Thread: IBJ: Leading Questions with Coach Frank

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default IBJ: Leading Questions with Coach Frank

http://www.ibj.com/leading-questions.../article/28365

The text of it is just stuff we all already know but the video Q&A stuff is worth watching. Talks about team discipline, the 6 game losing streak in March, how he handles halftime, some other stuff. Shows some really quick ball spinning skills (still got it), unfortunately no toothbrush trick.

Also, haven't listened to it yet but DC did one of those 45 minute "One On One" interviews with Mark Montieth a few days ago, don't know if it's been posted. Here's the mp3 link.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Default Re: IBJ: Leading Questions with Coach Frank

Outstanding interview. Nice job by the reporter just asking him outright about discipline & the losing streak.

Every single solitary time I hear this guy talk I go away feeling uplifted and hopefull. This is so different than anyone we have ever had as a coach here & I'm not even taking another turn at kicking Satan here, I mean in my memory I can't think of another coach that we have had who has been as positive & confident as Frank has been so far.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean in my memory I can't think of another coach that we have had who has been as positive & confident as Frank has been so far.
    Looking just at the winning teams - Larry Brown spent most of his time talking about the things that needed fixing. Bird was just, well, Mr. Stoic. Carlisle was similar. Slick could get pretty excited about his team but he could get really down on them if they were stinking it up - his mood shifted with the quality of play.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking just at the winning teams - Larry Brown spent most of his time talking about the things that needed fixing. Bird was just, well, Mr. Stoic. Carlisle was similar. Slick could get pretty excited about his team but he could get really down on them if they were stinking it up - his mood shifted with the quality of play.
    The irony is that of all of them Bird was probably the most verbally upbeat, not that you could ever tell by either watching him or listening to him. But he also had huge faith in his club, however that particular club gave him plenty to have faith in.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13