Thread: Mark Jackson joins ESPN, David Aldridge to TNT

Default Mark Jackson joins ESPN, David Aldridge to TNT

Here is a short update from USA Today about NBA announcers. Jonh Saunders is an upgrade over Kevin Frazier, and it looks like Laimber is out, but Stephen A. is back. Not sure exactly what David Aldridge will be doing, but looks like a Peter Vescey type role perhaps.

"Former ESPN reporter David Aldridge will be TNT's NBA news reporter, TNT announced. ... In ESPN's new NBA lineup announced Tuesday, John Saunders becomes the main host of its studio show, replacing Kevin Frazier, who moved to Entertainment Tonight. His analysts: Greg Anthony, Tim Legler, Stephen A. Smith and newcomer Mark Jackson"

[edit=24=1098280457][/edit]

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Mark Jackson joins ESPN, David Aldridge to TNT

Overall it's a for me unless Mark actes like Tim Hardaway did. If it weren't for Stephen A., and some of their announcers like Bill Walton, and a couple others (There's the guy with the really annoying voice that I don't like) then they could actually get some respect from me.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Aldridge joining TNT? Great, all the more reason to watch TNT and shun ESPN, the glitter network.

Man, look at ESPN's line-up:

Stephen A-An untalented blowhard. Seriously, how is this guy on national TV?

Legler-zZZZzZZZzz

Greg A-zZZZzZZZZZ

John SAunders- SOMEbody has to play the straight guy.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

It's too bad Mark didn't ask me for advice. I wish him great luck, and I'm sure he'll do well, but I think he could have done better. But that's just me; I can't live his life for him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's too bad Mark didn't ask me for advice. I wish him great luck, and I'm sure he'll do well, but I think he could have done better. But that's just me; I can't live his life for him.
    Maybe we'll go out on a limb at the end of the season and pick up another washed up PG from ESPN this year...

Anyway, I still don't want to watch ESPN.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

John Saunders is one of the best play-by-play guys around. They shouldn't waste him in the studio. Plus, he's such a, for the lack of a better term, dignified presence, I just can't conceive him on the same set with that *** from Philly. :

Also, while I'm glad DA's got a job, sure seems like a waste of his talents. He needs to get a column at a major paper.

Speaking of which, RATS still has an opening, doesn't it...
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Also, in regards to Jax, did anybody hear Reggie on Dan Patrick today? I tell you, he's so knowledgable about sports in general and speaks so well, he should get a tv or radio job when all's said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Also, in regards to Jax, did anybody hear Reggie on Dan Patrick today? I tell you, he's so knowledgable about sports in general and speaks so well, he should get a tv or radio job when all's said and done.
    Reggie has done broadcasting; I believe for the WNBA and some other things...It's been a while since I read about it, but he's done it...

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Reggie has done broadcasting; I believe for the WNBA and some other things...It's been a while since I read about it, but he's done it...
    Yeah, he did WNBA for Lifetime for a couple years. He was okay, but I think he'd be great in an environment with a lot of different topics, like in studio or on the radio. Hell, Patrick has him on so much maybe he can fill the old Salisbury slot as the much needed 3rd man on there.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cool. GOod for him.

howboutanicebrew_er

Good for Jax, I always liked him, as a little kid I try to mimic him as a player-and I was good too

Reggie should coach, though he'd have to take Carlisle's job because he doesn't belong anywhere but Indy, we will never let him leave. So, I guess that means he'll be on the radio with Slick