Thread: Devin Moore article in IndyStar

Hybrid View

Default Devin Moore article in IndyStar

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011.../1058/SPORTS03

Indianapolis' Moore wants to become a Colt 'everybody can cheer for'

Devin Moore isn't sweating the uncertainty of the NFL lockout, but he's also not sounding like a player whose job is secure when he returns to the Indianapolis Colts.

Despite having two years left on his contract, the former Cardinal Ritter High School star said he has a lot to prove after his 2010 Colts debut as a kick returner ended abruptly. A shoulder/neck injury landed Moore on injured reserve after just four games.

"I'm looking to show why they kept me in the beginning and that I've grown," said Moore, who averaged 21.4 yards on 12 kickoff returns. "I want to be that hometown Colt again, the guy everybody can cheer for."

Moore assures he is healthy and is bulking up 10 pounds to 200 so he can be a stronger blocker.

"I can still run and be fast, maintain my agility and hit some of those bigger linebackers and be able to hold them off," he said.

His offseason workout routine has been in Indianapolis and has included joining teammates to practice with quarterback Peyton Manning. The workouts at area high schools have been hush-hush.

"I'm not really sure I can say much about that," Moore said with a chuckle. "I've said it time and time again, though: Peyton is pretty much a coach on the field out there. We will be ready to play when the lockout ends."

Default Re: Devin Moore article in IndyStar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He really was a good returner for us when he was in there. Hopefully we have finally found our guy. I'm sick of the ever revolving door of sub par kick returners, but our special teams blocking isn't the greatest either. Still Moore looked more impressive than most we've had before he got hurt.

You got to love Peyton. He is coaching our offense right now. I wonder what our defense is up to?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post: