Thread: How good is Lamar Odom

Default How good is Lamar Odom

Watching the Pacers v Heat today I thought it would be a good idea to ask just how good is Lamar Odom.

I have loved his game ever since his rookie season, three things have held him back. Being on the Clippers, being injured so often and drug problems.

But I never questioned his game.

Odom was great today, IMO he was the best player on the floor for either team, although J.O was right there also.

What can't Odom do. Normally his outside shooting is not the best, but today he was hot, and he can handle the ball like a guard, pass the ball like a point guard and his defense and rebounding are excellent.

I don't think Artest has had as much trouble with anyone this whole season on both ends of ther floor.

Most of Miami's open shots they got were because of Lamar.

Any list of top 5 players in the eastern conference must include Lamar.

Default Re: How good is Lamar Odom

Yeah, I was so hoping back in '99 LA would leave him for us. *******s.

Fell in love with his game back at Rhode Island. If only he'd get his head screwed on straight, he'd be a monster.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Fell in love with his game back at Rhode Island. If only he'd get his head screwed on straight, he'd be a monster.
    In Bird's book he says that's who we would have picked if not for LA. He was our first choice.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In Bird's book he says that's who we would have picked if not for LA. He was our first choice.
    I wonder though? I remember before he was drafted that there was a lot of talk about this guys attitude being so bad, or some severe baggage would follow his career. It does seem that Indy does go a long way to make sure that they get good guys, and at the time...Lamar didn't seem to fit the profile.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

By the way, the kids game is sick!!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I wonder though? I remember before he was drafted that there was a lot of talk about this guys attitude being so bad, or some severe baggage would follow his career. It does seem that Indy does go a long way to make sure that they get good guys, and at the time...Lamar didn't seem to fit the profile.
    Beats me. I'm just reporting what I read.

how is is lamar odom.?

I have him on my fantasy league... so stats wise I can say he is very good..

after a slow start he is beginning to show how good he is..

what I like about him is his well rounded game... he is like a mini garnett..

score/rebounds/assist/blocks..

I am impressed with his blocks and rebounding...

very nice pick up by miami...

How good is Lamar? I would trade Artest for Odom.

I think too that as far as players with bad raps his is one of the least deserved. He plays a team game and one reason he doesn't get a lot of credit is that he is very unselfish.

To the point of whether or not we would have taken him--the Pacers traded to get Tins another player with a bad rap on draft day.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

The only reason Lamar Odom fell to the 4th pick was because of his attitude and rumors of drug and other problems. If he had the same reputation oas Elton Brand there is no doubt Odom would have been the number one pici that year. DW said after the draft that the pacers has Odom rated as the best player in that draft.

On a side note, Dwayne Wade is a player also. If it weren't for his numerous injuries people would be saying that he is almost as good as Lebron and Mello. Wade is going to be some kind of player.

Here's how good he is.

Ron Artest could not handle him yesterday, at all.

That is NOT an insult to Ron, that just tells you how good Odom was. He was a dominate monster.

If he played every game like he did yesterday, then I would say he would be in the same league as T-Mac.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

He was soooo good yesterday. No only did Lamar have a stellar game, but he made Eddie Jones look young and he made Wade look like a veteran.

In my book, he only lacks consistency, which is in part affected by his history of being injury-prone and history of substance abuse.

I'd like to see a list of what people around here believe are the top-five players in the East? I don't think he makes it over Ron, and I'm not sure Ron is top-five material (but they're both definitely top-ten material).
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

As others have said, except for the drug and injury problems he's outstanding - a slightly smaller, SLIGHTLY less talented version of Kevin Garnett.

I think the drug problems are behind him. I'd just be worried about his ankles.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire