Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Wells blog on today's Vogel announcement (see post #9's Shaw video)

Sports Logo

Default Re: Mike Wells blog on today's Vogel announcement (see post #9's Shaw video)

Wow...after watching that youtube video of Shaw....I really think that it was a HUGE mistake that the Lakers FO in not hiring Shaw to be their Head Coach.

I did not know that he was a former Celtic. I really hope that being tied to the Celtics Organization in some format isn't one of the pre-requisites that Bird has when it comes to hiring anyone to the FO or Coaching Staff.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Mike Wells blog on today's Vogel announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully, whatever post player we add will be good at that. And hopefully we'll have assistant coaches helping.

I agree though, in general, I didn't like the offense. I know Vogel tried to simplify it, and I was okay with that. But it needs to get better. He said he wanted an offense like the Celtics. THAT is a good idea. And hopefully he instills that. Vogel learns very quickly from other coaches, so I don't think he'll have a problem teaching it.
    Which Celtics Offense was he referring to?

The Doc Rivers-era Celtics?

or

The Bird/McHale-era Celtics?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Mike Wells blog on today's Vogel announcement (see post #9's Shaw video)

Hopefully not the Pierce/Walker era Celtics.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

It was in reference to the modern Celtics.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    I pretty much agree with what Cable said.

One reason I'm excited about Shaw is that he and Derek Fisher were reportedly the only guys in the Lakers organization that would stand up to Kobe. It's also said that Kobe respected him for that and was on record for wanting Shaw to be the next head coach. I think that bodes well for us.

One reason I'm concerned is that Vogel, in the presser yesterday, said that the offense would look much the same as it did at the end of last year. If I had to choose a word to describe our offense at the end of last year, I'd have trouble choosing between "putrid" and "atrocious". I was willing to excuse this because of Vogel's lack of true practice time with the team. If - and this is a big "if", I know - he gets a full training camp and we're still running 3 unsuccessful PnR's to start every possession, it's going to make me sick.
    Good post but I don't think the offensive sets were the problem but the players running were. I think an upgrade in a couple of spots (George Hill could be one of those upgrades) will help the offense flow better.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Which Celtics Offense was he referring to?

The Doc Rivers-era Celtics?

or

The Bird/McHale-era Celtics?
    I assumed he meant the one in current years. Although they struggled last year, in previous years, they had a pretty efficient offense.