Thread: James Harrison's comments

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default James Harrison's comments

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ethlisberger/1

"My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a ***** who loves hitting the hell out of people," he says. "But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty -- till Roger Goodell, who's a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to **** to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him."
    On his QB during the SB:

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

Default Re: James Harrison's comments

Not much to say about that. He is what he is.

Perfect segue to this though:

http://www.sportstvjobs.com/resource...ts-quotes.html

Unfortunately, I have to agree with him in many respects here.

Doesn't mean he's not stupid for saying it though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah he's going to at least get fined if not suspended/relased from the Steelers after this stuff comes out.

He used a gay slur and trash talks the commish, threw his QB and RB under the bus, accuses the Patriots of cheating, and just sounds like a poor sport.

You are not bigger than your team or the league my man, in an ideal world I wouldn't mind if the commish banned this clown from the league at least for a couple years.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Many players may have similar feeling, but none are this dumb. You can't talk **** about your boss or teammates like that. He has no respect for Goodell, but how could any one respect him after this?

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's a shame when a player with his level of talent throws it away by being a grade a dumb***. I can almost forgive the straight-up dirty plays he makes, but this is just him sounding like a spoiled brat. I hope he gets cut.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

I agree neo. First couple times he was fined, maybe it was silly, but after a while you have to get your act together. After a while, the blame falls on you, silly rule or not.

For the record, I don't think the fines were silly either. Too many NFL players have too many health issues after their career, and while it will always be a violent sport, it does not need to be needlessly violent. You can make a good, hard, and legal hit leading with your shoulder and aiming for the guys chest. The only time you really need to use your head is if you are thinking.

I love how he compliments Troy and the defense.

That defense got torn apart in the S.B..

Banned

This is a story b/c no sports were being played and you can't cover the Soccer Gals 24 * 7.

I have no problem w/ what he said. He has a right to his opinion. Print Magazines are just trying to sell copies in a world gone mobile. I am not going to read the article or buy the magazine.

I dont understand how people that preach tolerence arent open to tolerating hate. If you are preaching tolerence you should tolerate different opinions!!! If somebody does not like the lifestyle homosexuals live they are entitled to their anti-homosexual opinion. It is not newsworthy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it is necessarily wrong, but it is dumb as heck.

Sure you CAN voice opinions like that on your boss or coworker, but it likely won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a story b/c no sports were being played and you can't cover the Soccer Gals 24 * 7.

I have no problem w/ what he said. He has a right to his opinion. Print Magazines are just trying to sell copies in a world gone mobile. I am not going to read the article or buy the magazine.

I dont understand how people that preach tolerence arent open to tolerating hate. If you are preaching tolerence you should tolerate different opinions!!! If somebody does not like the lifestyle homosexuals live they are entitled to their anti-homosexual opinion. It is not newsworthy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sure he has a right to his opinion but that opinion could also get him fired/fined/suspended.

The Steelers are probably going to do something to him because they also have right to choose who works for them and how they affect their business.

Just because you have the right to voice your opinion, doesn't mean you have the right not to be punished for it.

And anyways, the freedom of speech is about the government restricting your speech, not your employer. And no one is talking about tolerance, let alone preaching it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

You are only entitled as law as of the govt restricting your speech like S86 said.

You are entitled to tell me you hate gays and stupid people, and as your employer I am entitled to tell you I do not condone those types of comments and that you will no longer be working for me (or will be going without a paycheck for 12 weeks)

Not to mention throwing your teammates under the boss is about the stupidiest thing you can do. I can get over bashing the commish, though its prob not the best idea when your owners are no nonsense owners, but the other comments were just plain stupid.

Nothing surprising, though. Fish swim, dogs bark, and James Harrison continues to prove he is a good football player who should never open his mouth. What is said is the fact his teammates were not even surprised by these comments.

I love how he ripped the Patriots and called Teddi Bruschi and Rodney Harrison "clowns". I love how he basically said the Big Ben is overrated. Other than that, I think he's had too many helmet to helmet hits because it has F**ked up his brain.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

It should be pointed out that Mendenhall has responded to what Harrison had to say about him and basically said that Harrison is who he is, and this isn't anything new.

Basically they all know he's an idiot, and they don't pay much attention to what he says.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why his agent/publicist let him do more interviews, I will never understand.

Every time he talks to the media he just makes you shake your head. Great player, but please, just play the damn game.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

How you try to justify hitting a guy in the head and causing trauma to the brain for the sake of football is beyond comprehension. He minds being called a dirty player not hurting people.