Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

  1. #26
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Silly time to pop back after all these years but I simply had to

    I'm a level designer at DICE working on BF3 (or worked, I'm done with the project as of a few days ago). Glad to see it's getting some attention

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to efx For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    I just got my BF3 Beta invite last night, so I'll have to go and download the game here this evening. Hoping it rocks my socks.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #28
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,153

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by efx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silly time to pop back after all these years but I simply had to

    I'm a level designer at DICE working on BF3 (or worked, I'm done with the project as of a few days ago). Glad to see it's getting some attention
    Some attention? It might go down as the greatest FPS to date.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #29
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some attention? It might go down as the greatest FPS to date.
    Haha, let's hope so

  6. #30
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some attention? It might go down as the greatest FPS to date.
    Easy now. I love BF3, but MW3 looks to knock it out with 1 punch. But we will see.

    I'm rooting for BF3.

  7. #31
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,153

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    I dunno why you would say that. Frostbite 2 is the far superior engine.

    BF3 on PC>MW3 on console.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno why you would say that. Frostbite 2 is the far superior engine.

    BF3 on PC>MW3 on console.
    Maybe so, but the last time I checked, The Call of Duty series, has owned the Battlefield series by a mile. That's why I said it.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Dream Big tora tora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,627
    Mood

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?


  12. #34
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    MW3 on the PS3
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #35
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MW3 on the PS3
    Fail.

  14. #36
    Funk Seoul Brother Frostwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe so, but the last time I checked, The Call of Duty series, has owned the Battlefield series by a mile. That's why I said it.
    in what measure?

  15. #37
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,259

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Impressions on the Battlefield 3 beta?
    One thing I hope they improve on from here is making the enemy clearly more defined. Right now a lot of people (myself included) are just shooting anything in fron of us during any close combat scenario's. Distance you can somewhat see the red dot above their heads but even that needs to be expanded IMO.

    I like it, but I don't love it.

    I know you liked Homefront a lot and this certainly has that feel to it as far as the multiplayer thing goes. Obviousley haven't played story mode yet but as far as multiplayer goes the feel for shooting is about the same.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  16. #38
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in what measure?
    Popularity, sales, story lines, shall I continue? If you think I'm wrong on this, you're joking with yourself.

    Call of Duty has completely outdone Battlefield in the past. That's not to say BF3 doesn't stand a chance, because they very well do. They won't even come close in sales, and most definitely in popularity. But gameplay, they definitely stand a chance.

  17. #39
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fail.
    I'd rather play any of these games on the PS3 over PC. Who wants to have to upgrade their chip set every year to run any of these games on their max settings? I'd rather have a game designed for a specific platform and designed to work well on it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  18. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,153

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    LOL, BF3 was designed and engineered on PCs. And PS3 is by far the worst platform for it.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #41
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL, BF3 was designed and engineered on PCs. And PS3 is by far the worst platform for it.
    which is why BF3 gives people hope!

    still can't believe Valve is designing CS:GO for 360 and porting it to PC... Its ****ing CounterStrike.

  20. #42
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather play any of these games on the PS3 over PC. Who wants to have to upgrade their chip set every year to run any of these games on their max settings? I'd rather have a game designed for a specific platform and designed to work well on it.
    The people who want to play a game that pushes the limits rather than one thats dumbed down for console.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  22. #43
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default

    Pushing the limits is fine and dandy..... if you've got a lot (relatively speaking) of cash to throw around.

    If I did, I would, and once upon a time i actually did, but at the same time I do really appreciate how with consoles it's economical, you know it will run the same for you as everyone else, and the results are still solid to pretty damn good.

    That having been said, I wish the next gen consoles were here by now. Six+ years is a long time.

  23. #44
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,153

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    I agree with your point Hicks.

    I was just disagreeing with graphic-er that the game has been maximized for PS3 or 360. It just simply hasn't been. It has been dumbed down for both of those offerings. And it that's your bag, great go for it, I understand the ease of use the console offers. Just don't believe or act like you're getting the same game because you're really not.

    The 64 player matches in BF3 on PC are going to be insane.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  25. #45
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather play any of these games on the PS3 over PC. Who wants to have to upgrade their chip set every year to run any of these games on their max settings? I'd rather have a game designed for a specific platform and designed to work well on it.
    Xbox 360 wins my friend. By a mile!

  26. #46
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That having been said, I wish the next gen consoles were here by now. Six+ years is a long time.
    I agree...But starting over sucks....

  27. #47
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,928

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That having been said, I wish the next gen consoles were here by now. Six+ years is a long time.
    I'm glad nothing is being rushed. I agree with the last poster who said starting over sucks. I don't have a link for this but weren't both companies hoping to get a solid ten years out of their console? Both have basically ungraded them over the years, so I don't think that's all to unrealistic. I have the new 360 and have had no problems with it (this is my third 360).

  28. #48
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,767

    Default Re: Battlefield 3 or MW3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with your point Hicks.

    I was just disagreeing with graphic-er that the game has been maximized for PS3 or 360. It just simply hasn't been. It has been dumbed down for both of those offerings. And it that's your bag, great go for it, I understand the ease of use the console offers. Just don't believe or act like you're getting the same game because you're really not.

    The 64 player matches in BF3 on PC are going to be insane.
    However I never did say that the game was maxed out for the PS3 or Xbox.

    I said that I'd rather play games on the console system because of the reliable experience that they would work well for many many years. They aren't going release a game on PS3 or Xbox (yuck) that isn't going to run well on the system.

    As opposed to buying the next big game every year on PC and having to upgrade your system to run it at max settings. There are much better things to spend you money on than buying an Alien-ware Gaming Rig and upgrading the the videocard every other year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •