Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lockout and the 2011 and 2012 drafts: what do we do?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: The lockout and the 2011 and 2012 drafts: what do we do?

I'm ok with having a 4 round draft, because of the two years crammed into one draft and next years projected as being deep and strong. Maybe a relaxation of the rules concerning keeping 9 players without having to sacrifice the highest pick would be an idea?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused. What do you mean about blowing up your team? My thinking is we're keeping our teams, with the roster cut to 8 players, then holding our three round draft as usual. I thought of maybe maybe adding a fourth round due to havng two year's worth of draft classes available, but given how shallow the third round ends up being anyway, I don't think that's needed, but I was envisioning things as business as usual. We'll just have a deeper draft so may that will help the people who just leave after the second round typically, sticking around and making their third round pick, since it may have more impact than it has in the past.
    scott, I think he's referring to my post in another thread.

We might have a major overhaul of the IKL depending on owner interest. I mentioned the possibility of a redraft as an extreme measure only.

Asking who wants to play while so many owners might be completely turned off by the lockout is not a good play.

I want an official announcement for the start of this (or next) season to happen, THEN we'll see who wants to play and who wants to join.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still in with the IKL, even though I'm swamped. I'll keep checking in to see what is up. I'm all for the idea of just keeping the teams and draft order as is if no season happens.