Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 177

Thread: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

  1. #26
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? 3rd World in D.C? I'm pretty sure they have in door plumbing in DC, along with reliable electric power grids, and various other infrastructure amenities.

    What you are describing is just blighted urban areas resulting from people who can't get out their own way. Thats not 3rd world.
    The more of your answers in this thread I read, the more I am convinced you would not be able to point at a world map and point out Turkey.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  2. #27
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? 3rd World in D.C? I'm pretty sure they have in door plumbing in DC, along with reliable electric power grids, and various other infrastructure amenities.

    What you are describing is just blighted urban areas resulting from people who can't get out their own way. Thats not 3rd world.
    As opposed to Turkey?

    Let's also not forget we gave several Euro/International posters here, by the way.....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    The funny part in all this 3rd world country argument is that if Indiana was a country by itself, it would be a 3rd world country
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.

  5. #29
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funny part in all this 3rd world country argument is that if Indiana was a country by itself, it would be a 3rd world country
    If you say so....

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,813

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. There are "3rd world" environments in every country. Yes, even in the mighty U.S.A. I live in DC, and if you make a couple wrong turns from the Capitol at night... you're in another world.

    I wish him the best. Hopefully he actually plays for them, instead of just collecting some extra money on the side.


    I had a friend from Brazil with me when we made a wrong turn in Gary, IN. He was the one saying it felt like a third world country.

  8. #31
    Member Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think that's a complety unrealistic position. Euroleague teams have less spare money than Besiktas, they value first half of the season less than Besiktas, and D-Will in Euroleague (for half a season) isn't enough of an upgrade to be worth the trouble compared to Besiktas.
    Ok i suppose, sounds ridiculous to me, but then again, 20 years ago i used to believe in santa claus.
    Sort of.
    But well, that's what I think. Personal opinion, as odd as it sounds. I've heard experts on tv (euroleague special for the groups formation) agree with what I stated, for what is worth, so we all will probably receive something good from santa this year
    As soon as a great name signs with a top euroleague club, I'll tip my hat to you, no problem. Until then, we'll probably disagree.

  9. #32
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funny part in all this 3rd world country argument is that if Indiana was a country by itself, it would be a 3rd world country
    This isn't true either. Jeez people think for a second before you speak.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The funny part in all this 3rd world country argument is that if Indiana was a country by itself, it would be a 3rd world country
    Everything about this post is entirely preposterous.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The more of your answers in this thread I read, the more I am convinced you would not be able to point at a world map and point out Turkey.
    You would be wrong, I know where Turkey is on the Map.

    Look the comparison of DC to Turkey does not work. No Matter how run down DC is, there is generally no where in DC that lacks basic westernized infrastructure, from Water, plumbing, power, education.

    Now Turkey on the other hand. I'm not sure I would even classify it as 3rd world anymore as it is developing nicely, and is a member the E8. Certainly an emerging economy. But we can say that there are large swathes of regions in Turkey where basic infrastructure is absent or barely adequate.

    Just because some neighborhoods are poor and crumbling does not mean they even come close to "3rd World" conditions. You know they aint crapping in outhouses and the trash man still comes by every Thursday in D.C.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  14. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't true either. Jeez people think for a second before you speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything about this post is entirely preposterous.
    There was an article not long ago comparing Indiana to 3rd world countries and yes if Indiana was a country it would be a 3rd world country, by the way 3rd world country doesn't mean that the country is in ruins or anything like that.

  15. #36
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would be wrong, I know where Turkey is on the Map.

    Look the comparison of DC to Turkey does not work. No Matter how run down DC is, there is generally no where in DC that lacks basic westernized infrastructure, from Water, plumbing, power, education.

    Now Turkey on the other hand. I'm not sure I would even classify it as 3rd world anymore as it is developing nicely, and is a member the E8. Certainly an emerging economy. But we can say that there are large swathes of regions in Turkey where basic infrastructure is absent or barely adequate.

