client, but no interview has been arranged.
    What a big giant d-bag.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    I think he's mentally handicapped....so it's okay.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    the rib shot to Barea followed by tearing off the jersey turned me against this kid. hes the closest thing to an automatic 2 pt shot in this league but hes clearly a mental midget. playing for the lakers first hurt this kids attitude imo.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeco For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    I hate this guy so much. Never liked him. Especially pulling a thuggish move in Dallas during the playoffs by taking his jersey off and walking off like a tough guy.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.



  10. #6
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    There's a news clip too, and the reporter tries to ask him some questions. He just gets in his big ol truck and slams the door. It is funny how little the reporter is though.

  11. #7
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    hes just mad he cant have his professional chauffeur drive him around with this lockout in effect

  12. #8

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    A douche move but in the grand scheme of things not unforgiveable either.

    Its funny how much coverage is devoted to this not that I'm upset or anything I just see this as the future of NBA coverage during the lockout at this point.

  13. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    I didn't really have a strong opinion of him one way or the other until recently. But between that pathetic display in the playoffs (JJ Barea, the jersey) and this, his stock has plunged in my eyes.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    It is not a huge deal, but not only is he taking a handicapped spot, but he is taking up 2 spots AND there are clearly lots of opens spots just behind him. Not to mention he is an NBA player, he is in decent shape. His knees can't hurt too bad either if he is squeezing into that Bimmer.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't really have a strong opinion of him one way or the other until recently. But between that pathetic display in the playoffs (JJ Barea, the jersey) and this, his stock has plunged in my eyes.
    Admittedly I did not like him because he was a Laker. I definitely feel justified in not liking him now.

  18. #12

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not a huge deal, but not only is he taking a handicapped spot, but he is taking up 2 spots AND there are clearly lots of opens spots just behind him. Not to mention he is an NBA player, he is in decent shape. His knees can't hurt too bad either if he is squeezing into that Bimmer.


    Yeah I don't get that either I mean I park near a store but I always make sure its not in a handicapped spot either how lazy do you have to be to not be able to walk a little farther if you aren't handicapped?

  19. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Doesn't he qualify as handicap? He is usually injure 60% of the time.

  20. #14
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't he qualify as handicap? He is usually injure 60% of the time. (Green)


    Fixed*

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Thank God we didn't trade for this POS.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is not a huge deal, but not only is he taking a handicapped spot, but he is taking up 2 spots AND there are clearly lots of opens spots just behind him. Not to mention he is an NBA player, he is in decent shape. His knees can't hurt too bad either if he is squeezing into that Bimmer.
    Double parking is a major pet peeve of mine. Do it with me around, and there's a decent chance your ride gets keyed.

  25. #17
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Double parking is a major pet peeve of mine. Do it with me around, and there's a decent chance your ride gets keyed.
    We share a hatred for this one. I won't key their car though. I will however back into the parking space next to their driver side. Backing in puts their car on my driver side. So I can park just centimeters from their car. So close, they need to get in on the passenger side.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,276

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We share a hatred for this one. I won't key their car though. I will however back into the parking space next to their driver side. Backing in puts their car on my driver side. So I can park just centimeters from their car. So close, they need to get in on the passenger side.
    I do this, as well.

  28. #19
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Are we looking at the same pictures? He's not double-parked.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  29. #20
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,062
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we looking at the same pictures? He's not double-parked.
    I agree.

    He's still an a$$hat, but he isn't double parked.

  30. #21
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,062
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do this, as well.
    While it may make you feel good to do so, you realize that this may make the person retaliate?

  31. #22
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,567

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we looking at the same pictures? He's not double-parked.

    He is, however, taking up a decent chunk of the pedestrian crosswalk that leads to the ramp that allows disabled people to get onto the sidewalk.

    Double parking barely bothers me unless it's during a really crowded time of day or they are taking up two awesome spots... but parking in the handicapped spot when you don't need it is just extremely dickish, especially when he could just hire someone to go grocery shopping for him that was willing to walk the extra 10 yards.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    I hate it when I see a perfectly healthy person park in a handicap spot. That's one of the things that really **** me off. It's just selfish, greedy, and uncompassionate, if that's a word. Leave it for the people who need it.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


  35. #24

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    God forbid Bynum park further away and walk a few extra steps to the store. He's not a professional athlete of a sport highly dependent on cardiovascular endurance or anything...

  36. #25
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum obviously maturing.

    You mean he doesn't shop a a store with valet parking? My wife and I use that all the time.

Similar Threads

  1. Melo landing with Kobe? (Chris Brussard reports)
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
  2. Lakers could offer Bynum for Bosh
    By pwee31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 02:08 AM
  3. Andrew Bynum or Kendrick Perkins right now?
    By Lamar Mundane in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
  4. 2 Trades for a higher pick and Bynum
    By MillerTime in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM
  5. Granger vs. Bynum
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •