Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOCKOUT PROFESSION- Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Adrian Peterson, Ron Artest‏

Default LOCKOUT PROFESSION- Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Adrian Peterson, Ron Artest‏

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: LOCKOUT PROFESSION- Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Adrian Peterson, Ron Artest‏

I love it.

Default Re: LOCKOUT PROFESSION- Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Adrian Peterson, Ron Artest‏

Thanks for sharing this - it was surreal to watch. Loved the whole thing. Especially Tyson Chandler's bit.

The Tyson Chandler part and "Meta World Dad" were both excellent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha that was pretty good.

Am I the only person who still gets sick at their stomach whenever I have to watch Ron Artest smiling and having fun knowing that our club went through 6 years of hell because of some of the idiotic stunts he pulled? Not all his fault but he sure was the main player IMO.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Haha, good to see Blake Griffin has more of a personality than he lets on in interviews.

Watch Kevin Love's mouth starting at 43 seconds. Does he think he is supposed to be talking? LOL. Makes it even funnier.
    DG for 3

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, good to see Blake Griffin has more of a personality than he lets on in interviews.
    He's pretty funny. I liked him on Conan and when he was on Norm McDonalds Sports Show, that was hilarious.

Don't get me wrong I LOVED the commercial but at the same time its mind boggling when someone can actually joke about "not having a job". They even fool around with how much millions they'll charge for an easy job !! That, may be, puts on perspective their real take of playing basketball and earning millions for it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacemaker For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron Artest "Tomorrow!"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Am I the only person who still gets sick at their stomach whenever I have to watch Ron Artest smiling and having fun knowing that our club went through 6 years of hell because of some of the idiotic stunts he pulled? Not all his fault but he sure was the main player IMO.
    Oh come on. Ron had nothing to do with the last 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Was that supposed to be in green?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Let's try to keep this thread light. It was all pretty funny.

Anyway, time to get past Ron and let it go. We have bigger problems (i.e. Lance) to be worried about now.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Do I hate the state that we are in because of poor choices by Artest? Yes
    Do I hate Ron Artest to the point where he is never to be forgiven, smile, and have fun? No

It is time to move on.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Am I the only one who still thinks Ben Wallace and several dozen drunken Detroitans were more to blame? and a lack of security presence..

The announcers and especially studio team covering the game that night were much less harsh on the pacers than any of the aftermath media coverage was..and I believe to this day it's because there were to many ESPN "highlight" clips of our players clocking some fans, but it really was a frightening scene that had a lot of people acting out of character..even Reggie got a short suspension

Had it not gotten so totally out of hand at the Palace that night, maybe Ron is the only guy who gets suspended, possibly gets reinstated for the playoffs and our franchise history is totally changed if he comes back and redeems himself that season.

None of that goes to defending what Ron did at all. but I'm not bitter about it. He made a mistake but I don't blame him for feeling like he needed a fresh start. Nobody from the pacers or otherwise seems to think that he's a bad person. He seems to be a good teammate..or at least a guy you'd rather have with than against you.

I was happy to see him play a hell of a game 7 and win a ring. and even more happy to see him auction that ring off for charity. He's done a lot for mental health awareness, and he's obviously very self aware and doesn't mind laughing at himself.

All my resentment sticks with Jax and Tinsley, they were totally different animals, and I feel like they were much more culpable than Ron was in setting the franchise back

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lurkster For This Useful Post:

Ah you guys feel how you want & I'll feel how I want. I never liked him on our club and frankly I was never really a great fan of that particular club. But to see him doing his stupid act, knowing what he did here (the brawl was just a part of it btw) just rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry if that makes me less of a human being or something. In some ways I am gratefull to Ron for forcing the trade but then that also forced the Murphy trade as well and brought on 3.5 years of O'Brien.

I will just look forward to the future with a group of players I really like, but that still doesn't mean I will ever root for Ron.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

haha guys! This video was meant to be fun, not to stir up ill-feelings xD

Thats was very funny, loved it

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Yeah I don't root for Ron. I root against him. I don't get physically ill because of him. I think he is sad more than anything. I don't have pity for him. I feel he is just emotionally and socially handicapped. His act is tiring, but that is not just because of what he did here. It falls in the same line as Ocho and TO.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Ah you guys feel how you want & I'll feel how I want. I never liked him on our club and frankly I was never really a great fan of that particular club. But to see him doing his stupid act, knowing what he did here (the brawl was just a part of it btw) just rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry if that makes me less of a human being or something. In some ways I am gratefull to Ron for forcing the trade but then that also forced the Murphy trade as well and brought on 3.5 years of O'Brien.

I will just look forward to the future with a group of players I really like, but that still doesn't mean I will ever root for Ron.
    You sound like a Cavs fan or a Browns fan. I mean the team didn't leave or anything i mean ya it sucked he did that but life goes on.

I understanding being bitter and everything to a certain extend but.
    Ron has mental health problems you really cant blame him i mean he is bipolar.(I fault doctors and other people around him who didn't get him checked out sooner) Ron isn't like JR Smith or Lance who are just immature he has real issues that need medicine.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, P4E, that is total hogwash and the reason we (Pacers fans) got burned.

Everyone from Rons early days in Chicago (Just ask Jay, or pull oup his old threads) knew Ron had problems, and I even remember at one point Ron admitted he was on medication.

Instead of blaming doctors, how about we ****ing hold the man accountable for his own actions? I remember him hinting at one point here in Indiana he hated his medication because it made him feel weird. That is all find and all, but lets not blame those around him when the man clearly had a support system, he just choose not to use it.

Though if they is one person I seriously blame besides Ron, it is Walsh/Bird for overvaluing him and hanging on too long. They thought they could change him, clearly it backfired.

As for why he turned the corner in L.A. and not in Chicago, Indiana, or Sacramento.....who knows. Sure we can credit whatever doctor he thanked, but I think Phil Jackson probably had more to do with it then anything.

As for Ron now a days, I have a attitude very similar to Major Cold. I do not hate Ron the person, but I strongly dislike Ron the basketball player, and I felt sick to my stomach when he won his ring, so I can only imagine how Reggie felt. Sure we can blame Stern and Ben Wallace and a lack of security (and especially S. Jackson) but it does not matter. What happened happened and I will never root for him. Not sure I will go as far as rooting against him, but watching his team get knocked out of the playoffs is always something I will enjoy seeing.

/RANT

As for the video, I laughed. These guys have to walk a fine line because a lot of people are in crappy jobs and wish they could have the life of a pro athlete, but I enjoyed it. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves these guys are human to, and if shooting a video and hanging out keeps them sane/adds some enjoyment to their lives, more power to them.

I am absolutely tired of reading about the same old stuff OVER AND OVER. I don't care if you are still mad about it, I do not want to hear about it. Ron is pretty funny in this commercial.
    DG for 3