Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT - Red Sox/Yankees, Game 7

Default Re: OT - Red Sox/Yankees, Game 7

Actually, I was really glad I saw pacertom's avatar tonight... it will keep me from surfing tomorrow at work.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

But the Red Sox has been to the WS before only to fail in recent decades. What they need to do in order to truly say that this "curse" (which I don't belive in btw) is to win the WS.

If they don't their end result is the same as the yankees.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But the Red Sox has been to the WS before only to fail in recent decades. What they need to do in order to truly say that this "curse" (which I don't belive in btw) is to win the WS.

If they don't their end result is the same as the yankees.
    Well you had BETTER not believe in curses, efx, because this has all the makings of a Yankee curse....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Since I don't believe in that sort of thing I'm fine
    And it was just one "bad" year for the yanks.

And it's baseball, which I don't really care about that much.

Having grown up in Europe I was never exposed to this sport until I moved here so it wasn't ingrained in me from the beginning.

Youman

If your not a big baseball fan then why do you have the yankees logo at your pic? You also act like this was no big deal? This was classic sports history.

Do I believe in the curse? YES! This series might not have finished it. But winning the greatest comeback in sports history, against the yankees was a maricle. And to break a cure in sports you have to beat the demons who cause you to suffer year after year.

RED SOX NATION ENDORSES DAVID ORTIZ FOR PRESIDENT!

Also Roger Clemens was my childhood idol, who helped make me the Red Sox fan I am today.

So I do hope the Astros beat the Cardnials. Because when the Sox have faced him in the last few years we smacked him around like a little biatch. But now I am back to being a fan of his. Now that he dosen't wear pin stripes.

GO RED SOX!!!
    [edit=525=1098346607][/edit]

I have it because I think it's one of the best designed logos out there, regardless of brand and design in general is something that I'm very interested in.

Secondly, I live in New York City so around these parts baseball gets pretty popular this time of year.

I tend to switch my avatars alot.

As far as the greatest comeback in sports history, do you include soccer there as well? Because there's been some comparable stuff there as well that gets overlooked in any conversation like this.

I don't believe in curses either.

Is it a big deal? Sure. But once it's over I don't care about it. The team I rooted for lost and I move on.
    I'm not into sports for the history. Just the entertainment.

The Red Sox will have home field advantage in the world series, thanks to the AL winning the all-star game.

Fenway Park provides the single biggest homefield advantage in all of baseball.

They hit 50 points or so higher as a team, with no dropoff in pitching.

Wow.

The avatar is to remind you that the National League series is all tied up.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)