    Just because some neighborhoods are poor and crumbling does not mean they even come close to "3rd World" conditions. You know they aint crapping in outhouses and the trash man still comes by every Thursday in D.C.
    You have proven your total ignorance on the subject of Turkey, you are therefore forgiven.

    Let me rest with the fact that Costantinople was a metropole before America was discovered.
    In Istanbul alone about 15 million people will disagree with you
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  16. #37
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    It makes sense, keeps him in game shape and can earn some easy money (assuming he doesn't get hurt). However, I just wonder how it will affect his legs for a long, even if shortened, NBA season.

  17. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was an article not long ago comparing Indiana to 3rd world countries and yes if Indiana was a country it would be a 3rd world country, by the way 3rd world country doesn't mean that the country is in ruins or anything like that.
    I forgot that everything I read is fact regardless of the source or writer. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #39
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    I also question if anyone here realizes that third world countries are actually countries with governments that fail to align with capitalism or communism as a governing style. It was coined after WW2. The media has ruined it and made it mean poor or under developed. The term you guys are all looking for is a "developing country".

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #40
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have proven your total ignorance on the subject of Turkey, you are therefore forgiven.

    Let me rest with the fact that Costantinople was a metropole before America was discovered.
    In Istanbul alone about 15 million people will disagree with you
    No ****? Millions of people lived in cities in Turkey before America was discovered. Just because alot of people live there does not mean its developed.
    Freaking India is still considered a developing country. My gosh

    *removed* keep it about the message and not the messenger please

    15 million people in Istanbul, and I bet the majority of them live in conditions that are worse than what you find in the most blighted neighborhood of D.C. Last time I checked, D.C. doesn't have tin sheet slums with millions of people living in them.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  21. #41
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,078
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think this is odd behavior from him?

    More bizarre than usual I guess.

  22. #42
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also question if anyone here realizes that third world countries are actually countries with governments that fail to align with capitalism or communism as a governing style. It was coined after WW2. The media has ruined it and made it mean poor or under developed. The term you guys are all looking for is a "developing country".
    Yes you are right, I certainly misused the term 3rd world, its has been mistakenly aligned with poor underdeveloped countries.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. #43
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,996

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also question if anyone here realizes that third world countries are actually countries with governments that fail to align with capitalism or communism as a governing style. It was coined after WW2. The media has ruined it and made it mean poor or under developed. The term you guys are all looking for is a "developing country".
    Don't get started with facts, it will ruin the conversation.

  24. #44
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    I think you're all missing out on the real story here.


    Zaza Pachulia is going to play for Besiktas.
    Grown Man Ball

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  26. #45
    The Sweet Sound Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Can we keep this on topic, please? Go argue about stupid **** somewhere else.

  27. #46

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Let's be realistic here. How many NBA players do you think will go play overseas? 10x more will not. But there again, who are the ones who could be hurt the most by an NBA lockout? Not Deron Williams type players!
    I hope the average NBA players break with the agents and superstars to come back and play. After all, they are the ones who will get hurt by whatever system gets put in place.

  28. #47
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's be realistic here. How many NBA players do you think will go play overseas? 10x more will not. But there again, who are the ones who could be hurt the most by an NBA lockout? Not Deron Williams type players!
    I hope the average NBA players break with the agents and superstars to come back and play. After all, they are the ones who will get hurt by whatever system gets put in place.
    I agree, wouldn't that be something to see?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #48
    The Sweet Sound Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Apparently the coach of the Turkey team wants to set a meeting with Kobe Bryant. Here's a quote that Woj tweeted:

    Ataman: "If Kobe wants to play during lockout, wants to play with Deron, live in 1 of world's best cities, we can find some deal on money."

  30. #49
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Maybe we should employ the use of one of these:













  31. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  32. #50
    The Sweet Sound Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Deron Williams Signs with Turkish Club

    Why?

Similar Threads

  1. Scott Van Pelt influence of Jordan Williams to go pro?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 06:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
  5. Shawne Williams
    By reast57 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •