Thread: IND ATL PHX

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default IND ATL PHX

Pacers trade: Rush, Jones, McRoberts, Posey and 2012 1st rnd draft pick - lottery protected, 2013 2nd rnd pick.
    Pacers get: Josh Smith, Vince Carter, Markeiff Morris.

Suns trade: Carter, Lopez, Morris.
    Suns get: James Posey, Brandon Rush, Keith Benson, Pacers 2013 2nd rnd pick.

Hawks trade: Smith, Benson.
    Hawks get: Robin Lopez, Josh McRoberts, Dahntey Jones, Pacers 2012 1st rnd pick - lottery protected.

Suns are trying to buy out Carter's contract. I would think they would show interest on trading him to open their cap space.
    This would allow to resign Brooks and whoever else they need to fill needs.

S&T Josh - Pacers have rookie rights on Josh.

Brandon Rush, Dahntey Jones, James Posey - Dropped 13 million.

Sign:
    Jeff Foster 2 yrs. 3mil.
    Aaron Gray 3 yrs. 4.5mil.
    Matt Howard 500k 1yr.

Markieff Morris 1.5mil. for 1st yr.?
    Josh Smith's contract is only 2 yrs. So, he shouldn't mess with our extensions on DC & Hans.

Approx. figures on salaries
    37-13=24+18=42+12=54+1.5=55.5+1.5=57+1.5=58.5+.5=59mi llion.
    18 million is Carter's which comes off at end of year.
    Will put Pacers back down to 40.5mil at end of year and able to sign Hibbert and Hill extensions.

I just threw Gray in line up for head count & salary fill.

Roy Hibbert / Arron Gray / Jeff Foster
    Josh Smith / Tyler Hansbrough / Markieff Morris
    Danny Granger / Paul George / Matt Howard
    Vince Carter / George Hill / Lance Stephenson
    Darren Collison / AJ Price
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-04-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Sports Logo

Default Re: IND ATL PHX

Hawks say no, Suns say no
    Suns basically trade their rookie for a 2013 second round pick and a second rounder from this year
    Hawks basically trade Josh Smith for a protected first round pick
    Neither will take this
    By the way, why do we need Morris if Smith is the starting PF and Hansbrough is the backup one?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hawks say no, Suns say no
    Suns basically trade their rookie for a 2013 second round pick and a second rounder from this year
    Hawks basically trade Josh Smith for a protected first round pick
    Neither will take this
    By the way, why do we need Morris if Smith is the starting PF and Hansbrough is the backup one?
    Suns are giving up Lopez for the 18mil contract of Carter that they desperately are trying to get out of so they can resign Brooks and other team needs. Suns are giving up Morris for Rush, Benson, and a 2013 2nd rnd pick and to make this trade happen. I think this is more then they can ask for.

Hawks are getting a Promising Center in Lopez. Hawks are getting a PF/C in McRoberts that they have to have for solid rotation and he could play the center at time if needed. They are getting a 1st rnd pick of the 2012 draft that is suppose to be one of the best in years. They get a veteran backup SG in Jones that can give them solid spot minutes for a cheap contract that they could have used in the playoffs. They give a big crap shot in Benson to the Suns just to give the Suns a Center prospect. If, The Hawks would want something else it would probably be another future draft pick as they don't have the salary room to take on more contracts of value. They will have to sign Lopez an extension at the end of year. However, I don't think the Pacers would be willing to give up a second future 1st rnd pick, Smith isn't Melo or D-Will, if he was they wouldn't be willing to trade him.

The Pacers can develope Morris the 1st year as most rookies sit on the bench and get spot minutes. He would be there if a injury or foul trouble happens to Smith/Hans. Not a bad thing to have a rookie big.

BTW, you say that Hawks wouldn't do thiis trade. Yet, You propose a rediculous trade with Hawks giving Smith for Gortat and Rush....Really! LOL

Sports Logo

Vince Carter is a free agent. Josh Mcroberts is a free agent. If you're going to include them, say how much money they're going to make, since it's S&T.

Again, Suns trade their #13 pick for some second rounders. I still don't get it. And if they want to clear salary NOW then why would they need Posey?

