Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76

Thread: Which Vet should Paul George study?

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Alex English would of been a nice addition to the coaching staff to mentor George he just signed with Sacramento as a assistant pretty similar style wise to what George should try to do.

    He had his break out season with the Pacers we should of tried to bring him back.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    James Herriot
    Danger Zone

  4. #53
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Clyde the Glide Drexler and Scottie Pippen
    Of coarse drives by MJ wouldn't hurt.

  5. #54
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,189
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clyde Drexler

    If he gets that first step and explodes like this man... look out.

    I've actually been surprised that this comparison hasn't come up more. They are the same build and almost identical height and weight. Both are very well rounded players on the defensive side too.

    Clyde was a career 20.4, 6.1, 5.6 player who developed his shot later in his career. That has PG written all over it. And by god am I happy with that idea.
    Drex was 6'5" and meaty. PG is 6'10" and lanky. But I think if he went after this skill set, with a solid set jumper, he would be the next big thing.

  6. #55

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Scottie Pippen. He reminds more of a Scottie lite than Granger does. Granger is a stud All Star type of player no doubt, but Paul has the potential to be a better defender, better at getting to the rim, a better passer, a better 3 shooter, a better dribbler, better at posting his man up, and a better rebounder. So obviously if PG ever out did Granger in those areas dude would be a stud super-star. But by doing that he would be much more like Pippen than Granger.

    Pippen is broke. If I were Bird I would be throwing money at him left and right to get him to come in and mentor both George and Granger, because Scottie is Granger's idol from childhood, and they both play such a similar all around game to Scottie, though not at near his level yet. Imagine if he worked with both of them and helped them both be closer to Scottie 2.0, instead of Scottie lite. We could become unstoppable with two Pippen molds.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drex was 6'5" and meaty. PG is 6'10" and lanky. But I think if he went after this skill set, with a solid set jumper, he would be the next big thing.
    He was 6'7" and skinny like 210 lbs. He was about 220 lbs. before he retired.
    He played sf/sg
    Not sure who you was watching!

  9. #57
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    For some reason I keep thinking Paul George will develop into being a more athletic Joe Johnson in his prime.

  10. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    I was watching Rudy Gay yesterday and he looks similar to PG, I think he should learn from Rudy.

  11. #59
    Member trey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    232
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was watching Rudy Gay yesterday and he looks similar to PG, I think he should learn from Rudy.
    Rudy Gay was killing yesterday wasn't he? Man he has turned into a great player.

  12. #60
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,189
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was 6'7" and skinny like 210 lbs. He was about 220 lbs. before he retired.
    He played sf/sg
    Not sure who you was watching!
    Me was watching the television!!!!!


    Looks shorter than the 6'6" MJ

    Looks shorter than the 6'7" Pippen

    He was stockier even with 210 on a 6'5" frame than George with 220 on a 6'10" frame.

  13. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rudy Gay was killing yesterday wasn't he? Man he has turned into a great player.
    Yep he is a beast.

  14. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,608

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My expectations must be far lower than everyone else because my initial thought was Trevor Ariza.

    They seem very similar to me.
    Your expectations ARE very low. It's not a stretch (though, early in the season) to say that PG is better than Ariza already. I see the similarities though, body type and Ariza is a very solid defender. But George appears to have a much better shooting stroke and more athleticism.
    Last edited by Ozwalt72; 01-13-2012 at 05:25 PM.

  15. #63
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,591

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    I have one suggestion, just because two players have similar body types does not mean he is the best player for George to learn from.

  16. #64
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    I see a lot of Rudy Gay in Paul.

    I've always felt that he'd be a second coming of Rudy.

  17. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Oliver Miller. Paul just needs to gain 70 lbs. and they'd be the same size and everything.

    Being serious for a moment, I think the style and skill set make a lot more sense for these comparisons. I agree Kobe and McGrady would be good targets.

  18. #66
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,086

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    IDK. Not Granger.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  20. #67
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,603
    Mood

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Kevin Durant

  21. #68
    Member A.B.Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rudy Gay was killing yesterday wasn't he? Man he has turned into a great player.
    And we had an abundance of people here crying foul when the whole Rudy for Granger talk heated up last year.

    How that is even a question is beyond me. Rudy Gay has elite level talent. Damn he would look good in the Blue & Gold.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

  22. #69

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And we had an abundance of people here crying foul when the whole Rudy for Granger talk heated up last year.

    How that is even a question is beyond me. Rudy Gay has elite level talent. Damn he would look good in the Blue & Gold.
    No offense, but Granger has showed he has elite level talent more times than Rudy Gay ever has. The grass is always greener...Rudy is on a steady decline statistically, but his team is getting better so that is a good thing. He just never struck me as a better player than Granger. There isn't one statistic out there that says he is better than Granger. Well maybe through 11 games this year on offense, but Danny is a stud defensively right now. When Danny warms up we will start winning more games like a top 5 team should, in dominant fashion.

  23. #70

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    He reminds me a bit of T-mac, similar demeanor's. Can't see any Kobe or MJ in him though.

  24. #71
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,086

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2315 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He reminds me a bit of T-mac, similar demeanor's. Can't see any Kobe or MJ in him though.
    T-Mac was averaging nearly 27ppg at the same age. He did enter the league a couple years earlier though. I would like to see it happen and I like PG24 a lot, but he's not showing it IMO. Granger was supposed to be the second coming of Scottie Pippen and he isn't close to that. My expectations for Paul are slowly dropping. They remain high, but talk of the next T-Mac is beginning to look unrealistic. Give him a year though. If he's not showing consistent greatness by this time next year, I'd have to say I will be a doubter. Still, he'll be a good NBA basketball player but one of the best players in the league? Not sure about that.

  25. #72
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,086

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but Danny is a stud defensively right now.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  27. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,229

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    On defense, Derek Mckey and Scottie Pippen. He will be 2-3 times better than Mckey because of the athleticism.

    On offense and ball distribution, Lamar Odom but with a stronger mental attitude.

  28. #74
    Member A.B.Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense, but Granger has showed he has elite level talent more times than Rudy Gay ever has. The grass is always greener...Rudy is on a steady decline statistically, but his team is getting better so that is a good thing. He just never struck me as a better player than Granger. There isn't one statistic out there that says he is better than Granger. Well maybe through 11 games this year on offense, but Danny is a stud defensively right now. When Danny warms up we will start winning more games like a top 5 team should, in dominant fashion.
    I don't take offense that you're wrong. No worries
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to A.B.Hollywood For This Useful Post:


  30. #75

    Default Re: Which Vet should Paul George study?

    Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't take offense that you're wrong. No worries
    I went and looked into Gay a little more and he is a solid player. He is shooting scary bad from three this year and his PPG are down, just like Danny. If anything I would say they are about in the same league offensively. I have seen Gay light us up over and over so I'm not going to trash him that much. I just think Granger is the better all around player.

Similar Threads

  1. Iman Shumpert (with Paul George comparisons)
    By Rogco in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
  2. Your Opinions (and mine) on Utilizing Paul George
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
  3. Shear Sports Podcasts: Paul George Interview
    By GetBuckets in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM
  4. Paul George
    By dgranger17 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM
  5. Eddie George to star in play
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •