Thread: IND/PHI/HOU/LAC Pipedream

Default IND/PHI/HOU/LAC Pipedream

4 team deals almost never work out but whatever here it is.

Indiana gets:
    1 - Jordan Hill
    2 - Courtney Lee
    3 - Eric Bledsoe
    4 - Elton Brand

The first 3 acquisitions are pretty obvious in their value as key pieces to add to our core and all are still very young prospects. Brand is the catch but a small one in my opinion. He can still contribute plenty in the remaining 2 years on his deal not to mention the fact that a large portion of one of the years will be eaten up by the lockout. I would be pretty happy with a lineup moving forward of:

PG - Collison, Hill, Bledsoe
    SG - Lee, Jones, Stevenson
    SF - Granger, George
    PF - Brand, Hansbrough, McBob
    C - Hibbert, Hill, Foster

Philadelphia gets:
    1 - Brandon Rush
    2 - James Posey
    3 - Hasheem Thabeet
    4 - Ryan Gomes
    5 - Willie Warren
    6 - 2012 1st rounder from LA
    7 - Future 1st from HOU
    8 - Future 2nd from IND

The biggest win for the 76ers here is moving ALL of their unwanted big contracts simultaneously while also getting 2 1st round picks, one of which is in a strong draft as well as not taking back ANY big contracts. Rush, Warren, and Thabeet are all still prospects that could develop into something…although none are very highly touted.

Houston gets:
    1 - Kris Kaman
    2 - Mo Speights
    3 - Andres Nocioni
    4 - Randy Foye

Houston gets 2 player at their biggest positional weakness, C. Kaman gives them instant production while Speights gives them a prospect with legitimate upside. Nocioni is another player that lets them compete imediately and adds depth to the SF spot that is somewhat shallow with only Budinger. Foye still has some value as well. They do give up a 1st round pick but its doubtful that it is more than a mid round pick and they have plenty of youth already.

Los Angeles gets:
    1 - Andre Iguodala
    2 - Craig Brackins
    3 - Johnny Flynn
    4 - AJ Price

Iguodala gives LA the SF that they crave as well as a legit PG prospect for the future to play a season or 2 behing Williams. Brackins and Price are both throw ins to the deal but both have some value. They do give up a 1st round pick next season but it is their own while they still retain MIN's which promises to be a better pick anyway.

Pretty unlikely that all 4 teams could agree on the values here but I think its a decent deal for all teams involved.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND/PHI/HOU/LAC Pipedream

Courtney Lee
    Eric Bledsoe

just dont fit here now with the Hill trade

this is a well put together trade. I think the Clips give up too much they have high hopes for Bledsoe and they probably wont trade next years pick. (even though they have two with the Twolves pick also.)

But it is very close

Yeah I can see how Bledsoe might not fit…..Lee on the other hand I think fits very well, George Hill should not be out long term answer at the 2…I like him as a combo off the bench at both spots, but he just isnt big enough to be a full time 2…..I think he and Lee would be a nice combo there however

Pipedream?

You could dream a lot bigger trades than this one, buddy.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pipedream?

You could dream a lot bigger trades than this one, buddy.
    its a pipe dream because this would be one of the biggest trades people wise in NBA history. Damn near impossible for this big of trade to happen.