Robin Lopez is young, but not really promising. He's been 3 years in the league and done nothing. There is a reason Lopez backs up Gortat- Gortat is good enough to be a starting center while Lopez isn't, which is why I think my trade makes sense.
    Don't get me wrong, Lopez is probably going to improve, but if the Hawks trade Smith it's going to be for a starting center, not a maybe future starting center, and this is why they are saying no in my opinion.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Vince Carter is a free agent. Josh Mcroberts is a free agent. If you're going to include them, say how much money they're going to make, since it's S&T.

Again, Suns trade their #13 pick for some second rounders. I still don't get it. And if they want to clear salary NOW then why would they need Posey?

Robin Lopez is young, but not really promising. He's been 3 years in the league and done nothing. There is a reason Lopez backs up Gortat- Gortat is good enough to be a starting center while Lopez isn't, which is why I think my trade makes sense.
    Don't get me wrong, Lopez is probably going to improve, but if the Hawks trade Smith it's going to be for a starting center, not a maybe future starting center, and this is why they are saying no in my opinion.
    You seem to be trying to devalue my trade by saying things incorrectly. Please stay on cue...K! TY

You don't get trading Morris for Rush, Benson and a future 2nd rounder?
    What do you not get man. Rush is no 2nd rounder. He was drafted 13th just 3 years ago and he is a good ball player and will play in the league for many years to come. Suns also get Benson and a future 2nd rounder.

Josh McRoberts is a Restricted FA, Pacers have rookie rights on him due to him being signed with the Pacers for 3 or more years as a rookie. Josh's Value wouldn't matter cause both Hawks and Suns are bringing in less value then going out!

Vince Carter has a Player Option of 18 million dollars. He is not a FA. He took his OPTION and Suns are trying to buy him out. If Suns don't get a buy out on him or traded, Vince will be playing for the Suns. I have the values of Carter in my first post...k!

Suns take Posey 7mil so Pacers can take Carters 18mil....Hello!!!

Lopez is a starter in alot of systems, he just isn't for the Suns and the Suns have realized this. But you are right, Lopez probaly isn't good enough for Josh Smith. However, Look around the NBA and tell me who else Hawks can get for Smith. There is alot more good/great PF available then Centers. They can't get to picky or they will just keep Smith. Besides, Hawks are also getting 2012 1st pick, Josh and Jones.

Also, The Suns will not trade Gortat so forget about him.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Pretty good trade, but Suns have no reason to trade Markieff. You can take him out of it and it still works pretty well. No way the Suns do it if he's in it though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    Pretty good trade, but Suns have no reason to trade Markieff. You can take him out of it and it still works pretty well. No way the Suns do it if he's in it though.
    Yea, I had a hard time on that, I see your point. If thats the case then Pacers could pull back the 2nd rnd draft pick to the Suns...you think?

Sports Logo

The thing is, contract has team option, not player option, confirmed by HoopsHype. But let's drop it for now and assume he makes 18 million and has negative value which results in him "balancing" Lopez.
    The Morris trade: I just don't think it's that good. It's like us trading Kawhi Leonard for Jerryd Bayless and two second round picks. Can you honestly say it's a good deal for us? Bayless was picked 11 and is a bench guy just like Rush, except Bayless is younger, which is why they have a similar trade value.

And the thing about Smith and the Hawks... If they can't get a good center, they won't be trading for one. The optimal case is Horford at PF, but in my eyes Smith(PF)+Horford(C) can do better than Horford(PF)+Lopez(C) which is why they won't be taking this trade. The picks mean less when you're trying to compete, and if Gerald Wallace got traded for 2 first round picks I assume Smith is worth at least that. J-mac and Jones, They're fillers. Bottom line here is Atlanta gets a 50-50 starter/bench player, 2 bench guys, and a teen pick for a quality starter. It just doesn't make them better.

If I were to believe in Lopez as you seem to, I'd somehow make him come to us and send Hibbert to Atlanta for Smith, something the hawks will take

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Yea, I had a hard time on that, I see your point. If thats the case then Pacers could pull back the 2nd rnd draft pick to the Suns...you think?
    Nah, if we can get Smith without losing any of our 6 core players, you gotta do it. If we added Smith that pick would probably be like 50th overall, so it's not much of a loss.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post: