Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

  1. #1
    Pass That
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, West Lafayette
    Age
    27
    Posts
    144

    Default (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Seems to be getting some much needed work in while he's locked out.



    PG just sounds like he is on track to be a true pro very soon. I can't doubt his drive and work ethic. Really can't wait to see the potential turn into visible on the court results.
    Last edited by MrPreGame; 07-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MrPreGame For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Does he ever take off those Pacer shorts? lol

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

    rel

  5. #3
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    I hope he is always representing Indiana Gotta love Paul.

  6. #4
    Pass That
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, West Lafayette
    Age
    27
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Ive been waiting years for a Pacer to proudly represent the team. If he keeps aiming to be like the Kobe Bryant's of the world then I can't find a fault with the guy. Dare i say franchise savior? (i know i know calm down lol)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  7. #5

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    He is definetly very well spoken. You would think you are listening to a seasoned superstar giving an interview.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  9. #6

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    I just can't stop thinking of Lance and this guy in their primes in 2 years destroying other teams. I've said it before, between the two you have two guys that match up well with an aging LeBron and Dwade. I can't think of any team in the East that has two 20 year back court old talents, one 6'5, one 6'9, both with above average wingspans, that both could be potential superstars one day.

    This is why I think we could contend very soon. We did it with Reggie and a bunch of good/average players. There is no reason to think this group can't do the same or even better, because they have a lot more natural talent than the Pacers that competed for a decade.

  10. #7
    Member A.B.Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPreGame View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive been waiting years for a Pacer to proudly represent the team. If he keeps aiming to be like the Kobe Bryant's of the world then I can't find a fault with the guy. Dare i say franchise savior? (i know i know calm down lol)
    Good god the pressure that is on this kid is palpable.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to A.B.Hollywood For This Useful Post:


  12. #8

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Is it just me or does trainer Steve Campbell look very similar to Vern Fleming?

    I have to agree that George is such a good interviewee. And this is the kind of stuff that gets me excited during the lockout, seeing George working so hard. I really hope that the rest of the Pacers work this hard too

  13. #9
    Member A.B.Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is definetly very well spoken.
    Thats racist.









    just kidding Hicks!
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

  14. #10
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    This reminds me a bit of the time when Chuck Person was "the man" in Indy and Reggie Miller came in and took over. I suspect Paul will be "the man" in Indy within 24 months.

  15. #11
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    ........


  16. #12

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    At the 14 second mark in the beginning it looks like Granger is there too.

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBones19 For This Useful Post:


  18. #13

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the 14 second mark in the beginning it looks like Granger is there too.
    Yea, that's defiantly Granger.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,087
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the 14 second mark in the beginning it looks like Granger is there too.
    Good eye

  21. #15

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just can't stop thinking of Lance and this guy in their primes in 2 years destroying other teams. I've said it before, between the two you have two guys that match up well.
    If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

    But yeah, that's quite a thought ...............

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

    But yeah, that's quite a thought ...............
    Kid's and their imaginations these days.

  24. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If , I mean IF, I mean IF, I mean IF Lance takes on a similar approach like George. Yes, the potential is there, but I'm guessing that there are more than a few of us that really question Lance's dedication to the game and, more importantly, himself.

    But yeah, that's quite a thought ...............
    I disagree with questioning his dedication to basketball the man loves basketball I mean it has been his life since he was 14. I could see questioning weather he will work on his weakness but i don't question that he plays basketball as much as Paul. I love that Paul is in the gym lets be honest he needs to add 15 pds of muscle. While Lance on the other hand doesn't need to be in the weight room. He needs to improve quickness and defense of mobility and shooting. I mean by what has come out lately Lance has supposedly lost around 15pds since the end of the season(which is what exactly what he needed to do to help his weakness). But questioning the other things I competently agree and those are huge question marks. I hope Lance keeps his head on straight and becomes a contributor next year with his competitiveness we will see how seriously he is taking his career by weather he A.) stays out of trouble during the lockout B.) see how much improvement has been made by the next time he steps on to the field house court. This is critical IMO to seeing if Lance will fulfill his potential seeing how he comes back from a lockout will tell me if Lance truly meant it. When he said in a interview "i want to be an all star in 5 years". He needs to work his *** off and earn his teammates respect that he seemingly didn't have last year and the respect of the fans.

  25. #18
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Thanx for the video pre game. Nice to see a young talent like Paul being productive this offseason and dedicating himself. Hopefully Lance sees this video and starts hitting a 24 hr fitness also ha.

  26. #19
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Them true blues are nice too. I just copped a pair. He should wear those in Conseco

  27. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanx for the video pre game. Nice to see a young talent like Paul being productive this offseason and dedicating himself. Hopefully Lance sees this video and starts hitting a 24 hr fitness also ha.
    see i don't like these kind of comments. Just because PG has twitter and posts like "im about to workout trying to be the best" he is labeled a harder work than other players. You don't think Lance is working on his game? Better example i haven't heard **** about Tyler working out and trying to get better does this mean he isn't? I just think because PG and Hibbert publicizes all their stuff they gets more love than guys who workout and don't tweet about it. Perfect example is Danny Granger he tweets all the time hardly ever about basketball. But i know for a fact Danny is in LA playing pickup ball with a lot of top tier talent and also has a personal trainer who works him out. I like that DC, PG, and Roy tweet they are working out and preparing. But i am also confident a lot of the NBA works as hard as those 3. They just don't tweet or make videos about it.

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    No your just taking it the wrong way. If you seen any of my past posts u would see I have nothing but love for lance. Im just stating my opinion that I hope lance is doing the same thing. Don't get it twisted

  30. #22
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    And besides I'm not worried about Hans and Roy they both put in work in college, lance is still a kid. Just saying

  31. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No your just taking it the wrong way. If you seen any of my past posts u would see I have nothing but love for lance. Im just stating my opinion that I hope lance is doing the same thing. Don't get it twisted
    I can tell you for sure Lance is working on his game. I mean i don't know if he is working on his weakness besides for just losing 15 pds(which you said I hope he hits up LA fitness so obviously he has done something you wanted him to do lose weight) which should help Lance. He is noticeably quicker at the Indy pro am which is good. Paul is working on his weakness by hitting the weights which should really help.

  32. #24
    Member Pacerfan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Speedway, IN / Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Well just want u to know I didn't mean it as a shot at lance. I could see how one could perceive it after re-reading it. I hope your right cause that boy has hella talent and am rooting for him to succeed with us. I know Larry sure stuck his *** on the line for him.

  33. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: (Video)Paul George hitting the weights during lockout

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well just want u to know I didn't mean it as a shot at lance. I could see how one could perceive it after re-reading it. I hope your right cause that boy has hella talent and am rooting for him to succeed with us. I know Larry sure stuck his *** on the line for him.
    dude it isn't even about Lance. It is just in general. I mean to some what Roy and Paul do could be perceived as cocky or a PR stunt to get more fans. I just feel the majority of players in the NBA work as hard as Roy and Paul do. They just don't have a spot on pacers.com(Paul and Roy kick boxing / MMA last year or another web site showing they work out. (i may be completely wrong maybe Paul and Roy have a lot better work ethics than most other players)


    Just to reiterate i am happy they tweet and talk about wanting to improve . I just think most of the players are working on their game as hard as them they just are more quiet or private people ala Tyler hans.

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. 3/4/2011 Game Thread #61: Pacers Vs. Mavericks
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 337
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
  3. Paul George
    By dgranger17 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM
  4. Eddie George to star in play
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 07:29 PM
  5. What George Karl is really going through
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •